Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic Live Hunt (video) Ghost-Town Hunt grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Relic Live Hunt (video) Ghost-Town Hunt grinning smiley
August 11, 2016 08:56PM
Hey all,

played hooky today and went scouting with the FR/checking on a few of my sites for the upcoming fall hunting season.

This is 1 of 3 ghost towns that I hunt all within 20/30 mins drive of my house.

Had machine in 2 tone/wide open and scored a few goodies in 1 hrs time grinning smiley

Love the modulated audio/conveyance of the FR - almost like the old skool machines!

See vid here >> [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2016 09:22PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Nokta Fors Relic Live Hunt (video) Ghost-Town Hunt grinning smiley
August 11, 2016 09:15PM
Super hunt MRH.

Thanks for sharing.

Gotta love the Relic detector.
August 11, 2016 09:26PM
Great Digs Wayne..

A seated half !!!!!MAN !!!!!

glad you let us hear the hole again after the half..Listen to all that Low tone in that hole....That's why those targets were still here...You had the right TOOL for the job!!

Im very happy for your success..you dont dig seated half's everyday..maybe once a Decade?

Good for you..

Oops almost forgot about the Token ..on any other way that would of been enough !

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 11, 2016 10:05PM
Nice video and that seated half dolar is a bucket list for me, I've found seated half dimes, dimes and quarters but the half dollar eludes me. Just think what that loss represented.back then... probably a days wages back then........
August 12, 2016 12:14AM
Sweetness!! That half man, what a great dig! Out from a token and barbed wire piece, very nice!! That was awesome.
August 12, 2016 12:24AM
Had to comeback for another look..

OK Now I'm Jealous..

no bigggie though..Ill just talk to my therapist Iin the morning..lol..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 12, 2016 01:13AM
LoL @ Keith!

I've never dug that area before as it's always been way overgrown with that sawgrass stuff or whatever (like 2ft high hay almost)!

I've been waiting to hunt the front and side of that tree and along the fringes of the corn and I caught it just at the right time as the county must have cut the deep grass down along the road with their tractor/mower.

There's much more I didn't even get to today - another big tree on the other side/along the n/s road and much of that 15 ft strip that is between the corn and road/s both east/west and north/south

I'm gonna take the excal/sov out there before that grass grows back up and see if I can't pull a few more nice ones outta there thumbs down

I've hunted that field for 4/5 yrs now with at least a dozen different machines and have pulled at least 150 OLD coins/tokens and countless buttons as well as relics but never hunted the strip between the road and crops as it's always been inaccessible whenever I've been out there.

Across the street kiddy/corner is where I pulled that Block A button late spring which is where the PO sat = can't wait to get back in that field again too!
August 12, 2016 02:11AM
Sweet finds MRH!
I was out today with the Relic as well. No seated halfsad smiley. I would probably pass out! Did find a 50-70 rimfire case and an old copper key tag from the Ritz Carlton though. Man, I love the Relic for spots like you were hunting. It's fun watching a video of a machine that you own because I know it's tones and was calling the targets right along with you. When you hit that seated I knew it was something good! WTG!!

Dean
August 12, 2016 03:17AM
Awesome !! that little coil can get it done !!
August 12, 2016 06:05AM
Sweet 1867 San Francisco minted seated half smileys with beer

That coil strayed a long way from home!

HH,
Brian
August 12, 2016 10:49AM
I've talked about hunting this ghost-town for the last 3 or 4 yrs on here and have shown some of the finds little by little as I've found them but have never shown the collection I've amassed over that period of time so I'm going to share it here and now since it's hard for anyone to picture from just words just how much/what you can find over a period of yrs in a major trade/commerce center that stood for 100+ yrs since around 1840

Noteworthy:

There was a PO, a Gen Store, a Saloon, a Stagecoach Stop/Hotel, Livery, Blacksmith Shop, Townhall, a Wood/cabinet maker's shop, and several houses sprinkled in/around these structures a 1/2 mile in every direction from a 4 corners stop/intersection. The church still stands a 1/2 mile to the south, the Grange Hall sat a 1/2 mile to the west but burned, and the school was a 1/2 mile to the east but was torn down.

The 1st picture shows around 50% of the coins, tokens, buttons, etc. found out there over the last 4 yrs or so. The rest have come from various sites I've hunted over that period of time.

The 2nd and 3rd pictures show approx. 75% of everything I've found out there since JUST this spring - the rest is from a few sites here & there.

There are Large cents, injuns, 2 cents, 3 cents (both silver and nickel), Shield nickels, V's, Buffs, 1/2 dimes, Seated coins, Barber coinage, Mercs, Civil War tokens, Store cards, Business cards, Foreign coins, Flat buttons, Civil War coat & cuff buttons, and more.

