Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

lots of bars

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
lots of bars
February 26, 2017 02:16AM
Well, today i took Ozzie to a large homesite in Allentown, PA. We both started with F75s, and spread out from each other on its 6 acres. OLD OLD OLD huge trees, and I was super hopeful when we started out. Due to the circumstances surrounding the property, this was likely to be our only hunt there. First thing I noted, was the bars. There were a few times I saw 3 bars mineralization, but mostly was split between 4 bars and 5 bars. If I got a signal that looked like a lincoln cent, even if it said depth was 3-5 inches, it was probably an inch. When I cut a plug about 4 inches, and scanned the bottom of the plug...the reading was a 1. Ozzie had a bit more luck, finding a wheat cent/buffalo nickel spill, and a merc. The craziest part was our Garret Carrots couldnt even work. When you turned them on, once they got within an inch of the ground, no matter where....semi fast beeping. Semi fast beeping until touching the target, and even then you werent sure. With an hour to go, Ozzie let me try out his ExplorerSE, gave me an exhaustive 30 second tutorial which went "Ferrous very low, Conductive very high....that is good" , and went 100 feet away, probably laughing at me trying to make out all the warble sound things...what a foreign language from using only CZ/F75/G2 before. My first target with it that I was certain fit his criteria was a no-date SLQ, so I am thinking I got the last laugh.

Was good fun, but hope to never see 5 bars again when my only detector is F75.

Oh, and Ozzie is now a fan of Yocco's Hotdogs.
Re: lots of bars
February 26, 2017 04:33AM
How deep was the SLQ?
February 26, 2017 10:39AM
Good write Rodman, that sums up the hours at that neat property. Again, thank you for hunt, I enjoyed it.

I never hunted a 5 bar area, the soil was orange. The dirt set off the pinpointers with an even beep spacing until it neared the metal target, then it would solid tone.

I wasn't sure Rod would like the MLSE after coming off a f-75....but I think it liked him, !!///BAHM///!! or should I say **flutey-tooty**,.. pulls out a standing Miss Liberty Q...gotta love it.

I said the SE was for sale but he didn't bite, oh well, cost me a planted SLQ, lol ..............just kidding Rod.

When we packed up and drove out, Rod said " I'm going off route on purpose, do you like hotdogs?" " I love a good hot dog" I said. He said " good, we're going to hit Yocco's famous hot dog place" and pick up a couple with everything on them...there kinda small so we'll get two each".
I said " if they are small lets get three", he didn't argue.

Yes they were good and the place was doing business like a Mc D's.

I had to ask Rod if he was chewing his hot dogs. He was multi-tasking,... driving, eating and telling stories at the same time..... finishing his 3 dogs as I was rounding off on 2. lol

We had a good day, we both got silver and the weather was abnormally warm for this time of year. Thanks again Rodman.
February 26, 2017 12:38PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How deep was the SLQ?
I

About 4 inches or so
February 27, 2017 02:27AM
I thought this was going to be a out how many bars you hit lately. Lol
February 27, 2017 03:50AM
Lol, my life is challenging enough without hanging out in bars...
thats interesting..
February 27, 2017 11:55PM
I only live about 20 minutes north of Allentown, and have never encountered that kind of dirt around here anywhere. Makes me wonder if you may have been in an areas where spoils from the steel works were spread. I'd like to see that dirt. Might be interesting.
February 28, 2017 11:31AM
Streak, Funny you should mention that......exactly what I said to Rod.
February 28, 2017 02:02PM
It is on the top of the ridle to the south of cedar crest park, so I do not think so. The age of the trees on the lot suggest nothing industrial has been there for well over 100 years
February 28, 2017 02:03PM
Sigh...."ridge"
February 28, 2017 09:23PM
Hey Rod, you can edit your post without posting another.....no time limits here,.... and it's not like a text. lol