Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher offering F75 upgrades again

Posted by newguy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher offering F75 upgrades again
January 16, 2017 06:17PM
Upgrade #1 – F75LTD to New Enhanced F75LTD OR F75 to New Enhanced F75 - $159.00

Upgrade #2 – F75 Original to New Enhanced F75LTD - $309.00

[detecting.com]
Re: Fisher offering F75 upgrades again
January 16, 2017 06:59PM
Still am gun shy, don't want to chance a lesser unit. My AM is deeper than zero disc maxed sens....like to keep it that way. Am I a fool?, always a possibility. But thanks for the updated info, newguy.
January 16, 2017 07:52PM
Hmmmm....
Yeah, kinda agree w Ozzie, don't fix what ain't broken.
Bought mine validated from Tom around 5yrs ago and it always ran pretty good.

Aaron
January 16, 2017 08:22PM
I read the link. Am I correct in thinking that Fisher is opening a window of time for F75 owners to get the DSI and that there is no new upgrade? (I could have worded that better) I'm still looking for that magic stick that will hit a cuff button at a foot and a half. LOL
January 16, 2017 11:28PM
That is the 64K dollar question is it not Ozzie..

They did loose some SPARK on the DST..

Yet gained some advantages in ability to use the F75 in alot more locales..SMOOTHLY..

Your at a great advantage though...the used V2 models can be had a for a song....pick one up for 500.00 or less at times..saw one this morning .......nice!! go for 475.00...it would cost you 310.00 for upgrade...why not pick up a V2 used and have best of Both worlds..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 17, 2017 01:51AM
Never did understand why they stopped,,,and set deadline for upgrade.

From a marketing standpoint,,,anytime a manufacturer can get a relationship via through a transactional endeavor -- all good,

I wonder why they don't off er maybe a downgrade,,,,,meaning if some one wants a DST unit put back the way it was originally.

Or downgraded to non DST with boost.
January 17, 2017 09:49AM
I don't know why they just don't release a new unit -

its not financially viable for international users to be sending units back for software upgrades

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 18, 2017 12:28AM
smiling smiley

Good things come to those who wait!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 18, 2017 04:43AM
Keith, we only live so long! I am amazed how cheap the used 75's are selling for.
January 19, 2017 02:50AM
Why doesn't fisher make a new detector

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 19, 2017 10:02AM
After the last upgrade time-window, I was thinking of starting a 'wish list' thread for features to consider for the next upgrade. But I never did, and... it's January, and they're offering it again.
January 19, 2017 11:04AM
@Pimento ,I still run my original green T2,could never see the need to update it,if it ain't broke dont try and fix it,the biggest reason i guess is not the actual cost of the upgrade but the cost of postage etc,one of my all time favourite detectors especially on trashy sites with a small 5'' coil which i think are not the same as the F75 smiling smileysmiling smiley
January 19, 2017 01:31PM
But that's not really progress, is it, J&D? Plus, it's in Fisher/Tek's interest to make the upgrade really good, as, in addition to generating 'upgrade' revenue, most of the new enhancements can make their way onto the current production machines, helping sales there. Not to mention that they may affect the features of future products.
I understand that if they added too many 'whistles', they could ruin the simplicity of the machine, but I hope their engineers are aware of that.
However, I confess the way that DST on/off is controlled is very clumsy, looking like a last-minute panic change, rather than a neatly-engineered operator choice.
It's simply that these machines have a lot more potential in them, and the fact that their 'guts' are largely software-based, combined with the availability of just enough buttons/switches, and an LCD that can display a wide variety of info, means it can be done in reality.
I'm sure FT staff take note of (some) forum discussions, so it's not just idle dreaming (like some threads...), and I like to think that the "variable audio pitch in single-tone disc mode carrying over from the all-metal-mode pitch setting" was prompted by my suggestion of it on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2017 06:26PM by Pimento.
January 19, 2017 01:40PM
I wonder just how much $$$ wise a control head cost???

Just think if control head could have been removed and replaced with upgraded,,,like DIY.

Even maybe a person could redeem the old part for $$$.

This is really where detectors need to go,,,this permanent looking (more difficult to change assys) needs to end.

Even a slide in and out chip,,,would work.

Who ever gets a super performing platform,,,,designed so DIYourselvers can add performance/capabilities later--- will sell well.

This could be even cheaper overall vs Internet update able,,,,Besides,,,I am starting to wonder now,,,,for example could a Deus setup,,,be corrupted with download where someone or a group has indeed hacked!!!

Younger generation,,,these folks like more digitally setup devices,,,could be a real fad of sorts,,,and last a while too.

Manufacturer,,just has to design so system parameters have a lot of leeway for possible changes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2017 03:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 28, 2017 02:34PM
Seems there is an expiration date for this to be done.

[www.fisherlab.com]