Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 (black one) arrived today---At Pro on the way.... TEST coming

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 (black one) arrived today---At Pro on the way.... TEST coming
February 16, 2011 08:52PM
I keep reading dwhere the E-trac will trump most on silver dimes. I found a lot of silver with the ET, but it just became to heavy for me. Anxious to give these 2 a test on silver coins, not relics. Should be interesting.. Also have an older CZ5 that will be in the hunt also....
Re: F75 (black one) arrived today---At Pro on the way.... TEST coming
February 16, 2011 09:13PM
Okay, we will be waiting for a true comparison.
February 16, 2011 09:31PM
Wow that would be great to see what you think of the two different units depth speed unmasking weight

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 16, 2011 11:32PM
How will you conduct your test?
February 17, 2011 12:22AM
What I would like to see on a test is using a video camera and taking both detectors and a friend. You just start hunting and dig everything and video it all. Then we can see before you dig how each detector hit on the target and how deep the detector hits on the target. If the detector can't hit and the other can dig it and lets see what the other detector didn't see.

You would have to use like boost mode and say one tone and as much sens as you can on the LTD or ask Tom what would be the best set up on the LTD since the AT is new maybe for your dirt you would set it up with iron disc. I think what we may want to see is how it unmasks iron and how deep it goes. I am sure all you guys can chime in and make this a cool test. I would be interested in seeing just what the AT pro can do you your dirt.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

February 17, 2011 10:50AM
sonny(IN) -

Can't WAIT to see such a test, as I have heard the same thing on the Etracs, NOTHING touches them on deep silver. Will be great to see how your F75 LTD and AT Pro do...please let us know your soil type.

Steve
February 19, 2011 10:53AM
Perhaps EZ can chime in here .....He had an F75 and gave it up for an E Trac and has NOT looked back !!...... It was not an LTD however .....Jim
February 28, 2011 01:45AM
Curious if you got a chance to square this up vs the AT pro..... it looks like the f75 got unloaded fairly quick...
February 28, 2011 03:59AM
Sonny-----You sold the black F-75 SE already??----How did the two detectors (F-75 & AT PRO) do in your tests?
February 28, 2011 11:56AM
I was hunting saturday and got a signal with the cz3d. It was rather weak and it read zinc penny. Went to truck and got the f75 and took it over the target. Sen. was on 50 and the target id jumped from around 30 to mid 70's. Kept trying to get a good lock on and it did not happen.. dug down about 10 -12 inches and found 2 tokes about the size of half dollar although they were thin.. Not imnpressed with target id on f75 for coin hunting .. maybe its me .. Now gonna get another E -trac. Have not tested the at pro much. Number are hard for me to see whil hunting....
February 28, 2011 03:39PM
MAYBE YOUR SENS WAS TOO LOW

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Just a thought....Re: F75 (black one) arrived today---At Pro on the way.... TEST coming
February 28, 2011 09:30PM
Along the lines of LowBoy's suggestion.........what was your sensitivity\disc set up. See my post Teknetics T2 / A Gain Measurement Chart. Perhaps it was a combination of these two settings???
Also, was the sensitivity set high enough that it was just at the point of instability (barely chattering)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 09:33PM by TerraDigger.
would the sens setting affect target ID? I had the cz3d set on 3 which is preset and it ID;d solid. The signal from the f75 was good , just not a solid ID
March 01, 2011 02:28AM
I need a few more details... What were the tokens made of? Did you ground balance the F-75? How much discrimination was dialed in on the F-75?

10-12 inches is pretty good depth for any detector! Especially one set at half the sensitivity. I'm not sure what you are comparing here but it doesn't seem bad to me. I once dug a target in a field that read zinc and my sensitivity was set at 65 on my F-75, I dug a measured 13" and found a zipper piece that actually closes the zipper (not the pull portion). I was very impressed at the depth. I thought for sure it was an Indian... no such luck though. sad smiley
at for sale also?
March 01, 2011 04:58AM
Sonny , I see you used the garrett for a day, and put it on ebay already? Thats got to be a record ! LOL.
March 01, 2011 11:34AM
What did the tokens read in the air. Did you scan the hole after to see if targets remain.
Did you use the best Freq at that site.
Re: at for sale also?
March 01, 2011 03:55PM
To be honest I found more silver the time I used the E-trac than any other detector. I do like cz's very much. I kept going to places that had been hunted HARD with the ET and did great. The weight is the only issue but I decided to tackle that issue. The f75 was disc at 4 when I found the tokens...I think the cz's are my second choice after the E-trac. As far as the at pro the numbers were a little small for my eyesight to seee well. I found 2 walking liverty halves the same year using the ET at a faiground and city park which both have been hunted almost to death. found 7 silver dimes at the same fairground the same day using the ET..As other have also posted they are dime killers while looking for silver coins...I am not brand loyal but have taken a liking to E-tracs and cz's ,especially the cz5