Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Road Trip!!!!!

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Road Trip!!!!!
June 04, 2008 10:28PM
I'm a registered nurse.We've been short of help so I've worked 7 12 hour night shifts in a row.I get off Thursday AM at 06:00.I have 10 days off.I'm going over to the "cabin" in North Dakota for my days off.I have 2 old ghost towns,some old churches,businesses and homesites lined up to detect.I'll post finds and what I learned when I get back.Hope to find somw Indianhead pennies and my first Barber quarters and Barber dimes.You guys "keep the coil to the soil and overlap those swings".I'm taking the F75 and CZ 70(with the small coil).As the "Guru" of this forum says"Intelligent hunting".Bill
Re: Road Trip!!!!!
June 05, 2008 01:25AM
In 4-tone mode..... dig the top two tones..... and you'll find your Indians.
June 05, 2008 06:36AM
Sens 70 or above,disc 6 and 4 tones.I'll dig the top two tones.Do you notch any thing in or out?
June 05, 2008 10:59PM
I NEVER 'notch'..... as I want to know 100% of the time...100% of the targets in the ground (trash content) so as to determine coil sweep speed. Notching can also get you in trouble. If a target is conductively close to being 'notched out'....... as you begin to dig/recover the target......... it may move/change orientation.... and NOW conductively ID somewhere in the "notched-out" zone,,,,,,,...... and you'll be chasing a 'ghost' signal........... wondering where the target went to.
June 12, 2008 08:51PM
Rained out!!! 38 to 46 degrees,heavy rain and wind every day so far.I'm headed home.
June 12, 2008 09:16PM
Ooch!

....... Will trade 96 Deg weather for 46 Deg weather.
June 13, 2008 04:31PM
We are having the coldest spring/summer that I can remember.The wind is out of the northwest about 35 mph with a mist,rain.I had to turn the furnace back on.I'm off this afternoon to hunt an old lot by my house.