Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

non-DST T2SE user thinking about trying a T2 Classic

Posted by Jressman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
non-DST T2SE user thinking about trying a T2 Classic
March 02, 2017 05:33AM
I've got a T2SE that I've had 4 years now. Love that machine. I made some of my best finds with it. I chose not to have it updated to the DST for fear that it would change the way the machine behaves. The new DST tones I do not like. I'm wondering if the T2 Classic has the old style T2 tones or the updated Deus-like sounds the DST units have? I'm thinking about giving one a shot to compliment my T2SE, as stupid as that sounds! Haha. My T2 SE is very HOT and I don't want that to change, also 90% of the sites I use it at are EMI free. It's the surprise 10% of sites that I get interference and it drives me crazy and makes me wish I took out my CTX3030 or AT Gold instead. I'm hoping the T2 Classic would fit the bill for those 10% sites. These are sites where terrain is a little rugged for the ground scrubbing CTX, and targets are a little too deep for the Garrett AT Gold. Since the T2SE doesn't suffer much from air gap between the coil and the ground, it's the perfect machine for these sites, just the EMI issue once it arises is bothersome.

Think it's worth it to give the T2Classic a shot? I'd like to do some side by side comparisons on live targets between the old non DST T2SE and the current Classic.
Re: non-DST T2SE user thinking about trying a T2 Classic
March 02, 2017 05:50AM
Get the T2-C. if you want old school feel and quiet as a mouse..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 02, 2017 06:58AM
I had the T2SE it was the first Teknetics detector I bought. I just couldn't get used to the constant chatter and the Boost and cache modes were useless in my 3-4 bar Georgia dirt like Keith has. I ended up getting rid of it. 4 years later I decided to give the T2 Classic a try and now I'm as happy as a lark. It's a awesome machine that will hit a 10" dime in my test bed only one other machine has done that and it was a Etrac.
March 02, 2017 08:20AM
My T2 is one of the original green ones,its found me more gold ie celtic gold staters (full and quarter)George 111 full Guinea,Vicyy Sovereigns and never missed a beat in all the years that i have had it,did look at either a upgrade or prehaps the latest one,but basically could not see any real advantage,my way of thinking is if it ain't broke don't fix or change it.I personally have never had any major EMI issues with the original T2 but then again i dont detect in suburbia like parks etc only mainly farmland and pasture.

Dont carry a switched on mobile phone with me as that as i understand can and also use a Garrett probe but once again never had any crosstalk issues with that either,i do have fair amount of coils for the T2 but prefer 3 regular ones,5'' factory coil, NEL Sharpshooter and Storm and if i just had the one detector then this would cover almost all my needs.

But saying that my 3 main detectors these days are the Deus,Nexus MP and the TDI Pro.