Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detector greound balancing

Posted by Texasdirtdauber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detector greound balancing
February 04, 2011 05:41PM
Tom, in my area and soil, we have what has been described as a soil with a high loss angle to detectors (high electrical conductivity). Can u further explain this in plain english?

Tex DD
Re: Detector greound balancing
February 04, 2011 10:28PM
In plain English????? Not possible! ((( Kidding )))

Yes, the ground looks like a metal target. . . . and ACTUAL targets become much more difficult to detect.
February 05, 2011 04:28AM
Good post. Brings me back to my last hunt on the beach. On my beach here in the NE. We get heavy ripples of black sand. So heavy that it can be picked up at times. What threw me off was that my ETrac and Jims Excal doesn't do well in this stuff. Completely opposite of what we are told. With these two machines "even my F75 that i had". Any targets that were at depth....in this type of sand would not ID correctly. Up in the dry was no problem for any machine "no black sand"". It is like having two targets very close together. Yet the beach "black sand" acts like a target. Interesting stuff when your able to test multiple detectors on the same medium.
February 05, 2011 05:20AM
Thanks, Tom, THAT is plain enough.

Texas DD