Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ten turn ground balance pot in Tejon?

Posted by pinenut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ten turn ground balance pot in Tejon?
January 16, 2017 05:49AM
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum but have been playing with Tesoros for a little while now. Got a question about changing the GB pot on my Tejon.

I recently put a Bourns 10 turn pot in my Bandido II microMAX, and I love it! Now, I'm wanting to add that same 10 turn GB pot to my Tejon, and wondering if anyone here has done that. If so, can it be stuffed into the same spot as the original 3-3/4 turn pot? How much room is behind it? I've read of someone adding a 10 turn to their Tejon, but they flipped the faceplate over and fit it on the other side. Don't want to do that if I can make it fit where it should be. I'm not scared of "massaging" one of the pots, if it can be made to work. The one I stuffed into the Bandido needed a few spots ground away (on the pot) to make it fit. Looks and works like a factory job, but can be fine tuned much more easily. I want a 10 turn in my Tejon, too. Anyone done it?

Thanks for any info.

Dirty ol' Digger
Re: ten turn ground balance pot in Tejon?
January 16, 2017 03:03PM
Keep in mind it will kill the warranty...so one aspect to consider.....
January 16, 2017 06:24PM
Thanks - I know... smiling smiley
January 16, 2017 11:23PM
For sure doable..

Any more range ??? NO ......more Finite???? Yes!

If thats a need for you then go for it..50K I believe it is..

you can always easily swap back..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla