Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A question for you guys

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A question for you guys
January 04, 2017 11:57PM
Do any of you folks have better success detecting when there's a full moon.
Re: A question for you guys
January 05, 2017 12:00AM
Not really on a full moon but day after a big summer electrical storm I do..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 05, 2017 12:13AM
Haven't noticed on the full moon, but feel, like Keith, that targets do light up better after a good electrical storm. HH jim tn
January 05, 2017 01:07AM
Thanks for the replies Jim & Keith. Years ago when I was a young buck ole timers use to say the ground should read good today, it's a full moon. Now that I'm the ole timer I have to agree. Every time there's a full moon hunting relics seems more productive. Not sure about electrical storms. Never paid much attention to that.. But anyway, I swear the atmosphere has as much to do with detecting targets, at least civil war relics, as ground mineralization, hot ground, or anything else does.smileys with beer
January 05, 2017 02:10AM
Well the moon does have a magnetic pull..

Not sure if that's good or bad..maybe the nails move???

What do ya think would happen to Our sites of all the iron was sucked out of the soil and into space even the iron mineral......I say we would clean a place out rather quickly except for depth..

As far as atmosphere That's where I was getting at with the electrical storm...it can become really sanitized of NOISE...almost eerily quiet the day after if you listen to the all metal mode...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla