Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bad coil

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bad coil
January 26, 2011 09:19PM
What are the usual symptoms of a bad search coil on either the original F75 or one of the new LTD's?
Re: Bad coil
January 26, 2011 10:17PM
Markg,
My f-75 coil was falsing when I touched or wiggeled the coil wire @ the coil. Even tapping it lightly with a stick it would false. I sent the coil in Dec 3rd didnt get back untill the 12th of Jan. I understand the hollidays and all but it came back with a new connector at the head ( not needed) and the wire boot at the coil was sealed. Same coil wire. The coil still falses, nothing has changed. I called the tech Daniel, he said he would talk it over with his boss Alex, and call me back. Daniel called back right away and said Alex will call and discuss the problem. Alex called me the next day so I explaned the situation. He said to send the coil back in, I said no sir, I believe that you should send me a new coil. Alex asked me how old was the detector....Hmmmmmm. Alex said he would talk to his boss MaryBell and call me back. I asked Alex if he has the authority to make this decission, he said no. Never called. Its been since the 13th of Jan..I don't think Alex is calling back. Why didn't they just send a new coil? I'm not happy. I guess I'l call back, don't think it will do any good...I'll let you know.
January 26, 2011 11:59PM
Wow Ozzie....that's kinda funky customer service........I know White's wouldn't have approached the situation in that way........because I had a similar situation with them...it was handled much more professionally and expeditiously. When a White's tech say's they will call you back........you can bank on it.....90% of time its same day......other 10% its the next day. Even if they don't have a answer/solution at the time, they still call you back.
Maybe:
Mike Scott
Director of Hobby Sales
First Texas Products

Should be made aware of this. I was under the hopeful impression First Texas had gotten past their well documented poor customer service from a couple years back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 12:03AM by TerraDigger.
January 27, 2011 03:39AM
Agree........and Mike Scott is quite good about responding.
January 27, 2011 04:21AM
That is why I think I am done with First Texas. Heard the same story toooo many times
January 27, 2011 12:31PM
I was a little fearful posting about the service problem. I certanly don't want to discourage anyone from buying Fisher products. There are probably more instances of good service than not so good. I like their products and would buy again. The F-75 has treated me well, I used it hard for years and want to continue using it. They give a 5 year warrantee and I do expect them to honor it to the last day. I will try again but I don't want to send the coil back to them. TerraDigger and Tom, are you sugesting I write a letter to Mike Scott? Thanks
January 27, 2011 12:51PM
I suggest you call First Texas, explain you are having a customer service issue and ask to speak to Mike Scott directly and no one else. My perception is this:

1. A employee promises to call you back...and does not=very poor customer service.
2. Coil is mailed to them. I assume you paid postage.......issue not fixed=poor tech service.
3. They want you to ship coil that was suppoosed to be fixed back to them....you pay postage again=just plain BS.
They should at least have offered you a pre-paid shipping label to ship back when the repair didn't work the first time.
4. Invite Mike Scott to read this forum post. Ask him if this is the reputation that he wants First Texas to be seen in.

Ozzie, not that it matters but I was in sales for years, and a top salesperson because I would never do to a customer what I am seeing in your post.

Business always needs to understand and abide to the term.......customer SERVICE, or lose the customer and future customers by word of mouth or forums like these. Your dissatisfaction in this matter is legitimate and justified.
I think Mike Scott will get this resolved for you though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 01:51AM by TerraDigger.
Mark G......
January 27, 2011 01:15PM
Do you think your having a coil problem? And if so, what symptoms are you experiencing????
February 01, 2011 08:18PM
Hi All,
Update;

Just got a call from Mike Scott. I told him the symptoms with the f-75 coil. He noted the RA # that Fisher Labs gave me from when I sent it in last Dec. He said he would get on it right away and send me a new coil. We shot the breeze for a minite or two.Thats the short of it. Thaaat's customer service.
February 01, 2011 09:49PM
Fantastic job Scott.
Go Fisher
Now you feel a lot better.
February 01, 2011 11:09PM
Thats OK service. I cant see having supervisors if Mike has to take care of these simple DROP THE BALL issues. Sounds like a training issue. Go get um Mike.

Dew