Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOKTA IMPACT: Expanding on Gen (D) all metal mode AND Sta (D) static mode (Video)

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Did a short video to expand a bit on the all metal Gen (D) mode that Keith touched on the other day in his video and to talk about/explain a bit about the True All Metal Static Mode Sta (D)

You will see my settings/etc. in the video but I do want to point out the in the Gen (D) test as shown = I am only running at 70 sensitivity (70% power) and still hitting the targets at around 12" in the test so out in the field where you can run it higher = you will see more depth even still.

video >> [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 10:18AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Nokta Impact: Expanding on Gen (D) all metal mode AND Sta (D) static mode (Video)
March 16, 2017 12:21AM
That was a great video. Very impressive all metal modes.

Rick
Good video, them 2 modes is looking good!!!!! , I will ware a pair of shows out re hunting some old camps. Cant wait!! smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley
Potomac run Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good video, them 2 modes is looking good!!!!! , I
> will ware a pair of shows out re hunting some old
> camps. Cant wait!! smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

I hear ya PR

for the 1st time ever (that I know of) we have a true all metal/non motion mode that has the ability to discriminate yet retain the depth that only static mode can offer on VLF machines and it's all done via tone through delta pitch AND tone break working together.

I can think of a few spots this will come in handy (woods/cellar hole sites, CW camps, old pounded out parks, picnic groves, construction sites, etc) where other machines have quit producing and/or where your current/past lineup of machines are calling deeper targets iron (and especially in dirt running 3 bars and above).
Re: Nokta Impact: Expanding on Gen (D) all metal mode AND Sta (D) static mode (Video)
March 16, 2017 09:47AM
Interesting, MRH. Thanks for the class.
Re: NOKTA IMPACT: Expanding on Gen (D) all metal mode AND Sta (D) static mode (Video)
March 16, 2017 12:37PM
Well done, MRH. This was done with the nail and good target in the same plane over the coil. Might I suggest as a follow-up that you repeat with the nail between the coil and good target, such as would be encountered if the nail was at 3 inches and the good target was under the nail at 7 inches, for example.

How critical is the tone break setting? I mean you made an adjustment in tone break for a known item you wanted to omit. How does this work when you are trying to cancel out unknown items encountered in the soil?
I mean, I suppose it's largely trial and error. If you're encountering nails, use them to determine your tone break setting? And if you're digging small crusty bits of iron, use them to set your tone break?
Am I on the right track here, or am I missing something?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Thanks for the video. I am probably the one that complained the most about seeing a video. I like the delta pitch on the Impact, because I see you can set the tone break where you want.
Re: NOKTA IMPACT: Expanding on Gen (D) all metal mode AND Sta (D) static mode (Video)
March 16, 2017 03:34PM
Bulls eye

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!