Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Some things I want to share (about my relic buggy)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Some things I want to share (about my relic buggy)
February 04, 2017 07:23PM
Some folks may be interested someday in buying a side by side off road vehicle to use to access more difficult or more remote areas when detecting.

My unit is a Can Am defender xt model.

This unit sets up very well for a metal detectorist.

Loads of storage,,,places to put gear,,coils, etc--- best I've seen so far.

I thought I would show a few pics so folks to see for themselves.

Also,,the screen on the back window,,,they do make parts you can buy,,,to enclose the back,,,,and with some ingenuity,,,devices for hanging on these screens can be made to store stuff,,even non metal detector stuff,,,so the actual bed space is more useable,

I plan to build a lightweight box for the back for some detecting gear,,,,especially ifI have a passenger along.

Also,,,in pic,,,notice the gun holder,,,,this too can double as a detector holder,,My Deus rides in it just fine. A person might even be able to put additional fun holder mount in passenger floor board,,,and have additional carry capacity detector wise.

Detectors do ride nicely though even laying in seat.

The storage boxes under seats are manufacturers equipment,,,,,the box under driver's seat is meshed on the bottom,,no sealed,,,but can hold bigger items like pinpointers, headset sets, etc,,driver's seat doesn't flip up,,,it adjusts like auto for person's height,,,but storage access still very ample.

Also in the pic,,under passenger seat(lifted in pic).., there are numerous coils,,,CTX stock,,,Deus"11, racer 5x10, nel sharpshooter for Racers,,still room for a few more smaller coils.

Also on the dash board on passengers side,,,a box,,that can be readily taken out,,,can be used to store maybe more critical things,,,but portable.

If anyone desires more info on this vehicle,,,,I will try to help you. You can always pm me.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 01:23AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Some things I want to share (about my relic buggy)
February 04, 2017 08:31PM
Nice set up buddy thumbs down
February 04, 2017 09:16PM
YUP nice vehicle, HH
February 04, 2017 10:07PM
Nicely set up relic ride you have there TNSS!
February 04, 2017 10:16PM
Wow what a rig!!
February 04, 2017 11:13PM
Very nice setup!
February 05, 2017 12:59AM
Thanks folks

Btw I posted this to actually inform folks.
My unit,,the can am defender,,,my unit is first year model,,,,2017 models are out now.

I didn't even realize these things existed until I happen to stop and talk to one of my neighbors (he's big deer hunter btw).

He had had a can am commander,,,and had traded,,,,at first glance when I seen him,,,I actually thought the machine parked near where we were talking was his old machine (commander),, but he informed me he had traded.

I took a ride with him to help with deer stand removal,,,,,and I must say,,,I in my mind someway,,somehow,,had o get one of these babies. I luckily got another ride in his when he ask me to help him with another project he was working on.

Well,,that sealed the deal for me,,so I went and purchased.

I sure don't want folks to think I'm showing off here,,,,but some folks may not knowabout these models,,,,,,and what they have to offer,

Delightful machine for me anyways.
February 05, 2017 01:47AM
Nice ride David, cant wait to come see you and check it out in person. Might have to get me one of these.
MAM
February 05, 2017 02:11AM
Rig looks great. I'm assuming you have to haul it on trailer or truck to the general detecting area, as most of have to use the highways to get to our detecting sites,
February 05, 2017 02:42AM
Somethung I learned always carry a chainsaw with you. I know a guy who went deep into the woods on his polaris 4 seater and a tree colapsed accross trail while in there and he was stuck there took him half a day to walk out. He told me always have a chainsaw. Anyway thought I would share that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 02:44AM by Diggs4ever.