Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOKTA Impact Gold coins ID

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOKTA Impact Gold coins ID
May 18, 2017 05:24AM
What's is ID for gold coins 20mm diameter with Nokta Impact?
Re: NOKTA Impact Gold coins ID
May 18, 2017 05:54AM
Would depend on gold content (kt) as well as type/content of the other metals present in the coin and then it would depend on mineral level and type present in your ground because it's not going to read the same in an "air test" as it does buried and also if there's any other object/s near/mixed in with it = the number/s will skew.

It would help if you were asking about a specific date/type/denomination of gold and inform us on where it was minted but even then it's still subjected to the above.
May 18, 2017 05:59AM
Yes I understand it. But I need ID range. What to expect?
May 18, 2017 09:34AM
In most other detectors gold coins fall in the foil to penny range. Impact is probably about the same. HH jim tn
May 18, 2017 10:30AM
Gotta say that's one of the vaguest questions.
If you're looking for a specific coin, why not tell us what it is? A Polski coin? And add the details, like weight, gold fineness.
Then tell us what mode you're hunting in, and what frequency you're using, and whether you're ID-normalised or not......

However I would expect such a coin to ID as '40' on a Fisher F75, and I understand those Impact modes that use the 'F75 scaling' (15 -> 99 = Non-Iron) match closely to the Fisher. The coins "-3dB / corner frequency" will be about 10 KHz, so I would recommend hunting at 14KHz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2017 03:10PM by Pimento.