Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My last post here on this forum

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My last post here on this forum
February 07, 2017 12:01AM
This will be my last post on this forum.

It seems there is a strong undercurrent here,,,,negatively affecting this forum.

It has been brought to my attention,,, I personally may be a contributing factor.

So in the best interest of the forum and members as a whole,, I am banning my self as of when this post is posted.

Then in the future here, I cannot be blamed.

I do have a few parting shots here I feel needs to be said.

I see some real talent of the folks on this forum,,, but I also see an attitude by some where it seems deep in their heart’s they don’t seem to want to volunteer any information.

I wonder if these folks would have preserved their knowledge,,, where would be now,,, and would we even have metal detectors? I’m talking about folks like Albert Einstein, Jacques Charles, Robert Boyle, Galileo Galilei, Sir Isaac Newton, etc.

There is an old adage,,that says a penny for your thoughts,, so what I am going to do is…..At last count I have 3,899 posts in total here,,, at 1 cent per post times the number of posts I made plus this one comes to a total of $39,,,, so the host here Mr Dankowski,, you can expect a check in the mail.

I am fortunate enough to be given a metal detecting related project as of late,,, due to ethical reasons I cannot currently discuss,, but hopefully in the future I will be able to discuss,,, and will do so in other venues.

For folks who are interested in this project,,, I do post on other detecting forums,, and it should go without saying if I can help you in any way,, by all means contact me using whatever resource you can.

I want to take this time to single out a few folks here,, who imo deserve some special recognition.

First,, after reading extensively on this forum,,,the 2 more astute people here are Harold and Hombre,,, folks these 2 gents really pay attention here and can provide very worthy info.

Next, I want to a pay a mini tribute here to Jimmy Jiver. Folks can say what they want,,,but this gent sure had a good sense of humor.

Next comes Suek,,, you are on the right track,, don’t stop.

Next comes Ozzie,, every forum needs a person like him. He shoots straight down the middle,,, tells folks what he thinks and how he feels.

Next, Geotech and Pimento. These 2 gents have what seems very in-depth educations and experience,,, I enjoyed reading their posts.

Lastly,, the host here NASA Tom and Wild Wally. I want to thank you for allowing me to spend some time here,, and in doing so be able to share some of my ideas and thoughts. To go further here,, if in good conscience if either of you feel in part or whole,,, that my past posts/threads here are considered unworthy,, ridiculous, cluttering up the forum, if indeed you feel this way,,, you have my full permission to delete. Also I desire to have my account deleted in its entirety.

I will try and stay in contact with the following folks. I do have your contact info. Thunderdome {Bill}, Daniel, Tom41, and Curbdog {Scott},and Jack Flynn.

To close here, some folks here may have 30 years more to detect,,, sounds like a long time doesn’t it?? Not really,, roughly 10,000 days,,,, so I encourage folks to make the most of each passing day.

This forum doesn’t have any bad people,, just people with it seems different ideas about different things.