What the pictures don't show is a good TRUCKLOAD of CRAP (and that's an understatement) that I've also dug and thrown away over the time I've dug this ghost-town. This is yrs and yrs of WORK. This collection didn't come into existence by sitting on this forum or any other just talking about detecting/detectors and/or hunting in all the wrong places to find these type of finds. Anyone that thinks/says you can't find stuff like this and especially in quantity doesn't know what they're talking about, doesn't know how to do research, is lazy, non driven, or just plain full of dog dooky because with hard work, drive, and some effort in research = anyone can do/find stuff like this instead of just sitting there wishing they could find the same and/or critiquing or doubting others that do. I know the history of this area/township inside/out. I've studied from maps, books, and excerpts at the local library. I know the stagecoach stops, railroad stops, where the sawmills stood, the name/s of the 1st white settlers in the township, who built the 1st homes and on which plots/tracts of land and precisely where they stood/stand. I even know the names of most of the men who served in the CW and where they lived/land they owned. The 1st home built in the township in 1834 still stands approx. 3/4th's of a mile to the south. In other words = nothing is "random" about my diggin adventures and yours shouldn't be either if you want to find and amass a collection of stuff like this (or even better).

August 12, 2016 11:16AM
I like looking at a spread of finds like that, I have similar and one day will do the same as you, spread them out and take pics. I have had drawers full of finds that went out with the trash.....complaining wifey "why are you keeping all that crap, the bottom of the drawer is falling through" bla bla bla bla. Keeping the peace in little ways.

Not including clad, I have never sold any coins. I often wonder what my kids will do with them after I kick. I should seriously think about getting rid of them so I can get paid for the fun hard work.
August 12, 2016 12:16PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like looking at a spread of finds like that, I
> have similar and one day will do the same as you,
> spread them out and take pics. I have had drawers
> full of finds that went out with the
> trash.....complaining wifey "why are you keeping
> all that crap, the bottom of the drawer is falling
> through" bla bla bla bla. Keeping the peace in
> little ways.

LOL Ozzie!

Sounds like both my current significant other, and my ex wife grinning smiley

I've thrown boatloads of stuff away listening to them complain/b_tch = get that stuff off my counter/s, put that stuff outside/in the garage, blah blah blah blah!
August 12, 2016 03:18PM
Nice seated half!! I couldn't watch the video on my phone; for some reason it was grey scale and pixelated. On the PC thought it played fine.
August 12, 2016 03:36PM
Another great hunt got to love the small coil but I would think about getting a pin pointer?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 13, 2016 02:30AM
Wayne have you ever considered taking a lawn mower in the back of your truck to that site and mowing around that tree? Heck I would in a heartbeat!

Oh yeah, my wife says the same thing. I come back from one of my roadtrips all excited with all the history I dug, and I lay it out near the sink to clean it up and right away the wifey is asking:

How much is that worth?

Me: It's not particularly valuable, but the history is significant.

Wifey: It looks like garbage to me.

Me: Sigh..... eye rolling smiley

PS - Does the TID display on the Relic's pistol grip handle have a backlight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 02:32AM by Cal_cobra.
August 13, 2016 03:14AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wayne have you ever considered taking a lawn mower
> in the back of your truck to that site and mowing
> around that tree? Heck I would in a heartbeat!
>
> Oh yeah, my wife says the same thing. I come back
> from one of my roadtrips all excited with all the
> history I dug, and I lay it out near the sink to
> clean it up and right away the wifey is asking:
>
> How much is that worth?
>
> Me: It's not particularly valuable, but the
> history is significant.
>
> Wifey: It looks like garbage to me.
>
> Me: Sigh..... eye rolling smiley
>
>
> PS - Does the TID display on the Relic's pistol
> grip handle have a backlight?

Lol

I think it's built into all women to be like that!

Yes = backlight on the display but you gotta push the pinpoint button I believe to make it come on - also has a light on the front of the handle you can switch on/off to see what you're diggin at night.

What I really need is one of those weed whipper things with a blade on it to cut down all that crap around that tree. There's brush on one side, saplings, thick grass, etc!
August 13, 2016 04:35PM
Cal_cobra
PS - Does the TID display on the Relic's pistol grip handle have a backlight?
Brian, Yes, the FORS series models have a backlighted display in the handgrip. It will come on whenever something causes the display to report, such as stowing a Ground Phase when balancing, when Pinpointing, and when any Target ID read-out is indicated.

The backlight intensity can be turned 'Off' with a '0' setting, or be increased to a level you desire. I keep my CoRe, Gold + and all my Relic units set at the brightest intensity for those times I am hunting in the shade (hard to find this hot summer) and especially when I hunt at night or during darker (and cooler) hours. Yes, I know it can put a little wear on the batteries by being 'On' during a target hit or Pinpointing during a hunt, but those are brief and it sure doesn't drain the batteries much at all.

Monte

PS: If you'd like to use a Relic for a spell, I'll let you borrow one for a while on the WTHO coming up the 3rd thru 11th to see how it compares with the Racer/Racer 2 models. If you prefer to hunt in only a 2-Tone Discriminate mode, you can do that, too, with the Gold +. Same 19 kHz and uses the same coils as the relic.
August 13, 2016 06:15PM
You know one thing I don't like on the Relic and others of same series box..

when I want to see the ground mineral index at night I can't see it.the only way to get the light on the box to come on is to menu option it Via key pad and when that happens it times out the light before the search screen comes back ..

I like to know mineral index at times to know how to ADJUST How I interpret targets..

light needs to stay on longer than the menu so at least the overview screen will show for a few seconds...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 13, 2016 06:35PM
Very glad you rechecked the hole after the token find.

Congrats on the seated half dollar.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
August 13, 2016 06:43PM
Sweet seated half! That is still on my bucket list. Glad you rechecked after the token. thumbs down