Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Harold ....

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Harold ....
August 16, 2016 03:41PM
Talked to a gent yesterday,, he is going to lend me a Naughty 2ba I think, with all the coils to play with.

Gent actually has 2 complete unit setups.

I may need to pick your brain a little in the future.

Who knows I may actually wind up with the unit.
Re: Harold ....
August 16, 2016 04:14PM
Yes it would be interesting to see how it doe's in your ground compared to the others. I got to ask is your ground hot? As heard it isn't good in that Ole' Hot ground.
Mine isn't so works good for Me. Keith also has alot of time with Nauty's along with Shenandoah digger and Deadlift. Be good to see how in particular it compared to your Blisstool as Heard they were deep. Guy on YouTube did a test comparing the 2, But He was a dealer so think He was a little biased.
August 16, 2016 04:21PM
Yes,,it would be good to compare.

I will also be looking real close at the small coil performance when it comes to depth.

My detector proving grounds,,,adjacent to the areas loaded with iron and nails,,,a good place to run some.

Got to be some good finds there deep,,,that even I can even maybe get to.

Unit if I purchase,,,will go well as a classic with my XS Explorer.

Now if this happens,,maybe a CZ is next..

And then maybe a Troy shadow X-5

Might just work up a respectable collection of some of the oldies but goodies.

And then when I get too old to detect,,,at least I will have something to talk about..lol
August 16, 2016 04:29PM
If I remember they are hard to ground balance...but they can have you digging deep holes

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 16, 2016 04:32PM
Those are all good units for sure. Had a Troy X-5 but didn't keep it long. It was built well,light weight and deep , But I just never bonded with it like The Nauty. Maybe as it was a single tone even though it had great Modulated audio. If Troy could have some how gave it CZ type tone I.D. it would have sold like Hot cakes!
August 16, 2016 04:41PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I remember they are hard to ground
> balance...but they can have you digging deep holes

The IIBa is more user friendly as the Loop balance is automatic you just push a button with coil in the air.
Then you do a regular manuel ground balance like any detector. The IIB takes more time as you have to adjust with 2 knobs in front of detector. But once you do it a few times no big deal. To be honest most prefer the IIB for adjustability. But I like a set it forget it type detector.
August 16, 2016 06:00PM
Luckily your getting an a model for learning on..

The manual one is confusing especially to a new user and takes to having to tweak it for the first few minutes of running using the R and C controls to tune coil to box...plus the manual model gives sensitivity controls for the disc channel and all metal channel

the 'a' Model your using will have auto coil tune ..N R and C controls and also will not have the sens control for each channel there preset internally...

I like the manual ones though so I can tell when the coils are getting bad..and I can crank up the power when i need too!!

on the a model there already out when you finally know..

dug a lot of DEEP relics with a 2b in South Carolina..I mean deep..

In this hill country soil it will blow back a lot on you and I will let you figure out what i mean by that..LOL....confused smiley

The disc on the Nautilus don't quite go low enough to Dissect in iron but its doable...

The main thing in iron is it will drive you bonkers on all metal side..that's another reason i like the manual model I can also have full control of the power modes on the disc and all metal channel so I can turn the sens to zero/off on the all metal channel for iron working...you can turn your headphone control down on that side on the 'a' model...

If you get a lot of pinging while running it the coil needs a re balance...coil is very temperamental to temp changes..even sunlight to shade hunting..

There's a lot to deem from the all metal and disc in unison reports..especially conductance wise..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 16, 2016 08:41PM
From what I have heard over the years a favorite for years by Southern hunters and understand they have bad ground...never owned or used one myself but talking to the deceasd owner years ago sort of implied had to be factory set depending on your area...