Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got to try the newest At-Pro and all I can say is they got it right

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got to try the newest At-Pro and all I can say is they got it right
February 11, 2011 03:22AM
No falsing what so ever...Super stable .....Super DEEEEEP.....

Can find any flaw's.....The problems the first one had is completely gone...

Tried it in a spot and dug brass I had missed ...An even Got an Eagle Staff Officer's Cuff button at the 11 inch range.....WOW....

Will report more....in the next few day's....All ready got some tuning tricks I have discovered ...

Keith
Re: Got to try the newest At-Pro and all I can say is they got it right
February 11, 2011 11:42AM
Question is, how do you know if you are going to get the NEW version or the OLD version that was not as stable??? Have read all your past post on the unit...thanks
February 11, 2011 11:44AM
Now with the new version when you roll your wrists from side to side , no falsing?????
February 11, 2011 11:47AM
And what of the early Buyers?

Will Garrett make them right?
February 11, 2011 12:00PM
Another question.. Did you send yours in or buy another one??? curious
February 11, 2011 12:10PM
In my area we have a few Mom & Pop detector stores where we can handel and try the machines. Anyone that has experience with an AT Pro's problems like Kieth Southern & synthnut, maybe they would be so kind as to post a list on how to inspect the AT Pro before buying, like, sum it up as; what to lookout for... that would be a big help. Mail order is mostly a hit but ocasionally a miss.
February 11, 2011 02:02PM
Seems to me that buying that detector (AT PRO) is risky business.-----Good question Sonny had----how do you know which one you are getting? (what with the reported problems with the earlier ones).---Especially if you are buying it & having it shipped to you & can't check it out first.
February 11, 2011 02:22PM
Should be interesting to see if those that were so quick to label this "issue" as BS man up and admit they were wrong on this one.
February 11, 2011 03:26PM
As far as Synthnuts machine. He got it back from Garrett. It seems more stable. The control head is the same one he had. They did change the coil. It still falses when brushing/bumping the sand. This reason alone is not why i don't own one. I do not and will not swing my coil inches in the air. Both my ETrac and CZ does not false when brushing the sand.
February 11, 2011 04:31PM
Many of the folks on another forum ( the one I got kicked off of ) were trashing me for posting the problems I had ..... My only intention was to find out if I was the only guy there with problems with my AT Pro ....Many people wrote me in the background ( PM'S ) saying that they had problems too, but would not post because of all the flack they would recieve from a group that was SUPPOSE to be for the betterment of the unit ....It turned out that you could post all you wanted if you had PRAISE for the unit , but if you had problems , you were labeled as a trouble maker .... As far as i am concered , those who had machines that would false like mine did , will have to contact customer service at Garrett if they care to have the issues corrected .... Those who think that this is normal , can keep their machines and be happy with them because they STILL find targets ..... I can only post my findings and what I did to correct these issues ....My AT still falses , but not nearly as much as it did ....In some cases , it does not false at all ....I can surely live with my machine the way it is .... I was not told what was done to my machine and frankly , it really doesn't matter to me because it's working so much better than it did , and it STILL has the power I expected from it , and in some cases more !!.... I'm sure you all saw the movie I made, and you can basically tell if your machine falses too much on your own ...If you scrub the coil on the ground , and it falses after being ground balanced , there's a problem ....If you move your coil back and forth and it falses after ground balanciing , there's a problem ..... Remember too that you can't expect a detector to run quietly in your home with all the electrical interference , especially with fluoresent lights and dimmer controls ..... When I did my movie I turned all the lights off , and was being accused of everything from the coil detecting it's own cable ( WHAT ? ) to picking up old coating from wire that I had stripped on the floor that was over 8 ft away !!!...... So many made a mockery of problems that not only I had , but so many issues the other people had too .....It got to the point where folks were giving me a problem just to put their 2 cents in .... Then the icing on the cake was when I got BANNED FROM THE FORUM !!.... They go on to this day like nothing is wrong on that particular forum .... Hey , Ignorance is bliss !!..... and there are plenty of happy customers over there ..... I'm sure that not everybody is having problems with their machine , but there HAVE BEEN problematic machines ...... I would tend to think that by now all the early issue machines that have been prolematic have gone thru the buying and selling process already ....I would tend to think that the machines being made today would be relatively problem free , and whatever was wrong , was corrected ......I would have to at least HOPE that this woud be the case ..... As Tom said earlier , it's in Garretts best interest to make this machine right , especially since they have so much riding on this machine .... I will be using this macine for recent drops and will not have to scrubbing the sand with it , as it goes pretty darn deep scimming the coil OVER the sand rather than scrubbing ..... If nothing else , I will learn EXCELLENT coil control !!....LOL !!!!....( My partner SCREAMS AT ME ) .....I look over at him and he starts waving his coil all over the place and up in the air ......I get the point LOUD AND CLEAR EZ !!!....LOL !!..... Jim
February 11, 2011 09:01PM
This was one time where I didn't stick my foot in my mouth. I will not have to 'man up', as I always supported Synth on this issue on several fronts. I agree with BuckeyeBrad wholeheartedly, those who raked Synth over the coals need to offer a public apology to him, not a private one. That would be the honorable thing to do.
Also am happy for Keith that he has a AT Pro with no issues.
You did good Synth........and EZ.......and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 03:50AM by TerraDigger.
Dont know How to tell which one you will get
February 12, 2011 01:34AM
or if everyone was bad or just a certain batch ??

