Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cz-3d Metal Detector Issues - Need Help

Posted by crzydrumer14 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cz-3d Metal Detector Issues - Need Help
August 04, 2016 11:40PM
Hi everyone,

I need some help. My father recently passed away and left me his Cz-3d Fisher Metal Detector. I've used it before but am now having issues with it...

Specifically, I am getting a lot of low pitch chattering noise as soon as I turn it on. I cannot get this noise to subside unless I have the metal detector less than 1/2" from the ground. Additionally, while attempting to metal detect I have constant higher pitched chattering and noise. I have tried to ground balance with out any luck as well.

I have tried to adjust all settings, have replaced the batteries, and purchased a new coil with out any luck.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Will
Re: Cz-3d Metal Detector Issues - Need Help
August 05, 2016 12:00AM
Also, I just did a simple air test and don't get any chirps further than 1 inch from the coil face...
August 05, 2016 12:11AM
Has the detector been sitting idle for a long period of time with the batteries left in. Was it used around salt water/sand where as corrosion could of occurred inside the control box/electronics. Just a couple things off the top of my head. Good luck I hope you find the problem with it.
August 05, 2016 12:17AM
Thanks for the response. To answer your questions, yes it did sit idle for some time with batteries in it. No to you second question.

Thanks again
August 05, 2016 12:21AM
Sorry, don't know CZs, but have you called Fisher Tech Support or asked to speak with someone who does repairs (Felix)? Perhaps someone there can do some long-distance troubleshooting with you.

Welcome to the best MD forum there is. Hope you stick around.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 05, 2016 12:49AM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, don't know CZs, but have you called Fisher
> Tech Support or asked to speak with someone who
> does repairs (Felix)? Perhaps someone there can do
> some long-distance troubleshooting with you.
>
> Welcome to the best MD forum there is. Hope you
> stick around.
>
> Wayne

If I'm allowed a difference of opinion I have to disagree with you. This place sucks. Friendly is still the best but they ain't nothing to brag about either. It's up to the members to make a forum what it is although that can be difficult and it depends a lot on the restrictions. Friendly of 2014 hasn't been equaled since.

And since this place sucks so much, Kemper will not be posting here any longer. THE MANAGEMENT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 06:06PM by wildwally1.
August 05, 2016 12:54AM
I sure wouldn't hang around on a forum that sucks! HH jim tn
August 05, 2016 01:14AM
If you do not like it here, Kemper 94, then please leave. Surely you can find something more positive to do with your time. Irritating the members of this fine forum accomplishes nothing. Remember that you are a guest here, as we all are and a guest should always be respectful of their host. Which you are not being...I know, I know, please do not feed the troll. I shall refrain from responding to this misbehaved child in the future...Stuart
August 05, 2016 01:18AM
Welcome to this great forum, glad to have you here, and as Wayne suggested, give Fisher a call and talk to Felix.

Jeff
August 05, 2016 01:28AM
Sorry that I got sidetracked on your thread Crzydrumer14. Try a different set of batteries just to be sure that you did not get a bad one. It happens. Also make sure you are not in a high EMI area when testing out the machine. Reduce sensitivity control as well. Also check that the coil connector is screwed on tight and that the coil cable is not hanging loose and flopping around close to the coil. If none of this works, then it needs a trip to the repair shop. CZ's are great machines. Welcome to the forum...Stuart
August 05, 2016 01:52AM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> ncwayne Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry, don't know CZs, but have you called
> Fisher
> > Tech Support or asked to speak with someone who
> > does repairs (Felix)? Perhaps someone there can
> do
> > some long-distance troubleshooting with you.
> >
> > Welcome to the best MD forum there is. Hope you
> > stick around.
> >
> > Wayne
>
> If I'm allowed a difference of opinion I have to
> disagree with you. This place sucks. Friendly is
> still the best but they ain't nothing to brag
> about either. It's up to the members to make a
> forum what it is although that can be difficult
> and it depends a lot on the restrictions. Friendly
> of 2014 hasn't been equaled since.

