Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Modded my AT pro

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Modded my AT pro
January 03, 2017 09:32PM
Haven't been able to get out detecting much because of weather and work and needed something to do with detecting so I ordered a mars telescopic shaft and nel sharpshooter coil for my AT pro. It's awesome. Machine feels so much better and I can just shorten it when I dive in the lakes. You do have to shorten the mounting studs on housing which is permanent and I also chose to drill out the lower shaft to use a 3/8" coil bolt instead of the 1/4". Thanks

John

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2017 01:38AM by Sand dog.
Re: Modded my AT pro
January 03, 2017 10:02PM
Looks like a nice job.

Congrats

I have a detector I may be modding.
Just got to get the courage to do.
January 03, 2017 10:02PM
Very nice, looks good there John.
January 04, 2017 12:18AM
Looks much nicer than the crappy S rods they come mounted on thumbs down

Cool mod SD
January 04, 2017 12:45AM
Yes sir, looks rather nice.

I think they look good on the Anderson rods too. But not quite as nice as yours.
January 04, 2017 01:54AM
Thanks for all the compliments I appreciate it. It was a fun easy mod that makes the AT pro feel waaay better. I'm thinking of modding my vista gold by putting it on a gm5 telescopic shaft hmmm...
Thanks

John
January 04, 2017 06:44AM
Looks like a great improvement overall for the AT Pro. Nice upgrade for the ergonomics with the handle and makes it more compact to carry when transporting...John
January 04, 2017 02:24PM
January 05, 2017 12:08AM
I like those rods from Mars for collapsibility..

space saver for sure..

does it feel better??I mean balance wise with stock AT coil??

I find the DEUS rod which seems to be where MARS got the idea to be nose heavy too thats why ask ..

Nice Rig!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 05, 2017 03:41AM
Hi Keith, I'd have to say machine feels much better to me than old s rod. I have the nel sharpshooter coil on it now. I only have the nel and the Garrett 5x8 coil sold the 8.5x11 stock coil when it was new as the pro quickly became a favorite for hunting this small but trashy park I hunt. I would think with the stock 8.5x11 it would be a little nose heavy. Thanks

John
January 05, 2017 05:24PM
Thank you for feedback Sir!!

Good luck with it.

the AT is a great unit!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla