Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Did minelab just patent a new form of discrimination?

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Did minelab just patent a new form of discrimination?
August 14, 2016 03:29PM
Just wondering if anyone can decipher the new minelab patent by inventor Philip Shane wahrlich? Hmmm

John
Re: Did minelab just patent a new form of discrimination?
August 14, 2016 06:18PM
whats the link?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 14, 2016 06:23PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> whats the link?
>
> Keith

[www.ipaustralia.com.au]
August 14, 2016 06:45PM
thanks for link..

Sounds like it may be Some sort of time domain and Disc too..

could be a unit running dual modes at once??

Could be that Unit Des spoke of .................BBS Like and VLF in unison

Time for a Xterra replacer ..been a decade now..

Maybe it will be an amped up BBS in a GREAT package.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 09:11PM by Keith Southern.
August 14, 2016 06:55PM
"I did advise you guys of this possibility some time ago"
August 14, 2016 08:00PM
:-)

Doesn't that just make you smile

HH
Johnb
August 14, 2016 08:23PM
If they use BBS...... they need to speed that recovery time. Wouldnt it be nice if the made a machine lighter for a change?
August 14, 2016 08:46PM
Why make a machine light and easy to swing when you can make money selling vests to people that want to swing their cinder block detectors?
August 14, 2016 09:14PM
I think maybe yall can see where I'm going Now..With my ramblings of depth post..

and yes You did tell us Des..

BBS Reworked...we can go deeper!!!and hunt better in iron than ever before..

Great days are coming..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 14, 2016 09:44PM
Maybe they are finally making this?

^someone's dream excal I found on the net...

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 14, 2016 09:51PM
I think you're right Kieth. I think Minelab reworked bbs to a whole new level. I think this updated tech will reach new depths with proper target id. Just hope it's a nice balanced lightweight rig and not too expensive. They just released that new 19" super D coil for the gpz 7000 msrp $1500. Ouch!!! I'd like to see what that setup could do on depth. Very interesting times ahead I feel.

John
August 14, 2016 10:18PM
I reckon this could be the highly anticipate replacement for the hugely successful 'Go Fathom 20-40-60' range it does make alot of business sense i guess smiling smiley
August 15, 2016 01:51AM
Minelab - "Go Fathoms" - "Go Flops" - "White Elephant"

Just some of the terms handed out by guys I DO respect around heresmileys with beer

Wow, don't hold back guys -

Look at what you are getting for how little you pay - This is the very first metal detector my daughter has shown an interest in and to me that's gold right there - I have had all manner of units through my place and this is the first time she has told me that she wants to keep it -

Now I am sure its not everyone's cup of tea but how in the hell do you rate the Minelab Go-Find Series to be so poor when it is simply doing the work it was intended to do? - Draw younger ones into the hobby at a price that is very competitive especially for a top brand such as Minelab - They introduced new features in portability, with minimal setup times. It also gave the ability to work in with smartphones etc which again, is great for such a low cost detector. IMO I think it was a clever release by Minelab & for sure, its not for everyone, but I have not heard of anyone having to send them back to Minelab countless times for software upgrades & cracked screen repairs like many are currently experiencing with a high priced detector from another manufacturer -

Whats your guys take on that fathom flop white elephant? - winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
August 15, 2016 02:02AM
Discrimination for the GPZ perhaps?
August 15, 2016 06:11AM
When they came out, I had to have one for the "kids". At least that was the explanation I gave the wife.

The fact that it doesn't look intimidating and collapses down to near nothing gives it a high-tec feel.
Your earbuds from the smart phone work perfectly.

Best thing about it was the All Metal/Pinpoint, it just worked great.
Saddest thing was the inability to properly identify bottlecaps.

It lived in the car for a while, made a few opportunities possible. Found the goods.
Had some fun with it and then sold it.

What I would be happy with is a weatherproof Go-Find 705 Gold Pack with wireless earbuds.

But we will just have to wait and see what comes along.

rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Minelab - "Go Fathoms" - "Go Flops" - "White
> Elephant"
>
>
> Whats your guys take on that fathom flop white
> elephant? - winking smiley

HH
Johnb
August 15, 2016 06:28AM
A Sovereign GT On Crack with Deus/Racer Recovery with manual GB Auto GB And Grab, Lift the frequency so it can see small Gold to around 14-15khz plus the other 26 frequencies and make it use Concentrics and DD's, with a 5 and 10x Boost switch,

I am a Man with Simple Taste's, And I want Des and Keith in the Driving Seat at the Start, middle and End of the designing before it Gets in to production And I want It Right,

NOW Show Me The Power. hot smiley hot smiley

John.
August 15, 2016 08:26PM
Keith...... why, if they did away with the Sov and the only machine now using BBS is the Xcal would they go back to it over FBS? Makes more sense to change everything over to FBS and use available parts as a cost savings. I personally like the 1.5 increments over random channels.

Dew
August 15, 2016 11:30PM
FBS 2 is the way to go. Just like the CTX. It has recovery speed that BBS can't touch.