Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New XP info !!

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New XP info !!
September 16, 2016 01:36PM
Re: New XP info !!
September 16, 2016 01:52PM
no hodograpgh so disapointed ,so going for the AKA machine now
September 16, 2016 02:20PM
XP are going to Rock the Detecting world with this lot of new frequency coils @ 15khz 30khz and 55khs

Good for them.

John
September 16, 2016 02:20PM
I dont like the sound of the new battery in the new coils been mounted in the lower stem that sounds like it will give trouble if the connection gets broke to the coil.
September 16, 2016 06:03PM
diggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no hodograpgh so disapointed ,so going for the AKA
> machine now

Whats a hodograph?
September 16, 2016 06:43PM
Testing in November. It will be Spring until you can by the new equipment.
September 16, 2016 08:23PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> XP are going to Rock the Detecting world with this
> lot of new frequency coils @ 15khz 30khz and
> 55khs
>
> Good for them.
>
> John

I doubt it's going to be anything as dramatic as that statement-----but----we shall see!
September 16, 2016 09:13PM
Very weak pre-announcement all in all.
Pinpointer can be heard in headphones but not with the same tones , which was what everyone wanted. 50 levels of sensitivity in a pinppointer , for what?
No hardware until 2017 probably at the earliest,,,,I suspect they will determine production quantities off of pre-order demand.
What will be the cost of the coil with its bigger battery in the shaft?
Software update sounds milquetoast at best.
September 16, 2016 09:55PM
Spring release shouldn't be too bad, since a majority of users will be ice bound within a couple/few months.

Am prepared for major sticker shock with the pinpointer, only gadget fiends and those with $$ to burn are going to spend $250+ on something like that.
September 16, 2016 11:50PM
So an added reactivity 2.5 setting.

And reactivity level 3 more efficient.....What does that mean??? Deeper?? Separates better???

Better mineral rejection. What does that mean??? Deeper in mineral?? Quieter in mineral??

And if reactivity 3 is more efficient,,what about level 4 setting???

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
September 17, 2016 04:55AM
It may be a stupid question but will the new coils only operate on the three higher frequencies or will they operate on the old frequencies as well as the new?
September 17, 2016 05:26AM
Any word on how these two units are coming along (MOSCA, CZX)
September 17, 2016 11:24AM
The new coils will operate at the three new frequencies only. Great for nugget hunting. Not great for coin hunting. The 15kHz will work fine for coins, but I seriously doubt that it will offer any new advantage. Especially when you factor in the price of the new coil. The other two frequencies will pick up micro targets that will drive a coin hunter insane. I was hearing all along that this update was geared more for the gold hunter. For once rumors were correct. When I did have a Deus I always liked to finish a hunt in Deus fast. A very well designed stock program. If they enhanced reactivity 3 the Deus is about to get better. Also the large iron ID sounds good. The best of it in my opinion is the updated tracking. The Deus never did track well. I noticed the Deus would become noisier the longer I hunted. I would start with a quiet machine and some time later I could make the machine false just by shaking the coil or bumping it on a rock. A reset of the tracking would make it go away. I never really tested the tracking drift against targets, but I would imagine the Deus lost some depth with the drift.
September 17, 2016 02:06PM
s a relic hunter, the new features sound interesting. However, the enhancements to me may not be worth the cost. Will be interested in seeing how these new coils handle highly mineralized ground. I have witnessed high end VLF machines choke in that red dirt in VA (specifically Culpeper, VA).
September 17, 2016 02:35PM
The new coil are mainly aimed at the folks who gold nugget detect due too the higher freq's also the fact that the coils are in White would back that theory up,as white is mainly used so that the extreme heat does not make the coils dont drift out of spec,that is why most coils that are used in hot climate are usually white.

Most general detectors are usually in the 6khz-18khz which the current Deus covers,so XP are trying too capture the gold nugget hunter market,and they could well succeed especially for the occasional gold hunter,i dont think its aimed at the high end dedicated gold hunting market but of course time will tell,but PI machines will still be the preferred weapon of choice as most gold is found in highly mineralized ground conditions.

The version 4 software would work in the US and European markets and not 100% sure if the latest 4 software is backward compatible with the current coils that are available,gut feeling tells me yest but only on the current freq's and all the new features 'should' work as well,of course i stand to be corrected as all the latest information about the new products are not crystal clear,but i also think the biggest winner out of the latest news will be the new wireless pin pointer,as that as far as i can grasp will operate with version 4 with both the current low freq coils and also the newer high freq.

Must admit i am tempted to get a new probe as it is a game changer in a way,but one of my detecting buying criteria's is that i dont buy any new detector or equipment for 12 months after launch date as this usually gives enough time duration too highlight any software or hardware bugs that possible may appear,the MX-S fiasco of course just backs up my buying criteria,i am not saying everyone should do it but its saved me a fair amount of money over the years.

Time will of course tell how good these new updates and hardware are,as yet folks are still looking over the new features at the rally in Oxfordshire,over the coming weeks and months we will start seeing if all the latest news will be a hit or a miss in the detecting arena.Of course these are just my personal opinions.
September 17, 2016 03:23PM
takes me off the hook with regard to a purchase....so good for me....in a financial sense...
certainly some nice new sw/hw for the 'tiny gold' seekers....

maybe the pinpointer SW is upgradable 'over the air'?

surprised how long the sw/hw release is taking. seems to imply XP's sales are just fine
without having to push new hw out to generate more revenue.....
September 17, 2016 06:25PM
So after all the waiting on the "secret" upgrade, still no small coil for the Dues XP?
September 17, 2016 06:43PM
No small coil....eye rolling smiley and from what I read the Pinpointer can not discriminate??

Just as easy to just grab ANY handheld..maybe I'm missing something in the features..

A 2.5 reactivity...is it a 2.0 Version reactivity or a 3.2 Version type reactivity they changed it around on those to make 3 the go to over 2 setting of Version 2.0..SO if they left all alone 2.5 may be just the ticket..but not a real deal breaker..

One thing I see on the DEUS from version 1.0 to 3.2 is the DNA never changes..the new version are just tweaks....makes one wonder if they had just given us the ability to TWEAK things out like on a XLT if we could not of had all the updated version's to date upon initial release??

UPDATES.....One way to keep from becoming stagnant............ ON THE CHEAP ....on both ends.. winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 17, 2016 11:14PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> The new coil are mainly aimed at the folks who
> gold nugget detect due too the higher freq's also
> the fact that the coils are in White would back
> that theory up,as white is mainly used so that the
> extreme heat does not make the coils dont drift
> out of spec,that is why most coils that are used
> in hot climate are usually white.
>
> Most general detectors are usually in the
> 6khz-18khz which the current Deus covers,so XP are
> trying too capture the gold nugget hunter
> market,and they could well succeed especially for
> the occasional gold hunter,i dont think its aimed
> at the high end dedicated gold hunting market but
> of course time will tell,but PI machines will
> still be the preferred weapon of choice as most
> gold is found in highly mineralized ground
> conditions.
>
> The version 4 software would work in the US and
> European markets and not 100% sure if the latest 4
> software is backward compatible with the current
> coils that are available,gut feeling tells me yest
> but only on the current freq's and all the new
> features 'should' work as well,of course i stand
> to be corrected as all the latest information
> about the new products are not crystal clear,but i
> also think the biggest winner out of the latest
> news will be the new wireless pin pointer,as that
> as far as i can grasp will operate with version 4
> with both the current low freq coils and also the
> newer high freq.
>
> Must admit i am tempted to get a new probe as it
> is a game changer in a way,but one of my detecting
> buying criteria's is that i dont buy any new
> detector or equipment for 12 months after launch
> date as this usually gives enough time duration
> too highlight any software or hardware bugs that
> possible may appear,the MX-S fiasco of course just
> backs up my buying criteria,i am not saying
> everyone should do it but its saved me a fair
> amount of money over the years.
>
> Time will of course tell how good these new
> updates and hardware are,as yet folks are still
> looking over the new features at the rally in
> Oxfordshire,over the coming weeks and months we
> will start seeing if all the latest news will be a
> hit or a miss in the detecting arena.Of course
> these are just my personal opinions.

