Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WTB Eric Foster Goldquest Aquasearch V2hot smiley

Posted by cobill 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WTB Eric Foster Goldquest Aquasearch V2hot smiley
February 07, 2017 07:39PM
I'm looking for a good condition Eric Foster Goldquest Aquasearch V2 (Aquastar) waterproof PI detector for shallow to chest deep beach water hunting. I know there are still a few out there, anybody want to let one go for a good price? PM me if you are a serious seller.

Bill
Re: WTB Eric Foster Goldquest Aquasearch V2hot smiley
February 08, 2017 01:20AM
Don't blame Ya!!

Good luck!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 08, 2017 04:23PM
Hey Keith, glad you chimed in. Clive mentioned waterproofing a big box TDI is just as good as the Goldquest Aquasearch V2 and I found your comments on that unit:

"It did Bryan....But still didn't seem quiet as hot as a Big Box...even better is get a Big Box and send it to Reg for quietening Mod."

Which model is the "big box" TDI and how hard would it be to waterproof the control box?

Bill
February 08, 2017 09:51PM
Big Box is the original TDI and the Pro version too that used the old time 5900 type large box...and took a specialty battery of around 15Volts..

the SL is the smaller version that looks like a MXT box and uses AA batteries ...12 volt system in use..

The small box model I'm sure would be easier to find a box for in waterproofing ...yet the big box is slightly more powerful but more NOISY in terms of EMI..yet if your wanting to dive?? maybe the give up is not too much...the small SL is alot smoother running...

probably not going to be a easy task to get waterproof either way..

if you go big no one is doing the quietening mod anymore either so trade offs to be considered on each end...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 10, 2017 09:43PM
Thanks Keith. I ended up finding an Aquasearch V2, but decided to pass due to parts availability, lack of coil choices, age of unit, etc. I found a White's TDI Pro and will work on a solution to waterproof it

Bill
February 11, 2017 01:36AM
Excellent!!

one good thing on a Big box like you now have is the box can be hipmounted or chest mounted....

stick it in a gallon ziplock and some duct tape for beach work!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla