Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's the Shadow X-5 Airtest video

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's the Shadow X-5 Airtest video
January 24, 2011 01:50AM
I made a quick video today to show the Shadow X-5 airtest that a couple of people were asking about....

The camera was causing some interference so sorry about the chirping it's usually quite up till about 10 on the sens...I think it will convey that depth is not an issue... and also you will see it is as deep in dime's as it is nickle's... quarters will go on back a couple more inches.. half's and dollars will get into the 25" range...but to get the most out of it you need the headphone's on ...the camera mic cannot pick up the whisper's...I was surprised it would here the targets as loud as it did...

Get in the wood's with no noise crank up the sens and get some good headphone's and the depth is way out there...believe me...

o'k just a quick video sorry for the sloppy angle's and such..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 01:51AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Here's the Shadow X-5 Airtest video
January 24, 2011 10:35PM
I saw the video, thanks for posting it. The detector seemed a bit chattery due to the camera and I would not dig that signal, the one at 17", but at 15" on a dime it gave a pretty solid signal. Thats very impressive. I noticed it said high frequency/low frequency on it. Does that mean that it's a dual frequency detector, or is that just a frequency shift to mitigate interference? Seems like a great detector, but I don't know if I could go back to using a concentric coil after the T2 11" DD and the target separation that gives.
Re: Here's the Shadow X-5 Airtest video
January 25, 2011 04:03AM
VERY good video capture. Clear. Point well made.

AIR-TEST RESULTS!!!!!!!!!
Not trying to hijack the thread, but ...for 3D
January 27, 2011 12:32AM
It is a frequency shift used for EMI and in competition hunts to minimize cross talk from other Troys.

Keith - Nice video, and very impressive results. Now you've got me real curious about my X3, I've got to give it a try and see how much Troy actually tweaked that particular machine.
Re: Not trying to hijack the thread, but ...for 3D
January 27, 2011 05:46AM
Gary is right it is just a shifter Middle is like 19khz then high is 19.3khz then low is 18.7khz...

Not for sure he tweaked it ??? I just know the guy was his buddy and they hunted together but he got out of hunting and sold it....Still with the erratic noise you can see the depth is there just like on everyone I ever had.... 17 inch nickle's was the norm...this one I have here just seems to have a bit of a thresh type sound breaking in out past the beep to hear a whisper it add's inch's in the right environ..

Thanks Gary... and you were not hijacking we all try to help when we can...

Keith