Kemper, Kemper-----Just when I was STARTING (repeat, starting) to have a little "hope" for you-----BAD BOY!!!!!!-------Obviously you CAN'T STAND this Forum or many of us here.-----Seeing as you have such a dilemma---My best fatherly advice I can give you is: (1) Don't waste anymore of your valuable time gracing us with your presence here (it HAS to be just too hard on your nerves)!-----(2) Go back to your #1 Forum pick--Friendly (I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms--NOT)-----and last but not least---(3) Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!!!!--------Signed with love----the gang--(of sucky guys).
August 05, 2016 02:14AM
If you have another coil, I'd try that, IIRC the coils on the CZ's could go bad fairly easily (I had a couple that did).
August 05, 2016 02:19AM
crzydrumer14 Wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I need some help. My father recently passed away
> and left me his Cz-3d Fisher Metal Detector. I've
> used it before but am now having issues with it...
>
>
> Specifically, I am getting a lot of low pitch
> chattering noise as soon as I turn it on. I cannot
> get this noise to subside unless I have the metal
> detector less than 1/2" from the ground.
> Additionally, while attempting to metal detect I
> have constant higher pitched chattering and noise.
> I have tried to ground balance with out any luck
> as well.
>
> I have tried to adjust all settings, have replaced
> the batteries, and purchased a new coil with out
> any luck.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Will

Will---I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your Father.---Welcome to the Forum & glad to have you aboard.-----This IS a great forum & has been for years with many long time/very knowledgeable members.--------As to your 3-D---I would be concerned with the batteries being left in it for so long.----There is no signs of battery leakage?-----Even if there isn't---that's not a good situation (obviously).-----Like the guys said--give Felix at FT a call & describe the situation to him--he will probably advise you to send it in for check over/repair.-----If you do this---ask him to not do any repair on it until they give you an estimate on the cost.-----Perhaps it's a situation that won't "break the bank" to get it up & running again.------The CZ-3D is a very good detector and beings it was your deceased Fathers--it obviously is a special machine to you in that regard also.------Let us know how it turns out.--------------Del
August 05, 2016 02:37AM
Kemper94 Wrote:

Thanks for your gratuitous compliment of Friendly. But why are you insulting this forum, after they even let you come back?

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...
August 05, 2016 03:21AM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> ncwayne Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry, don't know CZs, but have you called
> Fisher
> > Tech Support or asked to speak with someone who
> > does repairs (Felix)? Perhaps someone there can
> do
> > some long-distance troubleshooting with you.
> >
> > Welcome to the best MD forum there is. Hope you
> > stick around.
> >
> > Wayne
>

Now that is hilarious. The skunk says this place stinks! Here's a suggestion, Kemper, go back to 2014 and stay there!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

August 05, 2016 10:13AM
Getting back on track to the OP. Try pulling out the coiled metal spring at the connector to the control box a 1/4" . Sometimes the spring works its way in and shorts out the wires in the connector causing chatter.

Edit: just saw that you did try a new coil so forget the suggestion. LOL

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 10:18AM by Jackpine.
August 05, 2016 12:45PM
Kemper this forum is a metal detecting forum if we wanted drama we would be on Facebook. This is a great forum with great members that discuss the hobby of metal detecting we aren't up for your BS so if you don't like us take a hike I'm sure none of us will shed a tear when you're gone.
August 05, 2016 12:54PM
As others have said reduce your sensitivity, I think Tom D. said that you get diminished returns once you go past 4.75 to 5 on your sensitivity. Try a bump test, turn the machine on, if you can get it stable (no falsing) tap or thump the coil with your finger, if it sounds off when you do this, it is probably in the coil or coil connector.

If you are feeling brave, you could open up the box and check the wires, see if any have worked loose inside.

Good luck......
August 05, 2016 12:54PM
I get the feeling, Kemper, that wherever YOU are, it SUCKS.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC

August 05, 2016 01:20PM
Good news guys,

So I replaced the batteries, pulled the coil wire spring and opened the control box to see if any wires were loose. I didn't find any wires loose but did my best to remove the little dust that had settled into some of the board. Put it all together and it seems to be working now. Tested it on the backyard and found 4 nails, a bolt, and a light switch assembly all within 30 minutes. I'm not sure what depth it'll go to but for now it seems to be working up to 4 inches deep.

