Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stoopstroop..........

Posted by TerraDigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Stoopstroop..........
January 30, 2011 12:46AM
I edited this. Not because of remorse or a moderator's wishes. The original post I still consider valid. It was removed out of respect to Tom D's forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:05PM by TerraDigger.
And 19 days of asking questions, ragging, and complaining is better?
January 30, 2011 01:06AM
January 30, 2011 01:10AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:20PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Brad......call me dense.....
January 30, 2011 01:40AM
I would never call you a name. I was pointing out that in the 19 days that you've been over here, a lot of your posts have been just what I said and I questioned if you think that is better than what you're calling someone else out over. It's a hobby, and it's safe to say I'm as passionate about it as the next guy but it's not something to get upset about all the time unless one wants to detract from the fun of it all. I'm pretty sure I've seen Tom mention about no personal attacks here either, so it's really not literally a free for all of speech. I think it is up to Tom and his Admin to decide if someone is promoting a business and whether they're OK with that or not. Take a breath.
January 30, 2011 01:57AM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:21PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Brad...
January 30, 2011 02:08AM
Nor I with you......I think ultimately, one needs to assess whether their "stands" have really made a difference or just made them feel better as they alienated other folks and then decide "was it worth it?". Trust me, I've been there and done that.
Buckeye.......
January 30, 2011 02:15AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:21PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Feel better..........????
January 30, 2011 02:22AM
But speaking out CAN be about that at times. Good Luck and I'm out.
Re: Feel better..........????
January 30, 2011 02:41AM
Terradigger,

Being the "professional" that you are, I would have thought you would have contacted me in person. I will not respond to any further pubic posts from you on this matter. Unless of course your in the market for a new machine! ha ha
January 30, 2011 02:48AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:18PM by TerraDigger.
January 30, 2011 04:12AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:18PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Stoopstroop..........
January 30, 2011 05:03AM
gotta say i agree! seems like stoopstroop is just trying to drum up business. i could say more but.......
January 30, 2011 05:52AM
The two important things I look for in a dealer are service and price. From what I can tell, Bart Davis is doing well on both those fronts.

While I want someone I buy a detector from to be competent, they don't have to be a detecting expert. I'm not buying detecting lessons.

I agree with you Terra - it's blatantly obvious that many of Bart's posts are self-serving to his business of selling First Texas product. But I don't see why you're getting so worked up about it.

The Findmall forums are advertiser-sponsored and Mr. Davis is paying to advertise there.

Competition benefits the consumer, and as one of those detector consumers I'm glad to see him on the forums.
January 30, 2011 05:56AM
This thread delivers =-)
January 30, 2011 06:03AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 10:19PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Terra
January 30, 2011 07:30AM
There are many dealers who have gotten into the business as a labor of love - because they were passionate about detecting and wanted to make a buck from the hobby they enjoy.

But it's not realistic to underestimate the importance of making that buck. A dealer that loses money isn't a dealer for long.

Hopefully all my future purchases are "golden" as you say, and I wish you the same.
January 30, 2011 09:36AM
Bart's price on the LTD is the lowest I've seen so far. Maybe you don't like his tactics on getting his name out there, but the guy is just trying to run his business and offer a good price to the consumer.
January 30, 2011 02:33PM
Whoa!...Heavy Hit!...Terra, You have to just overlook people that aggravate you..I visit a few forums and a few posters really get under my skin also..The guy that was looking for a book on treasure stories then at the end of his post puts" I DO use the Etrac".(Like He's someone special because of it!?)..Or the guy that bought and uses an Ace 250 and tells everyone that they dont need ANY other detector, even though its the only one he's ever owned/used..Some Etrac users seem to automaticly become authorities/experts shortly after their purchase.(Wannabe Elite-Syndrome?).."Brand-Loyalty" types really aggravate me also!..Someone that purchases an F75 and after a week says it so noisy that its junk and they cant use it.(Cuz they dont know how). Or you need a college education to run a Whites V3i. Bashing it because they cant understand/comprehend it.....The list/examples goes on and on...Bottom-line, some people at some time are going to eventually get under your skin on the forums...Chill!....Be the better man,let it go and move on...No need for this....Your negativity can make you look bad.(been there myself)..Ignore those you dont care for and enjoy all the other info...........I'm ignored by plenty!....
January 30, 2011 04:38PM
Great advice "M"!
January 30, 2011 05:05PM
I like this forum because it doesn't have the nit-picking against the posters. I truly hope it will stop soon or that Tom will step up an squish it before it gets nasty. This is Tom's site and your are a guest... you don't own the right to tear people down. The attitude that you have "freedom of speech" so you can tear people down isn't so. That is why the other forums shut down posts and edit people out of their membership, to prevent an unhealthy site. I don't care if the man promotes his business... that is Tom's call to make, not yours! Personally, I feel if you can't say something positive to help others or promote the hobby we all love, then you shouldn't say anything. That's all I'm going to say as I won't be sucked into the gripe session.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
January 30, 2011 06:25PM
I don't think Tom wants to or has time to be a "policeman". In my opinion Tom is a humble layed back kinda guy and will probably let things play/fizzle out.

