Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First 2 hunts with the g2+ and some

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First 2 hunts with the g2+ and some
December 16, 2016 11:57PM
Got my new g2+ a couple of weeks ago. I've only had time to take it out twice. Both times to one of my well worn spots. It's a spot that me and my buddy have just about given up on. And I think the fellows that sneak in here have given up because I don't see any fresh dug unfilled holes anymore like I was seeing. Can't believe guys still do that. But anyway. These 2 hunts with the g2+ at this spot produced, 10 flat buttons, a pocket knife, 5 3 ringers, 1 round ball, 2 pistol bullets, 2 rivets, a couple of small grommets, 2 nice cannon ball fuses, 6 canister shot, a large cannon ball frag, and an 1865 2 cent piece. And of course a grap load of shot gun shells and modern day buckshot. This I know I know is not at all banner hunts. But considering where I was hunting, it was an impressive experience with the G2. I'm an ole school fart. Been reic hunting here in Va. since the mid 70's and still couldn't tell you the difference between a kilohertz and a gigawatt. But I can tell ya this unit ain't no toy. All those years of hunting relics I've only owned 5 machines. As of just a few years ago when someone told me I needed to get with the program did I have any idea about ground balance, low tone, high tone, 2 tone, 3 tone, coil size, double D, concentric, pin point, ground minerals, high conductor, low conductor,this target reads 50, this target reads 80, should I dig or not dig. The list goes on. But now that I know what you're supposed to do I'm having a ball. Ain't finding near what I use to but having fun none the less. Oh, back to the g2. Certain things about this unit brings back my old instincts. Hard to explain.
Merry Christmas you guys
Bill
Re: First 2 hunts with the g2+ and some
December 17, 2016 12:42AM
A 'validation' of just how bad masking can be!
Eye-opener.
December 17, 2016 01:44AM
Hi Bill. Slap the small coil on there and you will find even more!
December 17, 2016 02:32AM
Funny how a new different machine will produce targets

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 17, 2016 02:18PM
Nice machine friend.