Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meteorite hunting and audio ??

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Meteorite hunting and audio ??
October 09, 2016 07:48PM
Has anyone got any tips for hunting on meteorite..... Audio? Numbers and etc

Would love to find one even if possible in the UK buy I'm sure particles fall all round the world.

Many thanks.
Re: Meteorite hunting and audio ??
October 09, 2016 08:20PM
Ziggy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone got any tips for hunting on
> meteorite..... Audio? Numbers and etc
>
> Would love to find one even if possible in the UK
> buy I'm sure particles fall all round the world.
>
> Many thanks.

I think you would need machines like the MXT GMT Racers 1 & 2 any of the Nokta's, I know the F-75 and the T 2s are good for hunting Meteorites and meteorwrongs, You need a machine with a True All metal Mode that has high Gain because some meteorites don't contain much metal,

I have a couple of Metal Meteorites here, But I have never bothered to check out what they read

I just tested them and they can give up to 90% Iron reading and they can give a VDI from anything from +20/30 down to -77 and more that's Minus 77

Hope this helps.

John.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2016 08:35PM by auminesweeper.
October 09, 2016 08:34PM
[youtu.be]
Try this Aaron.

Ziggy Wrote:
>
October 09, 2016 08:44PM
Another thing I have noticed is that they can give and Iron Grunt and Or a Sound like a Hot Rock unlike a normal piece of man made Iron. using the Prospecting / All Metal Mode.

The thinner one gives a VDI reading of -59 to -61 with an Iron% reading of 60% and It Sounds just like a Hot Rock

And the Thicker more Solid one gives VDI reading from +30 ish to -91 and the VDI's are totally erratic like I have never Seen before and the Iron % reading is 90% but it gives a Solid target Sound nothing like how the other one Sounds

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2016 08:58PM by auminesweeper.
October 09, 2016 09:27PM
Ziggy Wrote:
>
>
> Many thanks.

Ziggy you would be very lucky to find any in the UK only 20 have ever been found [www.open.edu]
October 11, 2016 11:29AM
I knew a guy that worked at DOCs in Vegas. He used a ML Explorer........ read out was 31-31 so they sounded like HOT ROCKS. Those things dont just land everywhere. You best bet is to do a little research and find an area known for them.

Dew
October 11, 2016 01:07PM
I see a documentary about that Guy Meteorite Man and he was using an F-75, He most likely has dozens of machines, But I would look him up and see what he says, He has millions of Dollars worth of them and he has made a good living from hunting them.

John.
October 11, 2016 02:41PM
Here are a few links – it looks like pretty much any detector will work just fine

[www.whiteriverprep.com]

[web.archive.org]

[www.meteorite-times.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 11, 2016 06:07PM
Thank you for your replies...... Food for thought and some helpful tips... Don't sound to Good here in the UK though but fingers crossed.