Can you tell us why you think the new probe is a game changer ? i dont think it offers anything ground breaking from what i hear it does not even give you the same tones as the Deus the Sunray probes have had this feature for years i was expecting it from XP.
September 18, 2016 04:11PM
Lets see what the impact may offer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 18, 2016 04:37PM
I am really starting to dislike the direction that XP is going in, At first it seemed to be a nice light weight hot version of the Gold Maxx Power, But adding a pin pointer in to the mix of the Deus Appears to be making the detector in to a cell phone type setup,

A detector should look and act like a detector and I have just lost what ever respect I did have for the Deus. Whats V5 gonna have a GPS with a MAP to all the Gay Bars in Paris and a street directory Lol.. grinning smileygrinning smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2016 04:46PM by auminesweeper.
September 18, 2016 05:23PM
Cell phones....considering they run $700-1000 these days for the latest ones, well people have been spoiled by such technology and it ain't gonna slow down any time soon. I personally can't wait for detector technology to catch up to what we have now in cell phones. But at the pace they are moving with detectors, I will be dead and gone before they reach the level in which cell phones are currently at in the year 2016. My 6 year old phone just died this weekend and I went by the cell phone carrier to look at replacements. I was speechless due to sticker shock of the newest offerings by Apple and Samsung. Of course, they couldn't believe I still had a 6 year old phone and was way past due my "upgrade", and with this and that, I was able to get a Galaxy S7 for nearly nothing. But the thing is...people were coming in there buying them outright for $700 just so they could have the latest phone. That's not my style but then again, this latest generation live on the stupid things.
September 18, 2016 05:42PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Cell phones....considering they run $700-1000
> these days for the latest ones, well people have
> been spoiled by such technology and it ain't gonna
> slow down any time soon. I personally can't wait
> for detector technology to catch up to what we
> have now in cell phones. But at the pace they are
> moving with detectors, I will be dead and gone
> before they reach the level in which cell phones
> are currently at in the year 2016. My 6 year old
> phone just died this weekend and I went by the
> cell phone carrier to look at replacements. I was
> speechless due to sticker shock of the newest
> offerings by Apple and Samsung. Of course, they
> couldn't believe I still had a 6 year old phone
> and was way past due my "upgrade", and with this
> and that, I was able to get a Galaxy S7 for nearly
> nothing. But the thing is...people were coming in
> there buying them outright for $700 just so they
> could have the latest phone. That's not my style
> but then again, this latest generation live on the
> stupid things.
Yeah Daniel they are crazy prices, I won't pay that for a fashion toy, In 6 weeks time they will be marketing the next latest thing, So I am kind of glad detectors don't move so fast because at leased we get to enjoy them,

I thought they recalled all the Note 7's because of the fire issue's ?

john.
September 18, 2016 06:25PM
There's a whole bunch of diff models of them. Regular S7, S7 Edge, S7 Note, etc. I got the regular S7 and still haven't figured out the layout of the thing. The one thing I do like about it is that it is water resistant without a case. That's a plus, and the camera is super nice. I had begun using the other video camera in my S4 (the one that just died) and was really liking the clarity of it for metal detecting stuff. Now this one does 10x as much stuff as it and looks fantastic.

I'm glad things don't move as fast either...but I admit, it would be pretty neat to have a feature for metal detectors like an APP store where you could download programs/emulators for the detector to make it respond in different ways. Just spitballing...but maybe download an emulator for say....the MXT if you were relic hunting and then download a Gold Bug II emulator if you were wanting to go prospecting for a little bit. Or if you were at the beach, download the Sovereign emulator.
September 18, 2016 06:45PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> There's a whole bunch of diff models of them.
> Regular S7, S7 Edge, S7 Note, etc. I got the
> regular S7 and still haven't figured out the
> layout of the thing. The one thing I do like
> about it is that it is water resistant without a
> case. That's a plus, and the camera is super nice.
> I had begun using the other video camera in my S4
> (the one that just died) and was really liking the
> clarity of it for metal detecting stuff. Now this
> one does 10x as much stuff as it and looks
> fantastic.
>
> I'm glad things don't move as fast either...but I
> admit, it would be pretty neat to have a feature
> for metal detectors like an APP store where you
> could download programs/emulators for the detector
> to make it respond in different ways. Just
> spitballing...but maybe download an emulator for
> say....the MXT if you were relic hunting and then
> download a Gold Bug II emulator if you were
> wanting to go prospecting for a little bit. Or if
> you were at the beach, download the Sovereign
> emulator.