I actually get a chuckle when I read stoopstroops' comments, and how he mixes his comments with his advertising, kudos to you Bart. I/we don't have to read his advertisments as we don't have to read the ads at the top of the forum, our choice. Maybe when Big Boys Hobbies gets bigger we will see his ads at the top. I for one hope he does well and his business grows. We also get the opportunity to do business with Bart, and he may serve us well. He may also have got permission from Tom to put his company name below his post, that's Toms call.

We do have freedom of speech,.... It would be nice if it stays gentelmen like, respectfull and civil.
Re: Terra
January 30, 2011 06:48PM
I have seen guys on other forums slammed for not identifying themselves as dealers. If the owner of the forum has no problem with a dealer making posts I don't either. It is all about the hobby to me. I look at the forums to learn about detecting. There are many posts I just have no interest in. I just skip them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 06:49PM by goodmore.
January 31, 2011 12:42AM
Glad you changed it Terra-
I just registered and was surprised to see another member attacked in such a way on Toms forum.
I hope I am not welcomed or belittled in such a manner since I am pro ftp and new to this forum even though I have followed it for many years . I hope none of my concerns are perceived as 'phoney' or my attempts to help or to promote and sell are perceived as me trying to make a buck because of my writing skills or others interpretations of them, even if that is the case smiling smiley ....
I think Tom runs an excellant site and he is the one that should decide whom and what posts are welcome on his forum.... I apologize in advance if I misspell any words or dont reply fast enough for some because I am very busy.
Your original post is an excellant example of why some people with lots or even little to offer are fearful to ever post which hurts us all

Dig deep,

Mike @ FTP
January 31, 2011 01:16AM
Good to see you on the forum Mike.

LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 31, 2011 03:26AM
Mike,

You are a very 'welcomed addition' to this forum.....and I doubt you will have any problems here. Some feathers do get 'ruffled' here once-in-a-while.....and ...... as long as it is genuine/constructive, I can only encourage it. Sounds counter-productive; yet, a paradox exists. It is a 'hidden' attribute/positive. Also, if folks know they have direct input/connect to FTP, it will most certainly generate a bit more 'warm fuzzys' towards FTP. What I DON'T want ....(and will police)..... is a unproductive 'gripe/shots-fired' free-for-all towards FTP... forum...(or any other Mfr...for that matter)......as have witnessed on other www sites.

I think folks will (now) begin to realize the 'professional impact' of this forum.......and, if only to convey/articulate the deep impact of our written word.... for the advancement (both technologically and historically) of the detecting community. To launch to new plateau's......is to direct our future and destiny........with a higher order-of-magnitude rapidity.....by no accident. (My day-time job is bleeding over).

Don Parks is to old FRL.......as Mike Scott is to new FTP.

Mike, I shall task you with: confidentiality disclosure release......as you deem 'accordingly timed'.......in such a fashion so as NOT to compromise. I have been bighting my tongue to a 'tenderized' lump of meat.....and am in need of relief.

Tom
January 31, 2011 07:38AM
Tom, sometimes it takes multiple readings for my comparitively pea-sized brain to comprehend engineering-speak.

And the more I read that fourth paragraph, the more potentially exciting it becomes...as we move deeper into Fisher's 80th aniversary year.

Likewise, I want to welcome Mike Scott to this forum and look forward to his posts. I know Mike is a skilled dirt fisher in addition to his official capacity at First Texas, and I've seen Mike generate many positive resolutions for FT customers.
February 01, 2011 12:46AM
Come on Mike, save Tom's tongue. You have been tasked! Disclosure is good for the sole. HH jim tn
February 01, 2011 01:11AM
Thanks Tom-I will help and answer what I can but not all questions can or will be answered directly.

Mike
February 01, 2011 01:42AM
marcomo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom, sometimes it takes multiple readings for my
> comparitively pea-sized brain to comprehend
> engineering-speak.
>
> And the more I read that fourth paragraph, the
> more potentially exciting it becomes...as we move
> deeper into Fisher's 80th aniversary year.
>
> Likewise, I want to welcome Mike Scott to this
> forum and look forward to his posts. I know Mike
> is a skilled dirt fisher in addition to his
> official capacity at First Texas, and I've seen
> Mike generate many positive resolutions for FT
> customers.

what he said!!