Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites mx sport VS Fisher cz 70 pro certified 12 inches

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites mx sport VS Fisher cz 70 pro certified 12 inches
April 17, 2017 09:36AM
I have a cz 70 pro that TD has certified 12 inches...Also it is in near new condition. Got a chance to trade for the new added firmware? MX sport by whites. The whites is used also. I remember reading they had many issues with them at first. anyway can someone give me a comparison of the 2 and which they would recommend. No nothing about the mx sport. Have owned many C Z;s.. thank any advice much appreciated. I did pay dearly for the CZ.
Re: Whites mx sport VS Fisher cz 70 pro certified 12 inches
April 17, 2017 12:55PM
I can't make that decision for you but if I could I would say, keep the CZ70. Especially if it is a true 12 incher. From what I gather, the digital CZs were deep or not deep by other CZ standards. I think the proper analog CZ is actually 12 inches with the elite few making it 12.5 to 13 inches. Most will fall in the 10-11 inch range. The digital ones on the other hand, seem to like to hover in the 9 to 10 inch range. I've saw and heard of very few digital ones hitting 12 inches so you have a very good and rare one. I have a CZ70 too and mine is just an average one; it wont even get 12 inches on a coin with the 10.5 inch coil attached. But I like it for the tones and it doesn't seem to get fooled by the crown caps; although the high tone falsing on deep nails seem to be its trouble spot.

I happened to be one of the few to like the MX Sport. It is a great machine for certain hunting applications. It loves round things which makes it good for coin hunting. BUT like many other machines with DD coils, it has a love for steel battlecaps/crowncaps. I never tried it with the concentric coil though; in some cases, that helps with the caps. I know when I had mine at the beach, those things were a holy terror and ID like a dime/quarter until you get the coil right on top of them and then they get jumpy. Otherwise, they tend to lock right in that coin range. It does decent on wet sand and exceptional on dry sand at the beach. If you wade in the water with it you have to drop the sensitivity quite a bit or it will overload when the water comes over the coil. Up on land, it handles high mineral decently well. With the stock coil, you can expect it to air test a dime at approx 10 inches. You will gain a lot by going to the 13 inch coil for it.
April 17, 2017 01:52PM
I'd think long and hard before trading a certified 12" cz.
April 17, 2017 02:33PM
You know you've got a good and hot TD certified CZ70, who knows what you got with the MXS????
April 17, 2017 02:40PM
There were 3 versions of the MX Sport all having issues till the 4th version was out. U better ask Whites about the serial numbers as they will tell u which version u have If its a version 1 or2 or 3 u might want to send it in for repair I had a #2 version and sold it as I knew it was faulty. shortribs
April 17, 2017 02:55PM
Sonny put it under your bed till you get the itch again....Used sports can be bought used anytime......12 inch CZ's (priceless).....
April 17, 2017 03:26PM
Yeah Keep the CZ as had many and whether it Analog or Digital 12 inch CZs are a rare breed. MX Sports a Dime a Dozen.
April 17, 2017 05:26PM
Sonny-----I sure wouldn't want to make that trade.---It's a "lop sided" trade & the odds sure aren't in your favor.----Keep that gem you got!---------Del
April 17, 2017 09:02PM
"Used MXSport"--it's USED for a reason.
April 17, 2017 10:30PM
An MX Sport will kill a CZ in iron infested sites.
April 17, 2017 11:23PM
If you're not hitting nickels at 12" with the MX Sport you need to slow down and switch to relic/all-metal mode!
April 17, 2017 11:49PM
I own a 12 in Tom tuned CZ6A and there is no way I would trade it for an mxsport.