Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

5/2/17 Nokta Impact air test 1

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
5/2/17 Nokta Impact air test 1
May 03, 2017 02:29AM
I had some time so I did an air test.

Standard air test warning: All machine can air test differently due to the conditions of each machine, the targets and the area it was tested. Not all results will be the same and this is NOT an indicator of what to EXACTLY expect when detecting targets in the ground.

Conditions:

Inside a living room containing much EMI

Running update:R1_V1.13_V1.11

Gain: 90

Frequency: 5khz

Coins were waived until a faint REPEATABLE signal was still heard.

Di2:

Nickel-11"
dime-12"
quarter-14"

The Di2 ran smooth for about 20 seconds then went ballistic. I do believe this was due to EMI(inside the house) and the high gain. A smaller gain outdoors would of had much less EMI

Di3

Nickel-10.5"
dime-10"
quarter-11"

No surprise there. The Di3 mode is my favorite for hunting site quickly and don't usually use it for deep coins, however, 10" dimes are nothing to sneeze at either. EMI was mild but noticeable. Again, high gain and being indoors is most likely the culprit.

Deep:

Nickel-14.5"
dime-14"
quarter-16"

Those are ridiculous numbers. EMI was unbearable.

Vlx1:

Nickel-11"
dime-10.5"
quarter-13"

Much quieter EMI again was present but it was dampened. Reminds me of the f75 LTD 2 emi shielding..

Gen(D)

Nickel-12"
dime-11"
quarter-13.25"

Barely any EMI even at the 90 gain. The coins at that depth had a faint but noticeable "zing zing" sound to them. Check out the bottle cap*

*Bottle cap(new)
At 10"(and less) I KNEW without any doubt, that it was a bottle cap. The sound was unmistakable(iron blah) I really do think you can use this mode to be able to tell the difference between a good target and a bottle cap.
At 11-12" the bottle cap was descernable, but it would be hard to tell if it was a good or bad target.

Rusted Iron chain link(2 inches in diameter). I was able to tell that it was an iron target at any depth it was detectable at.

Comments:

I hate to sound like a broken record, but being indoors at 90 gain, i should have bad EMI. it's outside that concerns me( I owe Dilek a video on it, It just has to stop raining and threatening tornadoes).

In my almost 30 years of detecting, I have owned a lot of machines. This one continues to impress me. It's like having a magician at your beck and call. Im starting to like it better than my CTX and that says a lot. in the field, it sniffs out good targets.In the hands of a experienced veteran, this machine can make finds appear where I thought there were none(see my posts on my first 5 hunts). I dogged it last weekend and didn't hunt Saturday or Sunday, But I plan on doing so often this summer.
Re: 5/2/17 Nokta Impact air test 1
May 03, 2017 02:57PM
I tested mine at the same settings that you gave and mine seems to mirror your machine...that is a good thing. I get better depth out of DI4 myself, but it is a tad more jumpy.
May 03, 2017 03:09PM
I really do thin the EMI is from the standard coil not have the correct amount of shielding. But it's way to early to say for sure
May 04, 2017 06:10AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really do thin the EMI is from the standard coil
> not have the correct amount of shielding. But it's
> way to early to say for sure

Still waiting for your video:-)
May 04, 2017 11:52AM
The Impact is a brilliant machine, but I would of expected those depths to be a lot deeper,

Is the GEN mode the Impacts version of All Metal.?

John.
May 04, 2017 02:45PM
Be cool if You could do a Video like Mine to see how it does indoors on Air test in Disc. With a Tone I.D. mode.
Does it have a 4 or 3 Tone Mode?
I know it's Hot in 2 Tone.
I was Suprised How smooth my CZ-3D was indoors, But CZs are good with EMI.
You are rite though a 10" Dime is nothing to sneeze at as any Detector that can do that is Deep.
My Little Golden uMax can do 9.5" on a Dime and for that Model that's Hot. Its The New Tone version.
And I realise the Impact like Racers has other things going for it like speed And separation just curious to see.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2017 03:04PM by Harold,ILL..
May 04, 2017 03:11PM
"Be cool if You could do a Video like Mine to see how it does indoors on Air test in Disc."

Yikes! Naw! Im gonna have some videos outside...soon in fact!

"Does it have a 4 or 3 Tone Mode?"

di3 is a 3 tone

DI4 is a 4 tone(I din't test it yet).

Since the update I went to a spot were I had severe EMI and I could not replicate this.
May 04, 2017 04:16PM
The R2 in deep mode was getting,
Dime 16.5
Nickle 18.9
Quarter 17.3
At a gain of 93 in probably perfect conditions.
May 04, 2017 05:19PM
DI4 is deeper than DI2 or DI3 on my machine. It is by far, the more sparkier mode though.

Should also note that I get your numbers when using factory presets in each mode...except for the gain, in which we turned up. If you want better air test figures in the other modes, put disc on 0 and change iSat to 0. Each program already comes with iron discriminated out and iSat is on 1 to compensate for most ground conditions...if in low mineral or air testing, you get better depth if you can run iSat at 0.

4 tone mode at 90 gain. 0 disc. iSat 0. 5khz.

Dime 13.5 inches
Quarter 14.75 inches
Nickel 13 inches
May 04, 2017 05:27PM
Daniel TN, you are correct I was using factory defaults. I know I can get a few more inches if I tried. I have come to realize that depth is not what makes this machine great. It's the ability to make good targets stand out, but the key is, you need to have experience to really get the max benefit.
May 04, 2017 05:52PM
Yep I agree but you know how some people are. They will look at air test figures and make a big deal about it. The Impact almost gets the same 3rd Degree treatment as people gave with the MX Sport and some other newer release machines. It's almost like people WANT to see them do bad/fail.

The beauty of this machine, at least in my opinion, is that it can eliminate the need in having several other detectors. If using the Fisher/Teknetics machines for example....the Impact pulls the same weight as the Omega 8000, T2/F75, and F19/G2+. What's impressive is that you don't really lose anything with it....in the past, to gain something you always had to compromise and lose something else. With just a mode change, the Impact becomes several other detectors in one.

Once I tested it, I didn't hesitate to sell the other machines I had, that it could replace. This is why I am still a little puzzled as to why Keith still likes running the T2 Classic. I had to get a new one just to see what the deal was, and in every test I have put the T2 up against the Impact, the T2 has fallen short. The Feb 2017 build date F75 was the same way...it matches the T2 Classic's air test figures but that still falls a good ways short. Example just in air test figures...

T2 classic, stock coil, 99 sensitivity, 0 disc.

Dime - 9 inches
Quarter - 10 inches
Nickel - 10.5 inches

It's quiet and they run a long time on batteries but that's about it for me.
May 04, 2017 06:56PM
Some of us can't run very high gain settings in our ground. How does it air test with a setting of 55 ?

HH
Mike
May 04, 2017 07:28PM
Di4 is the deepest tone mode.processed differently than Di2..yet Di 2 is deep too..

99 id nice in iron for the real iffys..

Extra depth in open areas with resolution of threshold waver Gen(D) is the way to go..

Deep moe if your ground will allow is awesome for depth..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2017 04:54PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of us can't run very high gain settings in ou
> r ground. How does it air test with a setting of
> 55 ?
>
> HH
> Mike

I will work on this Mike, any modes or settings you want also?

"Extra depth in open areas with resolution of threshold waver Gen(D) is the way to go.. "

Keith, I agree. However, I use Gen(d) for target comparison and so far of the 25 targets I tested, it has been 100% correct in regards to iron ID. More testing is need for conclusive results.
May 05, 2017 05:53PM
Thanks Beyonder.

Di99, please.

HH
Mike