Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I've done a Mojave run down and demo video..Updated for the lost seven Minutes!!!

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I've done a Mojave run down and demo video..Updated for the lost seven Minutes!!!
February 22, 2017 12:33AM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 06:34PM by Keith Southern.
Re: I've done a Mojave run down and demo video..
February 22, 2017 01:03AM
Thanks Keith! !
February 22, 2017 01:11AM
Thanks Keith! It might surprise you a little when you take it out and hunt with it. I found an 1898 indian and sterling/pearl ring in a railroad camp I have pounded with the Deus, Tejon and Relic. I am sure I went over the area several times with different machines and that Mojave got it at 6in with the high mineral switch on. I was impressed to say the least. And it's just plain flat fun to use.lol
February 22, 2017 01:21AM
wonder how the Tesoro RSD 11"x8" wide scan DD coil would fair on the brick test ?
February 22, 2017 02:08AM
Keith-----Which detector/coil combos have passed that brick test?
February 22, 2017 02:27AM
Keith, I'm not that impressed hunting around nails with DD search coils. Lucky for me, I have fairly mild ground to detect in and don't have to use them! smiling smiley

Video Link

tabman
February 22, 2017 03:22AM
it was just brought to my attention the last seven minutes of video is missing ..

I cant get used to the new Youtube format so i did something to the end ??????

Im reloading it so its saying three hours ...Ill get the right one up ..LOL..

I need a break...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 22, 2017 03:40AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it was just brought to my attention the last seven
> minutes of video is missing ..
>
> I cant get used to the new Youtube format so i did
> something to the end ??????
>
> Im reloading it so its saying three hours ...Ill g
> et the right one up ..LOL..
>
> I need a break...
>
> Keith

Keith----We appreciate your efforts & know it's a LOT of hard work-------Thanks------------Del.
February 22, 2017 03:42AM
Man I might not have traded for one if I had saw your video first. Oh well...it's already on its way now. For what it costs though, I don't think it will be a bad machine for just tinkering around with. I always have people asking me about detectors and if I have any for sale that might be good to get started with. This machine is going to rock that niche.
February 22, 2017 04:34AM
Thanks Del..

I accidently also hit HD on my recorder instead of 480..so it's slow going LOL..and the new format for youtube is sort of confusing to me...

maybe by morning I will have it right Ill get it fixed during the night..

I have a video I want to do on the T2 on down the barrell also...this Classic passes it with small coil...Old ones struggled if I remember correctly ..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 22, 2017 04:37AM
it has some clean unmasking Daniel..

There might be a Good coil combo out that really makes t more versatile in more soil's

maybe a 6x8 SEF ???

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 22, 2017 07:29AM
tabman Wrote:
> Keith, I'm not that impressed hunting around nails
> with DD search coils. Lucky for me, I have fairly
> mild ground to detect in and don't have to use the
> m! smiling smiley
>
> V
> ideo Link

>
> tabman

The average sum signal from the nearby objectives ...
February 22, 2017 07:38AM
@Keith

Thanks for the video! I appreciate your effort and your (ongoing) enthusiasm for metal detecting.

Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Man I might not have traded for one if I had saw your video first.

I bought one too and when Keith said that he is "in some ways" not impressed with it, I thought "oh boy, what have I done...". I'm not a fan of air tests, but it passed the hardest one with ease. So even when it struggles here and there, there might be a (real world) scenario where it has an advantage over other machines (I hope grinning smiley). Sometimes it's just this one signal that changes an entire hunt, or the outcome... I hope it will be the case with this small machine.
February 22, 2017 11:39AM
vfp7 Wrote:
> tabman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Keith, I'm not that impressed hunting around nai
> ls
> > with DD search coils. Lucky for me, I have fairl
> y
> > mild ground to detect in and don't have to use t
> he
> > m! smiling smiley
> >
> > [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LEt3n_DiY
> ]V
> > ideo Link[/url]
> >
> > tabman
>
>
> The average sum signal from the nearby objectives

> ...

I guess that's why I'm finding so many silver coins in and amongst the nails using the Mojave with the concentric search coil. I run the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out nails. Sometimes after recovering a coin close to a foundation of a home I'll lower the discrimination to check for nails. More times and than not I get a audio tone in or near the hole where I recovered the coin. Using the other detectors that are in my video I can't do worth a flip with them close to the foundations. They are better suited for larger open trash free areas. I used to avoid detecting next to foundations like the plague, but not anymore since I got the Mojave. I'm finding silver coins that other detectors can't see. The proof is in the pudding unless you don't believe what you see and hear.

BTW, in that same test I used '1n' audio tone with the F75 and it still couldn't detect the coin going down the length of the nails. I also used '1' audio tone with just enough discrimination to discriminate out the nails and still the F75 couldn't not detect the coin between the 2 nails [u]going down the length of the nails[/u]. If anyone can get the F75 to pass that test, please post a video, I'd like to see it. Same goes for the other detectors that I used in the video. I just had an eyeopening experience with DD vs concentric. Now I understand why Monte favors the small concentric search coils so much.

tabman
February 22, 2017 11:47AM
How does it fair with a nail above a coin, certainly sounds like an ideal shallow coin in trash detector.
February 22, 2017 11:56AM
ghound Wrote:
> How does it fair with a nail above a coin, certain
> ly sounds like an ideal shallow coin in trash dete
> ctor.

How does the F75 fair with a nail above a coin? Most silver coins in my area are less than 7 inches deep. Well within the range of the Mojave using the small 7 inch concentric search coil.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 12:00PM by tabman.
February 22, 2017 12:15PM
I don't know about how the F75 fairs, just interested i the Mojave as it's small and light looking and would suit my daughter when we're off camping.

tabman Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How does it fair with a nail above a coin, certa
> in
> > ly sounds like an ideal shallow coin in trash de
> te
> > ctor.
>
> How does the F75 fair with a nail above a coin? Mo
> st silver coins in my area are less than 7 inches
> deep. Well within the range of the Mojave using th
> e small 7 inch concentric search coil.
>
> tabman
February 22, 2017 12:39PM
ghound, I'd be careful, she might just show you up using the Mojave. It's as light as a feather, it's simple to use and the rod can be easily be adjusted down for kids.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 12:39PM by tabman.
February 22, 2017 01:22PM
Before anyone gets their panties in a wad about what I think the F75 can and can not do, I found 252 silver coins last year in aprox. 100 short hunts mainly using the F75 with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached. I 'cherry picked' a lot of different sites and averaged 2.5 silver coins per hunt using the F75. It's a great detector for that type of detecting! However, if you're not privy to that many sites and have to detect really hard pounded sites, the little Mojave might just surprise you, it sure did me, especially near foundations where there's an abundance of nails. I'm going back over sites with the little Mojave that I've detected before and I have a great big smile on my face.smiling smiley

tabman

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 11:28PM by tabman.
February 22, 2017 01:43PM
Wouldn't be the first time lol, there's a concentric on her Bounty Hunter and dhe does well with it.

tabman Wrote:
> ghound, I'd be careful, she might just show you up
> using the Mojave. It's as light as a feather, it's
> simple to use and the rod can be easily be adjuste
> d down for kids.
>
> tabman
February 22, 2017 02:05PM
My son has a Garrett Ace 250 and he's chapped my tail several times on finds. He doesn't like wearing headphones and that boing boing sound is absolutely annoying. LOL but heck I've learned to live with it and it gets him out of the house out from behind a computer and his phone. I couldn't ask for a better side kick.
Re: I've done a Mojave run down and demo video..Updated for the lost seven Minutes!!!
February 22, 2017 11:27PM
Keith thanks for doing the video. I'd hate to have to detect in that ole red devil dirt!

tabman
Re: I've done a Mojave run down and demo video..Updated for the lost seven Minutes!!!
February 23, 2017 12:21AM
Very welcome..Thank you !!

Yes my dirt is tough..

Yet still hiding alot of goodies for ONE DAY..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
we interrupt your regular programming for just a sec...
February 23, 2017 02:58PM
not trying to hijack this thread, Keith, but I'm still waiting for you to give the MX Sport a fair test - head to head - with what ever you choose in your worst dirt.
Audio quirkiness aside, and yes it can be a real pain to listen to, I still believe the machine has merit regarding EMI suppression and depth in mineral.
I invite you to prove me right or prove me wrong. <g>

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 23, 2017 06:25PM
Nice little machine, great video. I didn't know they made a 6x8 sef for the Tesoros. Bet that would be a good one.
February 23, 2017 10:56PM
88junior Wrote:
> My son has a Garrett Ace 250 and he's chapped my t
> ail several times on finds. He doesn't like wearin
> g headphones and that boing boing sound is absolut
> ely annoying. LOL but heck I've learned to live wi
> th it and it gets him out of the house out from be
> hind a computer and his phone. I couldn't ask for
> a better side kick.

I don't wear any headphones and have sold machines for being too loud without headphones. I tell people all the time that you don't hear more with headphones my hearing is super sensitive and I always find more than those who detect with me .
February 24, 2017 12:00AM
Well I wear headphones to keep from bringing on unwanted attention and it also improves battery life.
February 24, 2017 01:54AM
tabman Wrote:
> Keith, I'm not that impressed hunting around nails
> with DD search coils. Lucky for me, I have fairly
> mild ground to detect in and don't have to use the
> m! smiling smiley
>
> V
> ideo Link

>
> tabman

Tabman,
do you happen to have the 5x10 concentric for the f75 that you can test?
February 24, 2017 02:38AM
Rod-PA , I sure don't, but I'm told by a reliable source that it will do better in that test. Also it handles pry-caps better. I may just have to get me one.

tabman
February 25, 2017 02:28PM
I see that all the Tesoro Epsilon Coils will work on the Mojave too. Cors and NEL have all their line up available for that as well. So there is a wide range of coils already out there for the Mojave. I'm guessing with it coming with a 7 inch concentric, that is partially the reason why it doesn't work too well in hotter ground; that's just typical of a concentric. I'm heading to the P.O. to pick mine up here in a few minutes; but I can guarantee you, one of the first things I am going to get will be a DD coil just to see what difference it makes. Haven't decided on which one yet, leaning between the Tesoro 8x11 or the CORs in the same size. I'm leaning towards the Cors coil because the Tesoro Epsilon series is all white colored coils, and I like the look of the black coils better.

Have any of you already tried a DD coil on the Mojave? If so, what did you think?