Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Teeney Foot?

Posted by MeNstick 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Teeney Foot?
June 01, 2008 04:28AM
Hey Tom, I've been noodling in the trash with this teeney foot coil and I ran across a nice signal (DE,Sen80,N1,D4,GB65) with the sensitivity up high. This usually results in a spread of TID numbers that commit to the higher numbers (78-92) but will fluctuate back and forth (similar to the explorer right left scenario). The numbers stay consistant and I'll get a faint deep reading (as in your test garden portion of your DVD) at 90 degrees. What is to happen next is beyond belief. I pull a plug of about 10" around and about four inches deep (do this when I know I'm getting a reading of 10" or so). I go in with the FX-1 and it says it's in the top right corner (thinking iron falsing right away) and dig a few more inches (3"). Pull the dirt out, and in goes the FX-1. Still getting a nice silver read and I dig a few more inches (3"). Out pop's a clump of dirt with a "sliver of a white disk" showing. Sure enough a nice rosie dated 1955 (with no hint of any other target in the area). This is all and great but was this even physically possible (with this coil) or was it a fluke? Did having the F75 pumped up and running in mild ground conditions give up the ellusive silver (this area's been pounded more than local, well you know what I mean). Or was it my lucky day? I would dismis it as luck, but the signal was so good, it was so hard to pass up. HH RickyD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2008 04:42AM by MeNstick.
Re: The Teeney Foot?
June 01, 2008 11:43PM
Sounds to me like the Ag dime was on edge. On-edge targets will NOT pinpoint properly. ( I believe I demo'd & explained this in the DVD or the older VHS tape ). ------ And if you switch coils, you may want to re-read "Head-to-Head Comparison Testing"...... as ALL rules/concepts apply.

Tom
June 02, 2008 12:49AM
Didn't think of the coin being tilted/onedge. Would have made considerable difference at that depth. As for the fact I found the second silver coin in this area in two days, I'll have to say the little coil kicked ass, and brought home the money. Thanks, Rick

Here's a nice token from Golden Gate Park/SF

June 02, 2008 01:08AM
Looks nice. I'd probably clean it CAREFULLY in Lime-Away. CAREFULLY.
Kas
June 02, 2008 11:01AM
The DVD showed the reaction of a dime on edge. A double signal as the detector saw both sides of the target as the coil past. Pin-points in two spots, ie both sides of the coin. Dig in the middle of both pin-pionting spots, as Tom showed.

Very helpfull to know.

Ken
June 05, 2008 01:18PM
As for the pinpointing, I wasn't too amazed at it being off, what I was looking for is a physics answer to the small coil to depth of coin scenario. As Tom pointed out in his article, anything can happen in the real world, so expect the unexpected! Just amazed me to pull a silver out at that depth, and do it with such a small coil. HH RickyD

P.S. one of the guys has read a coin at 21" with the FX-1 probe in an air test (sensitivity maxed). "Anything can happen"
June 05, 2008 11:01PM
Hmmmmmmmmm