Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Long Time no post

Posted by Tom B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Long Time no post
November 04, 2016 04:49AM
Hi Guys, I have not posted on this forum in a long time, I have kept up by checking in a reading the post. Tom D you have a great forum and a wealth of knowledge, visiting your forum has greatly improved my finds with a metal detector.

I wound up with Keith Southern's Camo F75 and it is a beast. I have had about 5 other F75's and this one is hands down the best one I have used, it is stable little to no EMI and deep as I can go.

Today I went to a lake about an hour away and hit a swimming area, this place has small pieces of rusty iron and lots of pull tabs. When I first got there I notice that someone had beat me to the site by the dig marks in the ground, the easy pickens was gone and all that was left was the deep ones. After about an hour, I found that the key to unlocking the site was running sensitivity at 70, DE mode, tones in 2L and discrimination at 63. My F75 had no problem hitting coins in the 9" deep range with ease.

A two hour hunt totaled 13 dimes, 3 nickels, and 27 pennies, all were deep target that someone else had missed with their detector. I am going to have to clean them up to see the dates on them, I am going to have to go visit some old sites to see what I missed.
Re: Long Time no post
November 04, 2016 05:38AM
That's a great hunt. Keep it up.
November 04, 2016 09:25AM
Coming from Keith no doubt it was tuned in like a champ. Congrats on the days finds
November 05, 2016 12:20AM
Sounds Great!!

Glad the unit is working for you..

I have a 2014 BP Black Model ............... with DST upgrade done in Feb 2016 ..and it's also just a beast...On this 16 model I can't tell 9.0 from 9.1 there both exceptional modes...

The factory seems to be always tweaking on them ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla