Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD Boost Process

Posted by ngrelic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD Boost Process
February 02, 2011 08:24PM
I asked this question in a thread at FM and didn't get a clear answer........Is the bp active in the motion all metal mode or in disc mode only? Thanks in advance.

Barry
Re: F75 LTD Boost Process
February 02, 2011 09:02PM
Jim Tn answered your question.

Boost is under the discrimination side of the machine.
All metal and Stat all settings in the All metal side of the machine.

So no, Boost or BP cannot be accessed in any all metal setting. Only in discrimination modes.

Hope this helps,
Bart

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 09:04PM by Stoopstroop.
February 02, 2011 09:36PM
It does state in the manual that when BP is selected the response characteristics of the motion all metal mode are modified.
Look on page 22 and 23 where it describes the different processes.

Tommy C.
(southernexplorer)
Deus - Etrac - GPX 5000
February 02, 2011 10:56PM
Tommy, I read that in the manual and that's what confused me. Thanks for your response.

Bart, Both you and Jim Tn (and I do appreciate his response) seem to misunderstand my question. I realize you cannot access bp on the all metal side. I guess I should have asked, does boost process carry over to the all metal mode, like manual ground balance carries over to the disc side even though it is on the all metal side of the display? Does that make more sense?

Thanks Guys,
Barry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 11:01PM by ngrelic.
February 02, 2011 10:59PM
Weird, I read that too but it doesn't make much sense. I thought discrimination mode and All metal mode were completely independent of each other. Maybe Tom will chime in and clear it up for us. If I could get outside to play with it I would. We are snowed in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 11:01PM by Stoopstroop.
February 02, 2011 11:15PM
Bart, I just tried motion all metal with bp selected and compared it to motion all metal with de selected (air test with .69 musket ball). Motion all metal with bp gave a better and stronger signal with a couple of more inches "air depth". That leads me to think that the process selected is active in all metal......of course I could be imagining this as I am new to the F75 LTD.
February 02, 2011 11:44PM
Yes......when you select 'bp' mode on the Discrimination side of the house.......then switch over to all-metal mode.....it does indeed follow over.
February 02, 2011 11:58PM
Thank you Tom, and thanks to all that responded to my question.

Glad I joined this forum.

Barry