Happy detecting to all.
David
Re: My last post here on this forum
February 07, 2017 12:21AM
Well that kinda sucks. I don't stray far from here, how am I going to hear about your adventures? I'm not in the know what has been brought to your attention or from whom, but why does that matter? I think you fill the forum with interesting tidbits that set the mind to thinking.....not always, but certainly more than most, including myself.
I say you stick around and have fun like you have been......my thoughts, David.
February 07, 2017 12:49AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This will be my last post on this forum.
>
> It seems there is a strong undercurrent here,,,,ne
> gatively affecting this forum.
>
> It has been brought to my attention,,, I personall
> y may be a contributing factor.
>
> So in the best interest of the forum and members a
> s a whole,, I am banning my self as of when this p
> ost is posted.
>
> Then in the future here, I cannot be blamed.
>
> I do have a few parting shots here I feel needs to
> be said.
>
> I see some real talent of the folks on this forum,
> ,, but I also see an attitude by some where it see
> ms deep in their heart’s they don’t seem to want t
> o volunteer any information.
>
> I wonder if these folks would have preserved their
> knowledge,,, where would be now,,, and would we ev
> en have metal detectors? I’m talking about folks
> like Albert Einstein, Jacques Charles, Robert Boyl
> e, Galileo Galilei, Sir Isaac Newton, etc.
>
> There is an old adage,,that says a penny for your
> thoughts,, so what I am going to do is…..At last c
> ount I have 3,899 posts in total here,,, at 1 cent
> per post times the number of posts I made plus thi
> s one comes to a total of $39,,,, so the host here
> Mr Dankowski,, you can expect a check in the mail.
>
> I am fortunate enough to be given a metal detectin
> g related project as of late,,, due to ethical rea
> sons I cannot currently discuss,, but hopefully in
> the future I will be able to discuss,,, and will d
> o so in other venues.
>
> For folks who are interested in this project,,, I
> do post on other detecting forums,, and it should
> go without saying if I can help you in any way,, b
> y all means contact me using whatever resource you
> can.
>
> I want to take this time to single out a few folks
> here,, who imo deserve some special recognition.
>
> First,, after reading extensively on this forum,,,
> the 2 more astute people here are Harold and Hombr
> e,,, folks these 2 gents really pay attention here
> and can provide very worthy info.
>
> Next, I want to a pay a mini tribute here to Jimmy
> Jiver. Folks can say what they want,,,but this ge
> nt sure had a good sense of humor.
>
> Next comes Suek,,, you are on the right track,, do
> n’t stop.
>
> Next comes Ozzie,, every forum needs a person like
> him. He shoots straight down the middle,,, tells
> folks what he thinks and how he feels.
>
> Next, Geotech and Pimento. These 2 gents have wha
> t seems very in-depth educations and experience,,,
> I enjoyed reading their posts.
>
> Lastly,, the host here NASA Tom and Wild Wally. I
> want to thank you for allowing me to spend some ti
> me here,, and in doing so be able to share some of
> my ideas and thoughts. To go further here,, if in
> good conscience if either of you feel in part or w
> hole,,, that my past posts/threads here are consid
> ered unworthy,, ridiculous, cluttering up the foru
> m, if indeed you feel this way,,, you have my ful
> l permission to delete. Also I desire to have my
> account deleted in its entirety.
>
> I will try and stay in contact with the following
> folks. I do have your contact info. Thunderdome {
> Bill}, Daniel, Tom41, and Curbdog {Scott},and Jack
> Flynn.
>
> To close here, some folks here may have 30 years m
> ore to detect,,, sounds like a long time doesn’t i
> t?? Not really,, roughly 10,000 days,,,, so I enco
> urage folks to make the most of each passing day.
>
> This forum doesn’t have any bad people,, just peop
> le with it seems different ideas about different t
> hings.
>
> Happy detecting to all.
> David

I really hope your not being serious about the leaving part, I've been reading your post for a long period of time and think that would be a great loss to this forum. You and people like you are what makes this forum the best in the world in my eyes. so stick it out one more season to think things threw a little more, Cheers Chad
February 07, 2017 01:02AM
Tnsharpshooter has been very helpful in most of the posts that I've read.

