Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Probably some good advice

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Probably some good advice
October 14, 2016 11:52PM
Put a key in your wallet.

Why???

Was talking to a friend this evening,,,his son was bush hogging and lost his wallet.

I asked him if his son had any metal objects in his wallet,,,,he said he had 2 keys.

And beleive it or not $456.

So in the morning,,,off to the races,,,to see if I can help him out.

Wish me luck.

Will let him one one of my Deus,,and I will run the other.
Re: Probably some good advice
October 15, 2016 01:11AM
Always remember got a call from a sons friend....yep he lost his key ring in the snow.....must of thought I was superman as found them in minutes...
key in beach find purse
October 15, 2016 02:05AM
I found and was able to return a lady's nylon purse that was stuffed full of 30+ credit/reward/gift cards because she had an extra house key in it. It was about 1' deep under the sand in calfdeep water at low tide, approx. 40yds seaward and an undetermined distance laterally from where the rouge wave knocked her off her feet in ankle water near hi tide.
Good advice to keep a metal key in your wallet. thumbs down
October 15, 2016 01:23PM
Good luck David.
October 15, 2016 04:29PM
A one and a half inch brass washer might be better because if you have any info relating to your address you might get burgled, no point in making it easy for them, A large washer of any type will work well with any detector.

John.
October 16, 2016 04:15AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A one and a half inch brass washer might be better
> because if you have any info relating to your
> address you might get burgled, no point in making
> it easy for them, A large washer of any type will
> work well with any detector.
>
> John.

Good point. You could use a key that doesn't go to your house too.
October 16, 2016 11:24AM
Update

Yesterday's try not a success after 2 grueling hours of searching.

Wallet was a camo colored type btw.

Really feel for this gent.

He hunted all day yesterday,,,just using his eyes,,,no success.
October 16, 2016 03:06PM
I think keys should be attached to...everything.
I came across this thing in a park next to a big bush, a zinc signal strong and solid.
It was a key but I noticed it had a piece of string wrapped around it.
Looking closer I saw this was no string but a very thin 14k chain.
Bet it was that key catching on something that broke the chain in the first place and then enabled me to find it so easily so thanks...and thanks again.

October 16, 2016 03:09PM
I helped a family member search for his wallet in a field he had plowed. Field was approx 30 acres....a real needle in a haystack. We didn't find it after hunting for it for several hours over several days. It had approx $600 cash in it, credit cards, etc. Fast forward some 8 years. They bought a new living room suit and was moving the old out of the way. Underneath his easy chair/recliner was his wallet. They had never checked for it there because he was so sure he had lost it in the field.