NEW GARRETT AT MAX
May 06, 2017 06:25PM
Re: NEW GARRETT AT MAX
May 06, 2017 06:45PM
Now we know why the roll out was so low keyed and underwhelming.
May 06, 2017 06:55PM
I'm feeling very good about my purchase of the Impact. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 06:58PM by Dan(NM).
May 06, 2017 06:55PM
Kind of agree with shoveler. Does have some new features, but not a game changer...........unless it gets an additional 3" of depth in disc mode. HH jim tn
May 06, 2017 06:56PM
It looks pretty lame. The thing that concerns me the most is that they say it has pulse width audio, not proportional. I hope the terms are interchangeable, but I feel they might not be.
May 06, 2017 06:59PM
Increased power is that from the existing power source or is it more batteries ?
May 06, 2017 07:12PM
Yes I agree, nothing much in terms of innovation. Just at pro with some added bells and whistles. I thought for sure it would be a muilty freq machine
May 06, 2017 07:17PM
Come on give it a chance. Man Impact was hyped up for 6 Months before it even came out. One hour after its intro AT Max gets bashed? American Made Brother.
May 06, 2017 07:26PM
.....I WANT one (or two perhaps as a back-up)

I Like what I see.
I LOVED the ATP

Think this will be my 'Go-To' machine for everything!!!
May 06, 2017 07:27PM
Nobody is bashing it. Some high hopes perhaps just dashed a little at first glance. Some nice features, but will they aid us in finding more? HH jim tn
May 06, 2017 07:31PM
Like the All metal iron audio!
May 06, 2017 07:37PM
True multifreq metal detecting is a bitch.

3 companies have done it and none of them, so far - have made a significant move beyond their early achievements.

Physics is a harsh mistress - if you serve her you will suffer before you succeed.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 06, 2017 07:47PM
Heavy nose syndrome and bulky housing still. For me is not acceptable. I call old version wrist crusher... the worst ergonomy in metal detecting world. I have plenty heavier machines... but well balanced.

I remember old ID and audio and was awesome. What a pitty.
May 06, 2017 07:48PM
HMMMMM!

maybe a more complete AT unit now..

Was lacking on a couple things...

Sounds faster /Tighter for some reason??

Could very well NOW be a TRUE all a rounder especially with added threshold based all metal mode..

Seemed hot on that Nugget..

I can find a use for such a unit..

Ticks a lot of boxes. and blurs that line between the pro and gold now..

Wonder if the AT series coils especially after market will still work with it..

AT's ain't no joke in iron..and if it has more depth however there referencing that?? may be the all metal mode there alluding to for depth...should be a welcome unit..

Might be some spedup processing too..!!

Could be a surprise performer to alot of Garrett fan's and non Garrett fan's..

Price not alot higher and that seems to include the wireless phones..I'm sure there a hundred bucks or so by themselves ??

Hope to have one before my fall beach trip..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 07:50PM by Keith Southern.
May 06, 2017 07:53PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like the All metal iron audio!

same as AT Gold. Smart move keeping that feature.
May 06, 2017 08:02PM
jim tn Wrote:
> Nobody is bashing it. Some high hopes perhaps just
> dashed a little at first glance. Some nice feature
> s, but will they aid us in finding more? HH jim tn

Where I am from when someone calls something Lame that is a insult. Make be different were You live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 08:02PM by Harold,ILL..
May 06, 2017 08:09PM
Yes Keith it seems that the extra depth is only on the All Metal side ''A promised increased target detection depth in the current mode A / M (all metals)'' and a new ZERO mode ????

[hobby-detecting.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 08:10PM by sanjuro.
May 06, 2017 08:13PM
In the video, the all metal mode with iron audio sounded different than the AT Gold. The video just had a low grunt on iron in all metal. As you know the AT Gold has a high/low tone on iron. It probably is the same as the AT Gold though. And that part of the video was probably in disc and not all metal like it said. I would like to know if there is a change in the iron tone in all metal.