tabman
February 07, 2017 01:06AM
Dave,
You and I have had our differences in the past and I am glad to say that is behind us. When I chose to stop being critical of others I found that I tended to learn much more. I have learned that if I see something I do not agree with I just skip by it and usually find something else that really rings true for me. As for your post that some think have no value, WRONG life is a series of questions, every decision we make is due to us asking ourselves questions. IT shows that you are willing to not only share what you know but you also willing to listen to what others have to say. Some on this forum are not so opened minded.
I for one will be following you on other forums as I believe you have much to share. I myself will be spending less time on this forum now and will better spend my time on forums that welcome learning and helping one another out.
The only loser here are those on the this forum who want to learn. Sorry it went this way for you.
February 07, 2017 02:05AM
I have been mulling leaving this forum, too. I'm a very rare poster, so no big loss. I'll keep watching for you on the other forum. I agree that there seem to be more people here that are unkind, but I usually ignore them. But when they fill a screen with new threads just intended to be insulting, I think it's time to leave the forum to those who aren't bothered by it. Anyway, see you on the other forum, and I think you'll be missed here. My last time here - see ya.
February 07, 2017 02:22AM
Sorry to see you go, sorry you feel the way you do. I just moderate lightly, try not to inhibit exchanges of valid data or good humor. I believe the forum enjoyed your posts and you will be missed.
February 07, 2017 02:47AM
As a very casual poster I enjoyed your posts and help you give freely to everyone who asks, take care and hope you reconsider.
February 07, 2017 03:25AM
"> I am fortunate enough to be given a metal detectin
> g related project as of late,,, due to ethical rea
> sons I cannot currently discuss,, but hopefully in
> the future I will be able to discuss,,, and will d
> o so in other venues. "

Finally got that date with Dilek didja?
February 07, 2017 04:31AM
Dude don't let the haters get to ya man, if they don't like u or what u have to say they don't have to read it. U always seem to have a lot of views on ur posts. The haters are on all the other forums too. Last I checked everyone was welcome here.
February 07, 2017 04:33AM
4 years, almost 4000 posts, that's about 2.7 posts a day.

You have earned your rest.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 07, 2017 05:01AM
I'm new to this forum so not sure what I missed but perhaps I'll see you on other forums. Best of luck in all that you do.
February 07, 2017 01:35PM
This is bad news, you will be missed.
February 07, 2017 01:50PM
just like a bad soap opera, lol
February 07, 2017 03:05PM
Sticks and stones may break my bones-----BUT words will never harm me.

TNSS---You provide a LOT of helpful info so: Shane,Shane, come back Shane.
February 07, 2017 03:34PM
TNSS, I will admit to not liking your writing style of spaced out sentences. Very fatiguing to read. Because of that I don't read very many of your posts or your replies to others. That said, I don't mind you posting. Sometimes you do start a topic that interests me and I'll force myself to read it, or if its too long, compose it into a readable format. But you are not special in that regard as there are a few others that can't put together a paragraph and I treat them the same way.

I look at the forums the same way I look at TV. I chose what to read and not to read just like I chose what to watch or not to watch on TV.

So hang around. You add to the programming.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 03:38PM by Mike Hillis.
February 07, 2017 03:55PM
Folks get fed up with forums and drop out all the time - for various reasons - some just vanish, others deliver a farewell address. Fine.

We will each participate as long as it suits us. The forum will remain relevant to those whose interest is detector performance, hunting performance and challanging discussion of related themes as long as these themes dominate the forum traffic.

As far as personal attacks, comments about the behavior of folks as opposed to the actual content of posts, For me - these are real negatives and not what we come here for.

Of course, these are my opinions - and not necessarily shared by others.

Most metal detecting forums fail. Some never get any real traction, others just fade away after years of activity. This one is doing fine, hopefully we can all continue to contribute to keeping it that way. If we fail, all that's left is Facebook and that is a TERRIBLE alternative - pure stream of consciousness - no history, no deposit of accumulated group knowledge.

Rick Kempf
February 07, 2017 04:13PM
I hate drama and gossip, and will do what it takes to stomp it out and or not be involved in it.

I've been around the internet a very long time; probably since some time around the mid to late 90s. I seldom post on other metal detecting forums and don't post here as much as I use to. I can and do pick and choose which threads I read but even I do have to admit that sometimes it gets a little fatiguing when one person consistently has 10 or more threads on page 1. Maybe it is because others have bumped them all to the top; I don't know and don't really care. Like I said I can pick which ones I wanna read and move on. Some do take the likeness of "rambling on" though; but if I'm not interested in them, I just move along.

