Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lake Michigan Nite Hunt With Whites SurfMaster II/Thought I had Gold But No Cigar thumbs up

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Arrived at beachfront 10pm/dark after a 90+ degree day here and hunted the lake until 1:00am when a storm blew in causing waves to kick up and down pouring rain with lightning!

It's dark out there at nite so when I dug the ring all I saw was silver color and some sparkle that had the old heart pumping till I made it back to the truck/in the light and realized it's just a junker thumbs up

Not much tonight but had fun out there in the water for a bit = was a nice cool down after a hot day inland grinning smiley

Live shot earlier in the day from the beach cam shows a typical day at the beach out there and why I like to try my luck thumbs down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 07:10PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Lake Michigan Nite Hunt/Thought I had Gold But No Cigar thumbs up
July 24, 2016 07:25AM
Need to bring some friends and footballs to get them rings flying off those fingers.grinning smiley

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
July 24, 2016 01:44PM
Thanks for sharing.

Been hot here,,just reading your post,,,cooled me down some.
July 24, 2016 02:45PM
Go to be some gold in those waters...haven't water hunted in years but put shivers down my spine just looking at the picture...
July 24, 2016 05:48PM
That looks like a prime spot thumbs down
July 24, 2016 06:28PM
Bad hunt better than no hunt!!!

Good looking spot!!

at least its cool..

Come down here for a hunt...Goodness its hot..one day this week we were at 114 heat index with actually being 102...I lost a good gallon of water..LOL

I like to night hunt Too...but this time of year the Rattlers and Copperheads do too..LOL!!!

Need to find me a swimming hole to try and find something in ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 24, 2016 06:40PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bad hunt better than no hunt!!!
>
> Good looking spot!!
>
> at least its cool..
>
> Come down here for a hunt...Goodness its hot..one
> day this week we were at 114 heat index with
> actually being 102...I lost a good gallon of
> water..LOL
>
> I like to night hunt Too...but this time of year
> the Rattlers and Copperheads do too..LOL!!!
>
> Need to find me a swimming hole to try and find
> something in ..
>
>
>
> Keith

LoL

NO thanks on the snakes there Keith!

I was using the Surfmaster II that you modded for me a few yrs back

buddy was using his CZ21 and I found 2xs as much as he did grinning smiley

That little 1 tone (beep/dig) set just above iron/nail reject with sens maxed as high as possible (I can run around 90% out there) does the job quite well.

I can tell when I hit foil and also iron bottle caps as they like to give a solid tone with disc setting just above nail but if you listen they will give a slight crackle every other sweep and also double beep when passing over. Never fails = every time I dig one of those signals (just to double check -- it's always a steel cap).
With all the heat a bad day in the water is always better than not getting out at all. Came out of the water last week due to the snakes Bill and I had ran into. Keep at it, gold right around the corner for ya.
July 26, 2016 05:20PM
Good deal Wayne..

Glad that Surfmaster is still Smoking!!!

Not sure why the factory just didn't set them up like that to being with LOL..

Everyone I've ever modded on went from anemic to Scorchers..

I was just in a P.M. on here with a guy this week and he was telling me how hot his is and how he is loving it!!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla