Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 thoughts....

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 thoughts....
April 23, 2017 08:11PM
Just tried out my standard T2 in a local park....excellent ergonomics and light weight...really accurate and surprising deep and imagine would work well in old areas for deep coins. I thought CZ's were nickle grabbers well if the T2 said 57-58 I pulled nickles and first time in years came home with more nickles than dimes or quarters and that dreaded one pulltab that read nickle on other units was a dead 60...In addendum was user friendly to set up,pinpointed well and last but not least was quiet..Not a techie like some of our members but tried to cover it in laymans terms...
Re: T2 thoughts....
April 24, 2017 01:51AM
Yep can't Beat The T2....... especially at the special low price they have been selling for.
April 24, 2017 03:01AM
It's one of the best machines I've used Dan. It goes deep on coins and picks up low conductors quite well. It runs at 13 kHz which is excellent for both high and low conductors. I have the stock 11"DD coil and NEL Sharpshooter Coil and 5" DD coil for it so I can hunt just about any area I decide to. And if you get in a area with those pesky bottle caps you have 2 options switch to 3b mode or you can just raise the coil slightly if the ID starts dropping say from 89 down to 60 it's a bottle cap.
April 24, 2017 03:28AM
Also I forgot to mention the T2 gets maximum depth with a quick sweep speed. It's one of only two machines that have been able to hit my 10" dime in my test bed which consists of good old Georgia Red Clay which is 2-4 bar dirt the other machine was Minelab Etrac.
April 24, 2017 03:42AM
Have had my original T2 for many years and also found me the most gold including Celtic full and quarter staters,George 111 full guinea and Viccy Sovereigns,they take just seconds to setup and then you are out detecting,3 main coils i mainly use the NEL Storm,NEL Sharpshooter and the brilliant 5'' coil that is deadly on trashy roman/saxon sites the depth from such a small coil is very good.

The main coil that i use on the T2 is the Sharpshooter coil,its just a real joy too use and cover almost all my needs from a detector,but if one needs the extra depth and also keep a reasonable amount of sensitivity to small finds as well then i use the NEL Storm coil.

One of the nicest all round detectors that i have ever used and yes i do own a fair amount of detectors and coils winking smiley
April 24, 2017 02:02PM
On those pesky rusty bottlecaps I quickly noticed the numbers jumped around and kept it in audio 3 and didn't even switch to bottlecap reject . Would think there is gold ring lurking as previous hunters missed all those nickles going for high coins..Had a new one when they first came out and was a chatterbox so improvements have been made.
April 24, 2017 02:12PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On those pesky rusty bottlecaps I quickly noticed
> the numbers jumped around and kept it in audio 3 a
> nd didn't even switch to bottlecap reject . Would
> think there is gold ring lurking as previous hunt
> ers missed all those nickles going for high coins.
> .Had a new one when they first came out and was a
> chatterbox so improvements have been made.

What is the production date on your T2 Dan?-----You can tell by the first four digits that come up on the screen when you turn it on.----The first four digits of the serial number are the month & year of manufacture.
April 24, 2017 03:01PM
I have a version 9 T2-Classic. Really like this machine in the iron. Can't wait to try my Nel sniper coil asap.
April 24, 2017 03:03PM
U guys are full of info.......Dec 2016 is surely recently made...12-16....thanks, Dan
April 24, 2017 07:15PM
Exact Dan

The T2-C. is Excellent and took a decade but it's about Perfect..

I would not sell my T2-C. 12/16 I have...

Its deadly..

Add a Sharpshooter for cruising and a snake for tight work..

Just yesterday I went in between some guys dig holes in some bad iron(Old House site demolition area ) with that Snake coil and had a blast!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 25, 2017 02:25AM
I have never used the T2 but I am really wanting to know what it is capable of doing or behaving better or differently than the Racer 2 and/or the F75 DST of which I have both. Also have the AT Pro and use all three every chance I get. I have read all your posts here and have several / SEVERAL times almost pulled the trigger on one. I am still teetering but !!!
April 25, 2017 05:58AM
Michael296 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never used the T2 but I am really wanting t
> o know what it is capable of doing or behaving bet
> ter or differently than the Racer 2 and/or the F75
> DST of which I have both. Also have the AT Pro and
> use all three every chance I get. I have read all
> your posts here and have several / SEVERAL times a
> lmost pulled the trigger on one. I am still teeter
> ing but !!!

Out of the detectors you have listed the only one I have used is the AT-PRO. Here's my two cents the T2 has better depth and the audio is superior on the T2 the T2 has a lot better separation abilities in iron especially using the Sharpshooter Coil or the 5" DD coil . The only advantage the AT-PRO has over the T2 is its submersible and I really liked the iron audio feature on it but it can give you a headache after a long hunt.