Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My rundown on the 85th Anniversary F75....(video)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My rundown on the 85th Anniversary F75....(video)
August 04, 2016 10:06PM
Wow what a unit..

The old school F75 guys are going to be in LOVE!!

I know Im impressed!!

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: My rundown on the 85th Anniversary F75....(video)
August 04, 2016 10:30PM
Thanks for that video Keith.

Your comment on it could be your favorite detector overnight, with a price tag of about $500 says A LOT !!!!

Glad to hear the EMI is gone yet it's still 'sparky'. Always liked that about the F75 in terms of it's 'sparkyness', but there were places where I just could not use it in any setting or sensitivity level due to it being totally erratic due to EMI.

May have to re-think getting one again.
August 04, 2016 10:43PM
Just commented on video. Thanks for the sales in advance. Lol I agree i have one and its a hot and smooth cookie. However, 85th is just a sales promo. Its the same regular f75 with dst that has been available for year and a half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 10:43PM by detectingMO.
August 04, 2016 10:49PM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just commented on video. Thanks for the sales in
> advance. Lol I agree i have one and its a hot and
> smooth cookie. However, 85th is just a sales
> promo. Its the same regular f75 with dst that has
> been available for year and a half.

Just hasn't had "the press"!
August 04, 2016 10:55PM
Thanks for the update on the 'new' f75, Keith. It seems they have been getting a lot of undeserved flack for not improving their line up. The Racers have filled the f75s role in my arsenal. It sure sounds like I should keep an open mind.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 05, 2016 12:00AM
Keith does this one have DST or not, I have managed to Track one down and I might give it a go,

Thanks mate,

John.
August 05, 2016 01:00AM
Good vid there Keith

that fast mode smokes it in nails!

Cool how you can turn DST on/off at your choosing too thumbs down
August 05, 2016 01:29AM
No Thanks.
August 05, 2016 02:15AM
Thats a very good video on the F75,a few years ago i seriously looked at getting the F75 but after doing my homework and indepth reviews i went for the T2,i feel it was more suited to my detecting needs here in the UK,infact it still is one of my all time favourite machines and dated 2009,its found me the most gold for sure,only advantage i like about the F75 is the fact that you can save your settings in a spare slot,but saying that you can setup the T2 in seconds.

The new DST features on the F75 does look very nice and appear to work well,but as i only hunt mainly on pasture and ploughed and rolled fields well away from inner city EMI issues then i dont really have a problem with EMI either.
August 05, 2016 02:16AM
Hopefully this wasn't the new Detector they where going to release?
August 05, 2016 02:17AM
Here we go, is 9.0 or 9.1 DST on or off spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm waiting for the new multi-frequency F75 to come out later this year hot smiley
August 05, 2016 02:34AM
If it is waterproof and muti freq I will pre order one lol.

Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Here we go, is 9.0 or 9.1 DST on or off spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> I'm waiting for the new multi-frequency F75 to
> come out later this year hot smiley
August 05, 2016 03:10AM
I had one of the original f75 se that had a ghost i think. Some places it would work excellent then the next place wouldnt work hardly at all. Idk The whole setup the pistol grip and screen layout has always been one of my favorites. I think im gonna have to get one of those man! reminds of the racer 2 except well balanced. Hey keith man always wondered what u look like. Never seen ya in any of ur vids lol
August 05, 2016 03:25AM
I find the depth of the FA mode on my upgraded F75 to go pretty deep still. Just have to listen for the quick audio clips. 1n tone option helps too.

