Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Goldmax Power coils NEL ???

Posted by docbars 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Goldmax Power coils NEL ???
March 29, 2017 08:13PM
Hey all
As anyone used the NEL sharpshooter coil on the XP Goldmax Power? Just wondering I thought it may be a good coil in the corn stubbles.
Thanks
HH Corey
Re: Goldmax Power coils NEL ???
March 30, 2017 10:51PM
I've used the factory 6x9 I think it was?? and had no real depth..but that may be different on the sharpshooter???

Only NEL I've had on the GMP was the 5 inch..good for exposed sites but had problems with pinestraw and wanting to high tone nails through the pinestraw because of airgaps..
buti that seems to be the problem with most high gain high freq units with air gaps and small coils..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 03, 2017 04:25AM
I just held and informal contest between the F-19 w/NEL Snake, Vista Gold w/6" and GMP w/NEL Snake coil at a large old mining site with many flattened buildings out in northern Nevada where I live. A couple years ago I hit this place with the GBPro w/5" coil and found a fair amount of non-ferrous junk--maybe a brass machinery label for a real relic. And now hardly any non-ferrous stuff can be found. I wandered the same same route of devastation with the three detectors, about an hour each, and the GMP w/Snake coil won by finding twice as much non-ferrous junk as each of the other 2. Sensitivity on all detectors was at 50% to narrow the signal. I've also detected here at 90% gain--less rewards. An interesting feature of the GMP is that it will pick up thick iron--1/2" thick-- by producing a clear medium tone with no low edges to the tone as the coil is moved--3 tone mode. Found some drill steel and iron grinding balls this way. In the past I've found some great usable crowbars. So an interesting way to find heavy iron relics--if you're in the right area.

I have the Sharpshooter for GMP, but for the places I work with the very dense iron, I feel the Snake is better. I've only used the SS once, but will get back to it when I find a less littered area. The Red Racer w/OOR coil, a few months ago, was about like the Vista Gold and the F-19. Cal Cobra says the Snake works great on his Racer 2. The Vista Gold does find stuff deeper. The GMP w/Snake will be contesting with R Racer w/ Snake in a more relic-rich area in about a month.
April 03, 2017 11:39PM
Thanks guys foer the info
HH
Corey