Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IMPACT GEN(D) AND STA(D) MODES

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
IMPACT GEN(D) AND STA(D) MODES
May 09, 2017 07:51AM
Hello all... below is a comment from Alper TOZAN - Software Team Leader regarding these 2 modes:

''I read a lot of comments about Gen (D) and STA (D) modes in some forums and firstly, I want to thank you about all your positive thoughts. On the other hand, I want to clarify one thing. In some forum discussions, these modes are defined as ‘’mix modes’’. These modes are not mix modes as mix modes typically result from at least two different software algorithms or hardware circuits working at the same time for decision making to discriminate and detect metals. These mix modes also show characteristics of two or more different modes at the same time including handicaps of each signal processing.

Gen (D) mode, on the other hand, is a true threshold based all metal mode with motion that can discriminate metal without needing any other hardware or higher order software process level. So it always behaves like a classical true threshold based all metal mode but with iron tone and tone break.''
Re: IMPACT GEN(D) AND STA(D) MODES
May 09, 2017 08:48AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I watched videos where mixed mode was mentioned and did not hear mixed mode, and wondered what they heard to call it mixed mode.
May 09, 2017 12:30PM
Please explain more fully the differences (and commonalities) between the Gen (D) and Gen modes.

Thank you.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 09, 2017 12:46PM
Im a big fan of GEN(D). I use it to tell ferrous from conductive targets. I am going to have a full video series on it.
May 09, 2017 07:36PM
yes the Gen(D) is Awesome for open areas and digging DEEEP!!

I wanted some more tone spacing on it from the beginning on the deepies but it was not able to be done...

Once you get the sound at depth down though its a fun hunt...

UNIQUE...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla