Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

root assasin

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
root assasin
August 06, 2016 12:10AM
Anybody tried this?

[www.amazon.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: root assasin
August 06, 2016 01:40AM
Nope but it looks like a good shovel, I could think of a few places to test it out. There's one spot I've detected that has this swamp grass kind of stuff, it's like crabgrass, and the roots are killer to dig through, this might be the ticket for there though!
August 06, 2016 01:49AM
Never seen one before,but i guess it would excel at cutting through 'roots' hence the name of the spade,but with such a narrow blade it would be useless for extracting soil from the hole as you would only be able to take small amount as a time,a bit overkill for parks/totslots and no good for general use on ploughed and rolled.

In theory it looks a stunning detecting digging tool but in practice about as much use as a chocolate fireguard smiling smiley
August 06, 2016 02:08AM
Haven't used one, but, looking at the pictures from the reviews, I don't think it would hold up to the abuse I would put on it.

Oklahoma black dirt in the summer is like concrete. lol
August 06, 2016 02:35AM
Four pounds is too heavy to carry all day

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 06, 2016 03:06AM
Its junk...The chinese "steel" isnt even tempered. The metal itself wont hold up. Theres a video on facebook of a guy that had one fold in the middle of the blade.
August 06, 2016 03:10AM
Oh well.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 06, 2016 03:18AM
There is a vid review on Ohio Relic Hunters FB page. Deadlift nailed it. Bent in the middle of the blade and the also the handle during first test.
August 06, 2016 02:29PM
Garden tools just are not made for metal detecting as they usually won't hold up...shaped to dig a deep plug but not to extract dirt from the hole...
August 06, 2016 04:27PM
I would be happy to just be able to use a shovel in my dirt LOL!!

I have to chop and a shovel isn't worth anything when chopping..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 07, 2016 01:11AM
Nothing beats the Old military Folding entrenching tool---not the POS currently in use. Dates from WWII to early 60's.
August 07, 2016 02:16AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing beats the Old military Folding entrenching
> tool---not the POS currently in use. Dates from
> WWII to early 60's.
All we use in or neck of the woods!!