Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

how many people have had an mxt mxt pro and just couldn't fall in love with it?

Posted by farmerboy856 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I've had two a standard and a pro the pro I still own. I like it ok it feels good, I've always used whites till a year ago so it feels right when I hold it, and I like the pp trigger. But... I don't like using it I don't like most of the coils, to me the ID'S are very un stable. I want to love it and want to feel like it's the machine I want to grab first. I mean it's a whites I started with a whites. when you thought of metal detectors you thought of white's. And now I grab my at pro or my omega or my compadre. The last few times I've actually made myself use my mxt. It's not fun it doesn't seem to just talk to me like the others do. I mean I've made finds with it I dug my first barber half with it. It just seems like my finds come easier if you will with my other detectors. I hope what I'm trying to get across makes sense it's almost weird I kinda feel guilty but I've been strongly thinking of selling it. It's like giving up on an old friend. At one time I owned 6 whites machines. This isn't a rant against whites their fine I'm just going through the whole I drove Chevys for 20 years and one day I wake up and realize I actually like dodge better. Isn't it foolish the emotional attachments we people have for certain brands and it items. Part of me wants to keep it because it's my last whites and because I read about everyone else that has one and love's it and I feel like I should love it too. Wow I feel like I was just on a couch in a little office talking about my feelings lol!
Farmerboy, ya got it easy. MXT is a good machine. Get the MX Sport and you really are going to need a couch and lots of therapy cool smiley But hey not every machine works for everybody. Go with the machine that "clicks" with you, learn it and you will find stuff. That's why on the forums we talk about so many different makes and models. If there was a "one perfect" machine, everyone would have it. Then the forums would become boring because there would be no lively discussions about different makes and models.smiling smiley
farmerboy856 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've had two a standard and a pro the pro I still
> own. I like it ok it feels good, I've always
> used whites till a year ago so it feels right when
> I hold it, and I like the pp trigger. But... I
> don't like using it I don't like most of the
> coils, to me the ID'S are very un stable. I want
> to love it and want to feel like it's the machine
> I want to grab first. I mean it's a whites I
> started with a whites. when you thought of metal
> detectors you thought of white's. And now I grab
> my at pro or my omega or my compadre. The last few
> times I've actually made myself use my mxt. It's
> not fun it doesn't seem to just talk to me like
> the others do. I mean I've made finds with it I
> dug my first barber half with it. It just seems
> like my finds come easier if you will with my
> other detectors. I hope what I'm trying to get
> across makes sense it's almost weird I kinda feel
> guilty but I've been strongly thinking of selling
> it. It's like giving up on an old friend. At one
> time I owned 6 whites machines. This isn't a
> rant against whites their fine I'm just going
> through the whole I drove Chevys for 20 years and
> one day I wake up and realize I actually like
> dodge better. Isn't it foolish the emotional
> attachments we people have for certain brands and
> it items. Part of me wants to keep it because
> it's my last whites and because I read about
> everyone else that has one and love's it and I
> feel like I should love it too. Wow I feel like
> I was just on a couch in a little office talking
> about my feelings lol!

Ok, well after the first day with mine I wondered what the heck I'd bought until later that day,,

1)What do you not like about the Coils ? they are in fact more uniform in their search pattern than any after market Coils and a lot more sensitive

2) If your Id's are all over the place then you need to turn the Gain down,

The biggest mistake you can make with the MXT is to over think it, but most of all you need to trust the machine,,

3) What settings are you using ?

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 05:28PM by auminesweeper.
Re: how many people have had an mxt mxt pro and just couldn't fall in love with it?
July 18, 2016 05:28PM
Sorry, I have big fingers, a small kindle and I guess two threads opened at the same time so a reply got misfiled.
Bet that was confusing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 06:01PM by diggwr27.
diggwr27 Wrote:
> Do not, I repeat do not deal with this out of town
> guy at all anymore.
> All the red flags are there, and scammers know how
> to get around the protections in place in more
> ways than one.
> You will be out your unit, your shipping and all
> extra charges incurred and don't be so sure PayPal
> will reimburse you even if you think you took
> every precaution.
> There are horror stories floating all over the net
> about transactions that went sour just like this.