The AT Gold in all metal and iron audio is slow going when there is a lot of iron.

I wonder if the AT Pro/Gold coils are interchangeable with the AT Max.

Rick.
May 06, 2017 08:15PM
Salt water hunters all over are crying yet again. The only single frequency detectors to handle salt water with any punch to them are the Racer series. The AT Pro was advertised as a salt water hunter, but it just didn't live up to it. The single frequency detectors handle the Itty bitty stuff better, but depth and stability in the wet are the issues. Oh well. I guess I'm back to rooting for Minelab to come out with that waterproof Sovereign 2.
May 06, 2017 08:20PM
Harold, I am on my 2nd A T Pro and can't envision not having one in my arsenal. Be it Pro or Max. Speaking for myself I was just hoping for a little more. But, until I try one maybe it has a little more. Where I am from no one gets called out for speaking their mind. HH jim tn
May 06, 2017 08:24PM
"Come on guys...enough of the moaning already!
It's the same every time. Give it a chance.
What it has going for it is superb versatility and waterproof use AND improved ground balancing, true all metal and that to me peaks my wet beach sand use?

And, did I mention wireless????"
May 06, 2017 08:26PM
Garrett is going to sell a ton of these. You get a lot of detector for the price. I always liked the AT series for there ability to hunt in iron and I could hose it off when I was done. I like the AT gold better because of the true threshold based all metal. I will be selling my AT Gold to replace with the max.
May 06, 2017 08:28PM
jim tn Wrote:
> Harold, I am on my 2nd A T Pro and can't envision
> not having one in my arsenal. Be it Pro or Max. Sp
> eaking for myself I was just hoping for a little m
> ore. But, until I try one maybe it has a little mo
> re. Where I am from no one gets called out for spe
> aking their mind. HH jim tn

O.K. Fair enough.
May 06, 2017 08:29PM
Hmm well I'll have get one because I really like my AT Pro and was gonna get another one for freshwater lake hunting anyway. But I was really hoping for a new multi frequency machine, hope Fisher/Tek have new waterproof multi freq in the works.

John
May 06, 2017 08:40PM
This is a fantastic, innovative detector...if it was 10 years ago. I know there are Garrett fans here, so I will just say this: If this is they best they can do, then they are shooting for last place in the metal detecting market. Yeah, they will make a fortune selling them to the newbs, but for more seasoned and experienced hunters, Garrett seems to think they don't matter. Big disappointment.
May 06, 2017 08:42PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> This is a fantastic, innovative detector...if it w
> as 10 years ago. I know there are Garrett fans her
> e, so I will just say this: If this is they best t
> hey can do, then they are shooting for last place
> in the metal detecting market. Yeah, they will mak
> e a fortune selling them to the newbs, but for mor
> e seasoned and experienced hunters, Garrett seems
> to think they don't matter. Big disappointment.

Painfull true.
May 06, 2017 08:43PM
Coming from a detector manufacturing background and being heavily involved with detectors for 40 years, two things are jumping out at me here.

1. The extra R&D that went into the Max wasn't much.

2. Which leads me to believe that, what Garrett have been doing with their time has been developing something else, something new, and most of all, something unexpected? I think they'll release a New 'flagship' machine soon?

Gut feeling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 08:45PM by Des D.
May 06, 2017 08:47PM
Probably yes... but probably...and hope with new modern design, without bucket style housing...
May 06, 2017 08:49PM
Looks good to me. Whats so special about an impact? They do something groundbreaking I dont know about? Hopefully they came up with better coil connection design!
May 06, 2017 09:02PM
I would keep my racer my deus and my impact and not get the Max...has some nice AT features and if your an AT user then it could be a nice upgrade...but I never really liked the tones....I'll pass it won't sell as many as the Deus and the Impact if they added more freq maybe?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!