What I don't understand is why the need to do a public farewell post? To me, that seems like trolling for responses and trying to get people to respond and or try to get a person to stay. I have always said, if a person is gonna leave...then just leave. No need in being dramatic about it. If a person just goes quietly, eventually people will figure out that they're gone. Too much of most anything can get tiresome after a while. One of my favorite treats for dessert is a oreo dirt cake, but if I had it to eat every day, I would eventually get a little tiresome of it and need a break for a little while.
February 07, 2017 05:42PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I hate drama and gossip, and will do what it takes
> to stomp it out and or not be involved in it.
>
> I've been around the internet a very long time; pr
> obably since some time around the mid to late 90s.
> I seldom post on other metal detecting forums and
> don't post here as much as I use to. I can and do
> pick and choose which threads I read but even I do
> have to admit that sometimes it gets a little fati
> guing when one person consistently has 10 or more
> threads on page 1. Maybe it is because others hav
> e bumped them all to the top; I don't know and don
> 't really care. Like I said I can pick which ones
> I wanna read and move on. Some do take the likenes
> s of "rambling on" though; but if I'm not interest
> ed in them, I just move along.
>
> What I don't understand is why the need to do a pu
> blic farewell post? To me, that seems like trollin
> g for responses and trying to get people to respon
> d and or try to get a person to stay. I have alwa
> ys said, if a person is gonna leave...then just le
> ave. No need in being dramatic about it. If a per
> son just goes quietly, eventually people will figu
> re out that they're gone. Too much of most anythi
> ng can get tiresome after a while. One of my favo
> rite treats for dessert is a oreo dirt cake, but i
> f I had it to eat every day, I would eventually ge
> t a little tiresome of it and need a break for a l
> ittle while.

OK, you started it-------Oreo Dirt Cake----now give us the Receipt.
February 07, 2017 05:54PM
My philosophy in life has always been to give no crap and to take no crap. There are a lot of bad asses behind the keyboard who wouldn't look you in the eye if you saw them in person. The internet creates a lot of tough guys. So you can either take what's said for what it's worth (nothing), or you just gotta move along. Metal detecting is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not to create more stress in your life.
February 07, 2017 07:33PM
Hope to see around other forums David!
February 07, 2017 08:55PM
So long TNSS. You seem like a good person. I will admit to it being fatiguing and it being at times off putting. I simply choose not to read topics that don't interest me, but at times alot of posts get bogged down with the "now consider this" back and forth thoughts. I bought an early MXSPORT and when searching online you seemed to be on 3 or 4 forums, going on and on about what whites "ought" to do about a machine you hadn't to that point used. It was annoying and hard to find anything of substance because of it. Post after post...Rein it in a bit and it'll serve you well.
February 07, 2017 09:56PM
Yes Daniel...... I like cake and I like Oreo's....Oreo Dirt Cake, what is that?
February 07, 2017 10:05PM
Oreo Dirt Cake: (US measures)
[www.cooks.com]

Looks low fat, low sugar, so ideal for those struggling to lose a few pounds.
February 07, 2017 10:15PM
Pimento Wrote:
> Oreo Dirt Cake: (US measures)
> [www.cooks.com]
>
> Looks low fat, low sugar, so ideal for those strug
> gling to lose a few pounds.

My sister makes it, it is like a little bit of heaven on earth....lol

She crumbles the oreos up in the mixture, plus puting the whole oreos on it.

Hers is more like this recipe. crumbly oreo dirt cake

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 10:20PM by cadman.
February 08, 2017 12:42AM
cadman, your sisters' receipt is to die for. It is a real treat. HH jim tn
February 08, 2017 01:04AM
No idea what the specifics are for you leaving, TN, but you've been a frequent contributor to this forum and I'm sorry to see you go.

My best to you in the future.
>grinning smiley<Re: My last post here on this forum
February 08, 2017 03:52AM
February 08, 2017 04:10AM
> grinning smiley <
February 08, 2017 06:34AM
Big problem with exit lines - you say your poece - you walk offstage - and then all the chatter begins......AND YOU CAN'T COMMENT!! Funny

Rick Kempf