I'm still using the Note 1 ( GT-7000N ), mind you I got the mutha of all batteries on it, It's a 5200 mah and it will run the internet for about 10 to 14 hours for when I need to tether my PC to it when I am out in the bush.
September 18, 2016 07:31PM
You just said on Sept. 16th---"XP is going to rock the detecting world"!------Two days later---now they're no good??????auminesweeper Wrote:
> I am really starting to dislike the direction that
> XP is going in, At first it seemed to be a nice
> light weight hot version of the Gold Maxx Power,
> But adding a pin pointer in to the mix of the Deus
> Appears to be making the detector in to a cell
> phone type setup,
>
> A detector should look and act like a detector and
> I have just lost what ever respect I did have for
> the Deus. Whats V5 gonna have a GPS with a MAP to
> all the Gay Bars in Paris and a street directory
> Lol.. grinning smileygrinning smiley.
September 18, 2016 07:39PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> You just said on Sept. 16th---"XP is going to rock
> the detecting world"!------Two days later---now
> they're no good??????auminesweeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am really starting to dislike the direction
> that
> > XP is going in, At first it seemed to be a nice
> > light weight hot version of the Gold Maxx
> Power,
> > But adding a pin pointer in to the mix of the
> Deus
> > Appears to be making the detector in to a cell
> > phone type setup,
> >
> > A detector should look and act like a detector
> and
> > I have just lost what ever respect I did have
> for
> > the Deus. Whats V5 gonna have a GPS with a MAP
> to
> > all the Gay Bars in Paris and a street
> directory
> > Lol.. grinning smileygrinning smiley.

I don't think I said it was no Good, I said I did not like where it was going, They have always been good at their given job.
September 18, 2016 08:06PM
So let me get this right. The dues is going in the wrong direction because they added a pin pointer and a new coil to the arsenal? In that case all the other detector company's have been going in the wrong direction for years also. I personally don't need the pin pointer or the higher frequency coil but the tweaks in the new update for better iron ID and better performance in high mineralization I can use.
September 18, 2016 08:16PM
Mike G. Wrote:
> So let me get this right. The dues is going in the
> wrong direction because they added a pin pointer
> and a new coil to the arsenal? In that case all
> the other detector company's have been going in
> the wrong direction for years also. I personally
> don't need the pin pointer or the higher frequency
> coil but the tweaks in the new update for better
> iron ID and better performance in high
> mineralization I can use.

If you like it , Fine, I would not pay 1 cent for it, It's nothing more than an Ipod on a stick and it audio sounds are crap and Raspy. And for Only half of a detector it is extremely over priced..

I did not say they were no good, but they just don't impress me and all their past machines had odd little quirks when it came to setting them up and this one is just the same,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2016 09:11PM by auminesweeper.
September 18, 2016 11:10PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Mike G. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So let me get this right. The dues is going in
> the
> > wrong direction because they added a pin
> pointer
> > and a new coil to the arsenal? In that case all
> > the other detector company's have been going in
> > the wrong direction for years also. I
> personally
> > don't need the pin pointer or the higher
> frequency
> > coil but the tweaks in the new update for
> better
> > iron ID and better performance in high
> > mineralization I can use.
>
> If you like it , Fine, I would not pay 1 cent for
> it, It's nothing more than an Ipod on a stick and
> it audio sounds are crap and Raspy. And for Only
> half of a detector it is extremely over priced..
>
> I did not say they were no good, but they just
> don't impress me and all their past machines had
> odd little quirks when it came to setting them up
> and this one is just the same,

It seems everyone is passing judgement without ever using or even seeing one.