Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SEF coil design

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SEF coil design
January 10, 2017 04:41AM
I have been researching a bit on them.

I wonder since it seems to handle mineral so well,,,,I wonder just how small a coil could be built using the design????

Seems 6x8 is as small as they come in.

For anyone who has tested on same detector,,,,,how does separtion compare,,,like maybe for a 6x8 vs a 6" round DD coil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 04:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: SEF coil design
January 10, 2017 05:17AM
The 6x8 is very good, I have a round 8" DD coil and the 6x8 will go about 1" better depth, and dose just as good in trash, maybe a little better. I know it is not as heavy as the round one. This is on my MXT, I like to use the 6x8 better than the 4x6 that Whites sells. To me I think it even hunts better than the 6x10 from Whites.
January 10, 2017 05:28AM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 6x8 is very good, I have a round 8" DD coil an
> d the 6x8 will go about 1" better depth, and dose
> just as good in trash, maybe a little better. I kn
> ow it is not as heavy as the round one. This is on
> my MXT, I like to use the 6x8 better than the 4x6
> that Whites sells. To me I think it even hunts bet
> ter than the 6x10 from Whites.

Most reports I've seen on White's 6x10--- it doesn't get high marks for depth (for its size)),,I wonder how come?? Fisher's 7x11 does good. And like you said sef6x8 does good.
I used to run a 6x8 on etrac,,,,I thought it did very well for size in depth dept.

Wonder what say a 4x6 sef coil would do for Racer 2 or Nokta relic detector???
That's really where I was going with the posting.
January 10, 2017 05:51AM
I don't know if you could beat the little 5"OO coil or not. I have a new Red RACER that I have only used about three times. Still in the box with every thing that come with it. I was trying to sell it on findsmall, but everyone wants the Racer 2. I think they are about the same, don't know for sure haven't used it much.
January 11, 2017 05:42AM
It sure would be interesting to see what a 2x4 SEF could do on an FBS machine. If it could hit 4-5" coins that would be a heck of an asset for the right person in the right site. I've ran the 6x8 and 10x12s on minelabs and Whites and really liked them. The shape just clicks with me mentally more than say a 6" round coil.
January 13, 2017 07:59AM
I've used the 6x8 SEF coil and the 4.5x7" detech Excellarator coil and a 6" detech Excellarator coil all on Minelab Explorer's or Etrac's and out of the 3 I liked the 6" better it seemed to me to be fairly deep and separated the best and pinpointing was a breeze with it. The 6x8 was my second favorite it was light weight and the deepest of the 3. I just didn't like the 4.5x7 at all but I've never been a big fan of elliptical coils. It seemed to have a lot less depth.
January 13, 2017 06:19PM
Here's a shootout I did years ago on the MXT with SEF VS Whites of comparable size..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla