Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro?

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro?
February 26, 2017 05:23PM
Got my mojave, it's a great machine for what I'll use it for BUT it got me thinking of something Tesoro could do for us park jewelry hunters. How about a side by side low/high disc knobs that work together, so we could set low disc from iron up to tab range and high disc from tab to silver range. High disc would work in reverse. Give it the high tone also. When I don't have a lot of time and just want to go after gold jewelry I could eliminate high conductive coins with the high disc range and eliminate iron and most junk with the low disc range. We can call it EL Chameleon because it can adapt to any disc senerio we need it to. It would be sweet if it could be multi tone and as you compact the disc settings it keeps the multi tone but fine tunes the tone ranges.

John
Re: Tesoro?
February 26, 2017 05:34PM
That would be my Tesoro PUMA concept detector, but eliminate multi-tones. All you need is a Tone Break control and operate with either One-Tone or Two-Tones.

It was posted and moved but you can find it here with some discussion. PUMA

The problem is wondering if Tesoro ever monitors the Forums that are out there? Certainly nowhere near like activity is followed by Nokta/Makro.

Monte

The dual discrimination you are thinking of is just what I described in my concept PUMA, and I gave some examples of how it could be used. Very useful for jewelry hunters!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 05:49PM by Monte.
February 26, 2017 05:36PM
That's called a "Tejon" minus multi tone

it has 2 disc knobs to do basically as you describe and then you just flip back and forth to check targets via the switch/trigger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 05:45PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 26, 2017 07:05PM
Thanks for that article Monte, The Puma NEEDS to be built! I hope Tesoro is listening.

John
February 26, 2017 07:21PM
The Troy X5 could do something similar with the coin check button.. As a matter of fact, I found a small gold ring on my first outing with it.
February 26, 2017 07:56PM
The Tesoro Pantera from 1990/91 time frame is a fine 2 tone audio with notch detector. It would serve your purpose well if you can track down one of these rare machines. It has the ED-120 disc. circuit that when set to minimum, ignores small iron. So, other than some tics and burps, it has no iron audio. The notch control is a double stacked knob that includes a smaller knob on top of the control for the main disc. The notch control sets the break point any where in the conductivity spectrum...very cool machine if a person is lucky enough to find a hot performing unit, mine is a hot version and regularly nabs 8 inch coins in my mild dirt with the 7" concentric.