Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My 2 pairs of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones work fine with the Impact

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My 2 pairs of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones work fine with the Impact
April 24, 2017 03:33PM
I have two pairs of Pro Golds. I tried both of them wired directly and also using the Deteknix Transmitter and Receiver for wireless headphones. Tried in all 3 frequencies. In all cases, not a peep. Absolute quiet.
This was in the back bedroom as it's raining, here, but I don't see why I would get a different result away from the house.

One pair is approximately 3 years old and the other pair is probably 2 years old.

Curious if others with Pro Golds and Impact find that their Pro Golds also work QUIETLY with the Impact?

I was going to post this as a reply in one of the other threads mentioning the problem, but thought that might be a bit obscure regarding the problem some have reported, and others might be affected by.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: My 2 pairs of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones work fine with the Impact
August 02, 2017 06:51PM
I see that this is an older thread but as I saw no replies and happened to be looking for headphone info... I first have to ask if your Sun Rays are both known to be good, and working. Have you flipped the stereo/mono switch and checked? Is the headphone jack on the Impact a mono or stereo? Have you tried any other headphones on the Impact and found them to work?

Could it be that the headphone jack on the Impact is dirty or defective?

Just curious, as the Sun Ray headphones should be working just fine.. I'd suspect a problem with the Impact's headphone jack.

Dirty ol' Digger
August 02, 2017 06:55PM
My pro golds work fine with Impact.

Clarification
My pro golds will not extinguish external speaker when used with Minelab CTX3030 detector.
As far as audio being presented to headphone speakers while hooked to CTX, yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2017 09:28PM by Sod-buster.
August 02, 2017 07:48PM
Since going with the factory wireless headphones, my Sunray Gold's have been collecting dust!
August 02, 2017 09:08PM
My Pro Golds work fine with the Impact, but they are the version wired to work with the CTX 3030 (and anything else). Regular Pro Gold models do not work properly with the CTX so maybe something similar is going on here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2017 12:01AM by Steve Herschbach.
August 02, 2017 10:24PM
I also use the Pro Golds with my Impact and LOVE them. I have 3 pair and use them on a variety of different detectors with great results.
August 03, 2017 01:07PM
Pinenut, I believe you misunderstand my post. It's all in the title - the Pro Golds work fine. The "not a peep" and silence I mention in the body of the post refer to a problem some folks reported, early on, of extraneous noise when using Pro Golds with the Impact. I was reporting that the Pro Golds work fine with my Impact and do not have a "peep" of static or humming or any other extraneous noise.

Sorry for any wording issues that may have caused the misunderstanding, and thank you for offering to help.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 03, 2017 06:03PM
Hey Wayne, thanks for clarifying. After rereading (after my post), I figured I must have read something wrong.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Dirty ol' Digger