Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Favorite detector over the years...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Favorite detector over the years...
August 11, 2016 09:57PM
In 35+ years detecting, I have owned over 30 different detectors....my 3:
Fisher CZ5
Teknetics G2
Tesoro Sidewinder umax....best machine in iron I have ever used. Wish I could find another...got me my 2 best CS buttons...AVC cuff and CS staff officers button
August 11, 2016 11:03PM
Ahh I forgot the Bandido II uMax. It was my first "real" detector I ever bought myself. I found a bunch with it too and then like an idiot, traded it for the Eldorado uMax...which wasn't half the detector the Bandidio II uMax was. I have tried to find one over the last few years but they are all as high now as they were new, if not higher.
August 11, 2016 11:37PM
Get yourself an Outlaw, hands down a better detector in the iron, has a lower audio report and better disc...Just don;t pay attention to the Retune button, I use the 3 position mode switch to retune the threshold by going to AUTO all metal then flipping back to Normal all metal.
August 12, 2016 12:29AM
Yeah Eldorado umax lost that Tesoro magic in iron..

had torun Iit up to nickel to get rid of nails....

was weird in the bottom end ...

worked well on black sand though and had a nice all metal ..but bandido 2 umax ran circles around it in nails..

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 13, 2016 01:31AM
I still have my Bandido 2 umax and use it quite often as the first detector I use on a new old site. Followed up with the Relic, Deus, and Tejon. I pretty much leave sites void of all non ferrous. Lol. Nothing is ever hunted out though. Says a lot when Tesoros make up the majority of a relic hunters line up. Second to none in iron nails.
August 13, 2016 01:44AM
Yep a Bandido 2 umax will pretty much destroy a site full of iron..

makes it real hard to get other goodies..

A Pantera was pretty dang good but when the AMPED up Bandido 2 umax came along it really lit up the stuff left and it was a ton..
that's why it's so hard to get stuff out of iron if a relic hunter has hunted it with a 120 Tesoro and especially a 120 umax and knew what they were doing..

the 180 Tejon and and such can get more but to be honest its not like it was on that first Tesoro 120 pull 25 years ago or more..

Was unreal back then what a person could get out of iron with 120 disc....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 13, 2016 04:08AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Minelab Sovereign. Wet sand hunting with a
> Sovereign in the early morning on a beach watching
> the sun come up is just about as good as it gets.
> Throw in a little gold and a couple pretty smiles
> and you have the beginning to one great day.

There's a poet in our midst.

Gonebeepin'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.