Low and mid priced machines have really improved in performance the past couple of years. $500 for a brand new F75 with the options that it has now is a sweet deal.
August 05, 2016 03:07PM
Kickindirt Wrote:
> I had one of the original f75 se that had a ghost
> i think. Some places it would work excellent then
> the next place wouldnt work hardly at all. Idk The
> whole setup the pistol grip and screen layout has
> always been one of my favorites. I think im gonna
> have to get one of those man! reminds of the racer
> 2 except well balanced. Hey keith man always
> wondered what u look like. Never seen ya in any of
> ur vids lol

I think Keith is one of them Big Ole' Boys like Daniel and His size 13 shoe!
August 05, 2016 03:33PM
Quote:"The old school F75 guys are going to be in LOVE!! "

well, yes, sort of, except I already have a old-school F75. I'd love to (figuratively) borrow it off Keith and see how it compares to mine....
I'm impressed by it's ability to find a 9" dime in 4-bar dirt, I don't think mine would find one in 1-bar dirt.
August 05, 2016 03:45PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
>
> I think Keith is one of them Big Ole' Boys like
> Daniel and His size 13 shoe!

Ha ha could be, cant tell alls i ever see is a shadow. Maybe we should call him shadow man
August 05, 2016 04:33PM
John it has DST that you can toggle on or off..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2016 04:34PM
Nope Not Hardly !!LOL!!

-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2016 04:35PM
Seems the manual is right on this one Cobra!

This year HMMM?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2016 04:37PM
Good info on FA..

Yes 1n is not just disc increased to reject nail...its more..Maybe even has a bleedy filter??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2016 04:39PM
Long way's to ship Pimento..

probably be cheaper to buy one on your side of the pond with shipping cost LOL!!

Yes it basically that cheap New Now Hard to believe!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2016 04:52PM
Feel like I'm on a dating site LOL!!

YOU must not of watched all my vids???

Here's one with a side shot LOL!

[www.youtube.com]

And here's a pic from a few years back on a genealogy post I had going..scroll down till you find it

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

I could say mid forties then...I have to say late 40s now LOL!!

man time flys

I need to add to that post by the way have something cool to show I just found..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2016 05:19PM
Sadly, they (gold stem DST F75's) still seem to retail for 750 Pounds here ( 980 US Dollars), I don't know when the price cut will arrive. We do have the low priced T2 Classic here, I guess it's just time...
Update October 2016 and I've seen it listed at 595 Pounds ( =800 US Dollars ) by a UK seller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 09:45AM by Pimento.
August 05, 2016 05:40PM
Ole' Keith Southern, Your a handsome Man! I bet you had to beat the Woman off with a stick back in the day.grinning smiley
August 05, 2016 06:11PM
Cool thx man
August 05, 2016 06:57PM
I have the T2 Classic and it's sweet as heck I have went back to spots I've hammered with Minelab Explorers and Etracs and Garrett AT Pro and Gold and pulled coins that they had missed. And this thing runs as quite as a church mouse. I found a World War II button with it that was over 10" deep and it sounded like it was on top of the ground. I was using a NEL Sharpshooter Coil when I found the coins and bridle. It makes this machine a beast in iron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 03:14AM by 88junior.
August 05, 2016 10:23PM
Keith, I've been watching your videos and reading your posts for 5 or 6 years now. And all that time I thought of you as a harry armed big ole tennis shoe. It was like having the disc. set too high and missing those deeper masked targets. Now I can put a face with the voice. That's awesome. Thanks for all you do for this hobby in such a non controversial way. smileys with beer
August 06, 2016 04:32AM
I have a F75 LTD 2 with DST that I bought from Keith.

It is quiet and deep. Shockingly quiet compared to what the F75 used to be. Being able to run wide open puts this detector in a whole different realm than the previous EMI plagued F75s I had.

9.0 on this unit is default and DST is off.

9.1 and DST is on. Any EMI chatter and the 9.1 mode quiets it slightly.

I don't care what the manual says.

As I recall, the F5 manual I had was littered with errors, and gave incorrect exact opposite instructions for ground balancing I believe it was. They changed the errors with subsequent printings of the manual. I would imagine FT will do the same thing here if they haven't already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2016 04:33AM by marcomo.
August 06, 2016 01:21PM
marcomo
I don't care what the manual says. I would imagine FT will do the same thing here if they haven't already.

Has Fisher ever responded on this or any other forum?