Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bill and I pull lead from a river. Need help identifying some lead. smiling smiley

Posted by khouse 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bill and I pull lead from a river. Need help identifying some lead. smiling smiley
September 29, 2016 01:12AM
Re: Bill and I pull lead from a river. Need help identifying some lead. smiling smiley
September 29, 2016 02:10AM
Post pictures of what you need identified. I'm not going to invest 24 minutes to figure out what you need.
Re: Bill and I pull lead from a river. Need help identifying some lead. smiling smiley
September 29, 2016 02:36AM
In a Van down by the river!
September 29, 2016 03:00AM
Most Round bullets are common 69Cal the few other with two/three rings with space a called "William Cleaners' I think most small lead bullets are called Buck and Ball. Each 69Cal Round Ball had 3 buck ball in same package. Looks like your on good site. Hint, when your warter hunt for Relics dig ever thing that does read Iron [ All Plus Numbers. You can miss small brass button other brass relic buy digging high VID number on any machine/ I hope info helps Steve
September 29, 2016 08:35AM
OK. We can post some stills of the lead in question. I started relic hunting 3 years ago and there's a tone to learn about identifying relics. We dug everything except iron and hit very little trash. I didn't measure the larger round ball but they looked smaller than 69 cal? I'll take my caliper next time. Thanks for the info.
relicstevemd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most Round bullets are common 69Cal the few other
> with two/three rings with space a called "William
> Cleaners' I think most small lead bullets are
> called Buck and Ball. Each 69Cal Round Ball had 3
> buck ball in same package. Looks like your on
> good site. Hint, when your warter hunt for Relics
> dig ever thing that does read Iron [ All Plus
> Numbers. You can miss small brass button other
> brass relic buy digging high VID number on any
> machine/ I hope info helps Steve

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
September 29, 2016 08:41AM
If you skip to the last 4 minutes you can see most of the bullets. But we will try to post some stills.
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Post pictures of what you need identified. I'm not
> going to invest 24 minutes to figure out what you
> need.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
September 29, 2016 12:27PM
I believe the one that had the rings with the flat base is a modern muzzle loader bullet it may be a Buffalo bullet I think that's the name of the maker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 12:29PM by 88junior.
September 30, 2016 03:16AM
Too bad a guy can't post pics on this forum in the usual way.sad smiley

Dean
September 30, 2016 12:48PM
so Kenny and Bill did you guys give up on the MXSport? i see you using the AT Pro.
October 01, 2016 12:32AM
We've both had several ATpros since they came out. I think I'm on my 6th one? You can see I was testing out a Whites Surf II machine and it worked fine. We both have had and used the MXS as well. I had an early one and what was supposed to be the latest model months later. I just didn't like the audio especially modulation among other issues. I can't speak for Bill on this but I know his is gone as well. So we are both back with the solid performing ATpro's. Yes, I wish the TID was bigger and I wish the STD mode was an Expert mode that had a backlight and tone options. I would love to see the 5 digit notches gone and give us full control with each number. But for the price, weight and performance we think it just can't be beat right now. We lover running Pro/zero with these machines. I think it sets them free.....

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]