Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Depth reading wrong!!!!

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Depth reading wrong!!!!
June 10, 2008 08:47PM
got a reading with F-75that read dime. It read 5 inches deep. took cz70 pro and it read 0 inches. Found a dime 1.5 -2 inches ..Help!!!!!Is the cz more accurate in depth readings.............?
Re: Depth reading wrong!!!!
June 11, 2008 01:06AM
The T-2/F-75 will give a 'interference' depth reading vs. CZ giving a 'composite' depth reading. There are plenty of other factors.... and I think I covered this in greater detail in a previous thread below. Guys ----- HELP!

Tom
Kas
June 13, 2008 01:47AM
Tried to find it, Tom, didn't.

Consider this, though, after answering this question. Was this coin in real dirt or a test buried coin.

I'm thinking that since neither machine Id'd the depth correctly, could there have been a large target deeper? I would think that the units may Id the coin in discrim, and since you're switching to AM to pinpoint and check depth that it would then (see) the bigger target though the dime. Just a thought. I would test them in a known garden.
June 13, 2008 01:00PM
The coin was in real dirt...... but could happen in a poorly constructed test-garden.
---Just because a detector is in the Discrim mode... does NOT mean that it can not see items that are below the Disc set-point. If the Disc is set to Disc-out pull-tabs....... and you locate a coin....... then bring the coil over the Disc'd out pull-tab ........ pull the trigger (invoke pin-point) and then sweep the coil over the coin..... you may never find the coin,,,,,......... ESPECIALLY if the pull-tab is a stronger signal than the coin. You've effectively 'detuned' the pin-point whilst invoking PP over the pull-tab...... AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT! ((( One of the reasons as to why I do NOT like to use any Disc. ---,,,,, Regardless of whether a target is deeper or more shallow than the intended PP target...... if the coil is over a metal object at the time the PP is invoked, you have effectively detuned the detector to a varying unknown degree..... all dependent upon how strong of a signal the UNintended target presents at the time of PP invoke.

Tom
June 13, 2008 08:22PM
this was not a test garden.. actual find. Since the cz 70 pro reads in 2 inch increments it was more accurate the the F-70. The first reading for a cz 70 pro is 2 inches. The coins was apx 1 -1.5 inches also checked the hole afterwards and nothing else was there...Have a feeling the F-70 is WAY off on depth readings.. Sonny
June 14, 2008 09:59PM
With an air-test..... check depth accuracy on a penny or dime. This should remove all variables.