Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Nasa- Tom I was reading your article on Fort Meade and I remember year's ago

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Nasa- Tom I was reading your article on Fort Meade and I remember year's ago
January 19, 2011 03:21AM
probably 25 or so years back...I remember reading in a magazine Treasure Search?? i think it was about a guy hunting the fort Meade site and I remember he had a couple of Belt plates out of there...one was a cross belt if i remember correctly and the other was a eagle??? Pretty sure...had lots of button's and such...Not sure if you have ever read it ??

He gave details about the seminole War fort ....

I am going to dig through the mags I have on hand... I sold alot over the year's but still may have it??? Maybe??

I have another book also ....It's an archaeological report on florida site's with some find's pictured from fort Meade and other's...

I will see what I can come up with...

May be old new's to you and probably is...but there was some good stuff dug down that way in the early 80's about the time discriminator's got good...

See what I can find pic wise..

great info on the site !!Good find's Tom!!!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 03:21AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Hey Nasa- Tom I was reading your article on Fort Meade and I remember year's ago
January 19, 2011 11:45AM
I would be highly interested if you find any of this info. I have not read it. I would not be surprised if the person that wrote the mag article was Kenneth Hughes......(but this is only a guess).
Re: Hey Nasa- Tom I was reading your article on Fort Meade and I remember year's ago
January 31, 2011 03:00AM
All right Tom I have dug through my Mag's and i cant find the info...I do remeber 2 belt plate's in treasure search I believe it was...My other source was a book called the men of Fort Foster has artifacts from quite a few fort's in Florida.. But non from Meade..So that's a no go...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imag

Will keep looking and yes Kenneth Hughes did dig relics there I am most positive..

Keith
January 31, 2011 03:36AM
VERY interesting. Yes, I can confirm Kenneth Hughes has hunted Ft. Meade many times. ........ Looks like I need to get this book! Thanks for posting it. And if you do find any of the Ft. Meade info you are looking for, my interest is pique.