Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What tool for large gold cache in western USA high desert rocks

Posted by agaucufe 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What tool for large gold cache in western USA high desert rocks
August 15, 2016 11:23PM
If you had 1 shot at a gold hoard. What tool? High mineral. Big rocks. Gpx? Atx? No pi experience. 3 weeks to learn.
Re: What tool for large gold cache in western USA high desert rocks
August 15, 2016 11:27PM
Hoard? Two box for me.
August 16, 2016 02:22AM
Are they p.i.? Need easy to pack. One trip use. Quick learning curve. Which 2 box? Any suggestions on non-2 box?
August 16, 2016 02:32AM
You need to clarify what you mean by "big rocks" which out here could easily be the size of volkswagons which you are detecting under and around. Two box is more suitable for semi flat and rolling hill type terrain. I would find the best PI detector I could lay my hands on with some small coils to get in and around things.

Fenn's hoard is a hoax BTW.
August 16, 2016 03:31AM
Not Fenns. Not my trip. Rocks are basketball to 36". Thanks for advice. I was thinking the folks could learn the basics on the ML PI & hope for the best. Agree on the 2 box tough to maneuver, tough to pack.
August 16, 2016 12:41PM
agaucufe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not Fenns. Not my trip. Rocks are basketball to
> 36". Thanks for advice. I was thinking the folks
> could learn the basics on the ML PI & hope for
> the best. Agree on the 2 box tough to maneuver,
> tough to pack.

If they are Basalt Rocks you would be better off with one of the TDI's, because you can make them Vanish by upping the Delay from 10 to about 12 and they are Gone, and on big items they are deep. But if the Ground is not very mineralized you could use a VLF like the MXT with either the 12" or 15" Coil, But if the gold is Natural and still in the Ground then there is a good chance that it is highly mineralized ground.

But if you are looking for Something that someone has buried then you have many Choices,

John.
August 16, 2016 02:11PM
Understand. Thanks.