Sorry Mate, But you have lost me, what does this have to do with the guy having troubles with his MXT,

John
Re: how many people have had an mxt mxt pro and just couldn't fall in love with it?
July 18, 2016 06:04PM
Yea, it surprised the heck out of me when a reply for another thread went missing...and then magically appeared over on this one.
Disregard.
diggwr27 Wrote:
> Yea, it surprised the heck out of me when a reply
> for another thread went missing...and then
> magically appeared over on this one.
> Disregard.

Well it's got an up side to it, At leased you did not Propose to anyone, drinking smiley

John.
I think the MXT is Whites apex unit in alot of ways..

Of course Dave Johnson built it..

If it was the only machine I had I would never feel out gunned..

A all time Classic..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I think the MXT is Whites apex unit in alot of
> ways..
>
> Of course Dave Johnson built it..
>
> If it was the only machine I had I would never
> feel out gunned..
>
> A all time Classic..
>
> Keith

Amen Keith, Dave J has given us nearly all of the most Iconic machines built to date, Great Man indeed.

If I could not have one then I would just Quit Detecting, My way of thinking is that it is not the most expensive and there are deeper machines ( Maybe ) ? But if a person learns to trust the machine you will never go home empty handed, My one is on fire even the standard coil can see bits of lead weighing 0.01 grams OR 0.2 Grains at about an inch, Of Coarse you know that anyway, and it can see my bare hand at 4 to 6 inches, and that huge 15" coil has incredible sensitivity and it can see your hand as well and bits down to and below 0.02 grams,

What can you say about a Machine that can and will do it All,

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2016 04:40AM by auminesweeper.
Not much I would imagine John, but I still got to know - whats the name of OP's therapist?

they are doing a fantastic job - I was almost in tears - lol - thank you Sir winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
rustic charm Wrote:
> Not much I would imagine John, but I still got to
> know - whats the name of OP's therapist?
>
> they are doing a fantastic job - I was almost in
> tears - lol - thank you Sir winking smiley

It's Amazing what a few Licks of a Cattle Prod will Achieve and the Scars don't take long to heal neither >grinning smiley< hot smiley

John.
If I could not have one then I would just Quit Detecting, My way of thinking is that it is not the most expensive and there are deeper machines ( Maybe ) ? But if a person learns to trust the machine you will never go home empty handed, My one is on fire even the standard coil can see bits of lead weighing 0.01 grams OR 0.2 Grains at about an inch, Of Coarse you know that anyway, and it can see my bare hand at 4 to 6 inches, and that huge 15" coil has incredible sensitivity and it can see your hand as well and bits down to and below 0.02 grams,

What can you say about a Machine that can and will do it All,

John
Wow, a .2 grain piece of lead at 1 inch with the standard coil !!! I gotta get me an MXT. My GMT will only detect that small of a target with the sniper coil !!
Don O in SoCal Wrote:

> Wow, a .2 grain piece of lead at 1 inch
> with the standard coil !!! I gotta get me an
> MXT. My GMT will only detect that small of a
> target with the sniper coil !!

Well I left the Tracking Locked in the Prospecting mode then turned it on and I turned it up and it just did it, So I asked Whites if they had updated the software and they said NO and they DID say that there is always on going fine tuning going on,, Yesterday I put a new 5.3 coil on it and Air tested it this time it saw a bit that I cant get the scales to read and it is Driving me Nuts, I got less than 10 volts in the rechargeable battery pack and in the prospecting mode I Air tested a US Quarter and that 5.3 and I could hear it at 14 to 15 inches upsetting the Threshold with a faint zip type waver.

I don't know if it is the Machine or the Coils, whether they have changed the wire in their coils I don't know ? but this is not normal, I stuck a 0.4 grain piece of lead on top of a huge magnetic sign that ground Balanced at 87 that the Standard 10" coil saw it,

I have a New GMT with the standard 6x10 DD and the 6x10 Longscan Coil (concentric) and I also have the 8x14 Longscan Concentric coil, But that 6x10 Longscan brings the GMT on par with the GB II, On ultra Tiny stuff what the Twin D coil sees at an inch the Longscan can see at 2 to 3 inches and I think that the Longscan coil is the reason people love the older Goldmasters, And another thing the GMT GB's that sign at 85 to 87 using the Twin D coil, But the Longscan drops the GB to around 74 which gives you more GB settings in reserve which is a good thing, But that coil does explain why the GB II is such a hot machine when you consider that it uses a 6x10 concentric, I have not had a chance to get out in the field with it due to my health But I will post my findings as soon as I can.

Good luck,, John

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2016 06:11AM by auminesweeper.