Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THANKS EVERYBODY

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
THANKS EVERYBODY
February 25, 2011 01:25PM
There certainly is a bunch of knowledgable guys on this forum.-----I really appreciate your expertise & input from the various members here.----It's a nice, courteous forum to be a member of and I am enjoying my time (and learning) on this forum.-----Anybody else feel the same way?-----I'm still learning--I'm 72 yrs. old and bought my first detector back in 1975---maybe if I "hang out" here long enough I'll "get it together" after all!! grin--------Thanks Tom for all that you do.-----------Del
Re: THANKS EVERYBODY
February 25, 2011 01:32PM
I absolutely feel the same way. I love truth and straight-forwardness, and this forum has that, plus and unbelievable amount of knowledge. I've run into no one here that is not kindly willing to help and offer information, and it's no-nonsense and no BS. Great place to be if you want to learn in this hobby. Thanks everyone, and in particular, thanks Mr. Dankowski!

Steve
February 25, 2011 05:57PM
Yes, great forum. I have been swinging since 1974 and like Del, still learning. HH jim tn
February 25, 2011 07:27PM
Without a doubt this is my favorite forum I read... and the first I check every day. I truly appreciate Tom's willingness to share his wisdom with everyone. Many here have offered a vast amount of advice and shared their wisdom. Nothing beats years of experience. Thanks to everyone for "spreading the wealth"!!!

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
February 25, 2011 10:16PM
I read the tar out of this forum and want to thank everyone for their expertise offered here... I haven’t contributed any knowledge as the space between my ears has a rough enough time absorbing the information you folks provide...

-Robert
February 26, 2011 01:58AM
Same thing here. A monster THANK YOU for this forum. Been at it since 1990. A 66 year old kid. My GB Pro is my first Fisher machine. Can't say enough good things about this forum. Especially like the educated, helpful, contributing, atmosphere here. Appreciate that treads don't just disappear here, and that things are dealt with by the experienced members. Thoughtful disagreement and helpful corrections are just the best here. Aside from Tom, a special thank you to all the folks that willingly share their knowledge and advice. Will be back many, many, times. John McCann
February 26, 2011 02:42AM
With gratitude, you are welcome.
For those who are willing to learn and share.......it makes 'teaching': meaningful.
February 26, 2011 02:56AM
This is the only forum i point towards , for those that want to learn.
February 26, 2011 05:00AM
Fellow devotees,

I haven't bothered with any other forums for several years now and don't know of any reason to do so. With all of Tom's knowledge, integrity, continuing drive to learn but most of all sincere desire to share all he knows with those that crave knowledge, what would be the point? I have been most fortunate in personally knowing Tom for nearly 12 years and I have yet to meet anyone more genuinely sincere and friendly. I have had the pleasure of attending 7 or 8 of his seminars and only wish I could absorb all that I have heard.

It has always amazed me how he gets as much done, as he does, and still come up smiling. I consider him as my friend but in reality he is a friend to everyone that swings a detector. And we're all better off for it'

Thanks Tom
Suncoast Wally
Wally.......
February 26, 2011 06:45AM
I think all of us would like to meet Tom.........for the reasons stated.
Couldn't agree more....
February 26, 2011 12:57PM
There is no other forum like this one and my favorite read - by far! Keep up the great work guys! Like Wally, I having seen Tom speak several times at his presentations, I can tell you for sure that NO amount of time seems like it's enough. He is a fascinating and extremely knowledgeable speaker, and those of us with a tech-and-detecting bug who really strive to approach this hobby 'intelligently' will grab any opportunity to listen in and learn.
February 26, 2011 01:22PM
This forum stands on it's own for all of the above reasons , ................and then there are the rest !!.....Jim
February 26, 2011 11:52PM
Tom, you sound like my wife, she's a teacher and she teaches elementary school children computers, and they learn fast
February 27, 2011 04:46AM
I surely do appreciate this forum and all who post here, I don't post a lot for fear of sounding, "how to put this" dumb. But I do read and try and soak in as much knowledge and info as this old brain will accept. I will say I come here to learn and not to knock other forums because I do enjoy reading peoples finds and experiences etc. I just feel there is more technical info here and yes a little cutting up and light hearted funnin at times but for the most I view this as a classroom for which I am grateful for.
February 27, 2011 12:57PM
Good post.
......and learning is not 'dumb'!
March 01, 2011 03:17PM
Coyote65 --

I feel the same way you do -- sometimes I think it's better to keep quiet so people only "wonder" if I am ignorant, versus opening my mouth and removing all doubt! But, on this forum, I haven't been jumped on yet for lacking knowledge -- which is good, because the longer I stay here, the more I learn. I think this is a great place to ask questions, even if you don't feel "up to par," knowledge-wise. (And I sure dont!! After all, our gracious teacher and forum "moderator" here IS a rocket scientist!!) smiling smiley

Thanks all!
Steve
March 01, 2011 04:06PM
Many times I have heard " The only stupid question , is the one you didn't ask " ........ Do you think smart people were born smart ? ....... You ask , you get answers, and you learn !!.....and as Tom said Learning is NOT Dumb !!......JIm