Maybe someone will post their serial number on one that makes noise...then i will post my serial number...

No more falsing with wrist wiggle sonny...

this is a brand new one also...the first one was sold to a guy who was cool with the issue....

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 01:37AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Dont know How to tell which one you will get
February 12, 2011 06:07AM
Strange there was not a word out of Garrett? Maybe reputation doesn't count like it use to?? With the proper approach, they could have looked like hero's, FOREVER!!!
February 12, 2011 11:19AM
Kieth, You privately sold your 1st AT Pro with the false problem, then purchased another from Garrett, and you came out with a seven? I've been following your posts and I don't remember if you tried to resolve it with Garrett, did you? I assumed Garrett replaced the 1st one. Trying to get the facts straight, thanks Kieth.
February 12, 2011 12:20PM
Keith ,
My serial number will not help you as I STILL have the same control box that I had originally ......What does that tell you ? .......

1) a bad cable ?

2) a bad shaft ?

3) a bad connector ?

4) a bad control box ?

5) a bad coil ?

You guys be the judge !!........Jim

If you say nothing , you admit nothing ......You don't say what you did to fix the machine , again you admit nothing ........ The important thing is that the NEWER machines are working properly ( I HOPE ) ......At least Keiths is ......
February 12, 2011 02:34PM
I would like to see dept tests on this AT-Pro does anyone have any videos? Also what about coins buried with metal or beside metal...? And does this have a back light? And what about multi tones?? I've always liked Garrett but this is a big purchase..... Help me out here, THANKS
February 12, 2011 03:23PM
I'd like to see the coil switched between a noisy AT Pro and a newer quiet one.
Did not trey to resovel it with Garrett Ozzie
February 12, 2011 08:28PM
I figured there would be a recall or something.....I really dont enjoy sending a machine in ....I like it work right the first time...I was starting to think it was the way it ran....

Hoped for more but other people stated there's was like this .....

I then got a chance to play with one this week from a dealer friend...

worked great so I purchased on the spot...

I was hoping for one that run's right I knew it would be true contender with the falsing issue resolved...

Great bad ground depth machine...!!!!!

Keith
February 13, 2011 12:04AM
Did Findmall reinstate your account? I thought you were history there.

[www.findmall.com]

Speaking of history, some of these folks won't be back after the Mods read this thread.
Hey rebel if you are talking to me I was never banned from findmall
February 13, 2011 01:26AM
I don't believe I ever said anything to warrant such...

Keith
February 13, 2011 01:28AM
Sorry; question to Synthnut...