Thanks for the help guys. If anything changes I'll try to give Felix a call.

-Will

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 01:21PM by crzydrumer14.
August 05, 2016 01:30PM
"Kemper, Kemper-----Just when I was STARTING (repeat, starting) to have a little "hope" for you-----BAD BOY!!!!!!-------Obviously you CAN'T STAND this Forum or many of us here.-----Seeing as you have such a dilemma---My best fatherly advice I can give you is: (1) Don't waste anymore of your valuable time gracing us with your presence here (it HAS to be just too hard on your nerves)!-----(2) Go back to your #1 Forum pick--Friendly (I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms--NOT)-----and last but not least---(3) Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!!!!--------Signed with love----the gang--(of sucky guys)."

+1
August 05, 2016 02:43PM
crzydrumer14 Wrote:
> Good news guys,
>
> So I replaced the batteries, pulled the coil wire
> spring and opened the control box to see if any
> wires were loose. I didn't find any wires loose
> but did my best to remove the little dust that had
> settled into some of the board. Put it all
> together and it seems to be working now. Tested it
> on the backyard and found 4 nails, a bolt, and a
> light switch assembly all within 30 minutes. I'm
> not sure what depth it'll go to but for now it
> seems to be working up to 4 inches deep.
>
> Thanks for the help guys. If anything changes I'll
> try to give Felix a call.
>
> -Will

Glad to hear you got her working Will!!

You will find some of the best technical knowledge in the members here!
August 05, 2016 02:57PM
Kemper,

How about you start acting grown up.
Some empathy would go a long ways.

I am not a perfect person by no means.

We have a person here,,,ask for help,,,only their 4th post.

And what have you done here,,,in this person's thread????

Turned into nothing but drama,,,and a bunch of woulda coulda shouldas.

Stop playing ring around the roses,,,,with about every thread you make comments in.

I don't believe from reading you are lacking in intelligence,,,,but your motives,,,your approach here,,,,doesn't even seem to be tied to detecting at all.

I can take any post/ thread here,,,,and try to turn it into a debate,,,and use tactics,,but is this what folks here should be doing???

Clean up your ACT,,,and soon.

This is really getting old here.

And please don't repsonse here,,to this,,,with a bunch of hoopla about why you do what you do,,,instead HEED my comments.

Juat go detecting,,,and then tell your story.

Real simple.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 02:59PM by tnsharpshooter.
August 05, 2016 03:06PM
To the op of this thread,

Welcome to this forum.

There is lots of info about your detector,,,the CZ-3D.

I have never used one,,,but it is from all that has been said by some,,,a stand out detector in certain aspects.

I hope you get your problem resolved.

I look forward to hearing more from you here Iin the future.

You can do searches here too,,,to find info concerning your detector.

Again welcome.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 03:07PM by tnsharpshooter.
August 05, 2016 03:06PM
I know of 2 people that have left the forum because of Kemper, I'm out of here also...Hope you get rid of him soon or all that are left is Kemper to talk to himself...lol
August 05, 2016 05:25PM
Fisher CZ-3d doesn't have a reset... Analog with potentiometers.
August 05, 2016 06:00PM
Crazydrummer, would you do a measured air test with a clad dime? Will you also read off the first 4 digits of the serial number? Just curious.
August 05, 2016 07:23PM
Your CZ should easily read a dime over 10". If not call Fisher for recalibration or repairs.
Sorry to hear we are losing forum member because of Kemper! Wally, now would be the time to remove him from this forum, in my opinion. FOREVER!!! I am easy going but even I can not take him for too long. Crzydrumer 14, sorry al this drama fell on your thread. It really is a great forum. None of this nonsense usually...Stuart
August 05, 2016 09:39PM
jonnied1 Wrote:
>(2) Go back to your #1 Forum
> pick--Friendly (I'm sure they would welcome you
> with open arms--NOT)

Ain't gonna happen.

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...
August 06, 2016 05:43AM
Glad to hear the CZ appears to be back up and working. Looking forward to hearing about some great finds.

Sorry about all the drama taking place earlier in your request for some help. Most of those that post here would apologize if they inadvertently 'hi-jacked' somebody else's post.

HH

Gonebeepin'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.