Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Some Questions About The Nokta Fors Relic

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Some Questions About The Nokta Fors Relic
January 20, 2017 12:57AM
I just finished reading the owner's manual which is pretty well written, but I have a few questions to make sure that I'm clear about a few things. First are there 2 audio tone break point settings in the Di3 mode like there are in the Racer 2? Secondly, is the Fors Relic's Di2 and Di3 recovery speeds the same, slower or faster than the recovery speeds on the Nokta Fors CoRe's Di3 and Di2 modes? I know that there's a SWT mode that's faster, but that's not what I'm asking. Lastly, how does iMasking work differently than ID Masking?

The Nokta Fors Relic has sparked a lot of interest with me after talking with a forum member, reading the owner's manual and using the Nokta Fors CoRe a couple times out in the field and doing some testing with it. I've used enough different detectors and have detected enough hours to know that the Nokta Fors Relic is something special. I can't wait to get my hands a hold of one!

tabman
Re: Some Questions About The Nokta Fors Relic
January 20, 2017 01:12AM
The Relic D1 2 and D1 3 are like the modes of the Racer 2..

There both faster than the Racer slightly when comparing apples to apples in each mode..

imasking is for mineral NOISE ID masking is disc..

The imask can be used to settle down some noisy ground and it's simply a Ground filter for simpler terms..I Like to run it on zero and learn the noise..it will make a difference to a Veteran hunter who can massage targets out of noise..

There was some running the Imask up high at first..and I think maybe now they have backed it down..It's of more use for the smallest of targets in bad soil like gold nugget chasing..

You'll find the relic 3 tone mode to be a real powerhouse and its by design and Request...When Monte and Tom and Myself was testing the SOON TO BE Relic we asked Alper to Juice up the 3 tone and he met and exceeded that mode...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 20, 2017 01:32AM
A few comments.

When I first got my Relic detector,,,I went to a very old site that was very challenging.
Smallest manufacturers coil used exclusively.
I set out first to run my uni in 3 tone gain maxed.

I did find some targets,,,went back a second time and again found some targets.

On my third outing,,I thought it was time to try 2 tone.

So on this hunt,,,what I did was on very time I thought I had a nonferrous target using 2 tone gain at 60 btw,,I would check with 3 tone ( gain maxed).
I came upon 2 targets in 2 tone,,,flipped to 3 tone,,,,one signal disappeared,,,the other,,,the only reason I could really hear is because I had found in 2 tone and suspected it was there.

My ground medium minerlaizied,,the soil in this area,,I would rate as looser,,not hard pack.
We're any of these conditions the reasons why 3 tone seemed to fall behind 2 tone???

Don't know,,,,but IMO I sure wouldn't call a site Nokta Relic dead unless I Had spent a lot of time in there using 2 tone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 01:36AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 20, 2017 01:40AM
Yes two tone is more powerful than three tone..

as it should be

Its the hyper mode with enhanced VCO.

Yet in some mineral you'll find the three tone to be deeper..Why??It matches the soil better especially like 4 bar dirt...it still blends tones and bleeds through the filters but its sped up enough snapshot wise to keep from getting soil SWAMPING of the filters..a nice marriage.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 20, 2017 01:45AM
Yes,,,to the trained ear,,,,very possible to lock on to a find using 3 tone,,,that could be by the same user using 2 tone be swept right over and keep walking.

And vice versa.
And this not necessarily related to depth of detection either.

Folks should be using both in sites they consider to be possibly productive.

But,,sure everyone likely to have their favorite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 01:50AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 20, 2017 02:10AM
What I don't understand is why not just use more discrimination to eliminate mineral NOISE rather than using this thing they call imask. What's different about imask that discrimination can't do just as well? I know on the F75 you raise the discrimination to eliminate mineral (ground) noise. What's special about 'imask'?

tabman
January 20, 2017 02:23AM
Imask is a filter to help eliminate ground/mineral noise while allowing you to run 0 disc

If you use disc to eliminate ground noise you're also blocking out some metals AND losing depth in the process
January 20, 2017 02:42AM
Start upping discrimination,,,small negative affects to separation can happen.

Remember detecting scenario of a particualr target may or may not show this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 02:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 20, 2017 02:48AM
Thanks Everyone! I'm in the market for a Nokta Fors Relic. Shoot me a PM if you have one you want to sell or know where I can get one at a fair price.

tabman
January 20, 2017 04:49AM
Wayne dead onthumbs down

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 20, 2017 05:10AM
Tabman, I think there's one on Ebay right now--just do a search.
January 20, 2017 12:47PM
Ziggy has a pretty good video on its performance on certain scenarios. Kind of give you an idea also.